COWDENBEATH 2021-22

Two fairly poor teams and not a great watch. Cowden’s game management was atrocious and we gave away possession unnecessarily far too often. I think a draw would have been a fair result but a lovely strike won it for Stranraer. 
How often do we see Cowden shoot themselves in the foot like that. SIGH!!!

What looked like being a promising start to the season has just turned to shit. Part of this will be down to the covid situation but surely to christ we can be better at game management? If players aren't fully fit then make subs. 

I've never really been a big Bollan fan and I'm willing to cut him a bit of slack currently but it won't last long. Throwing away leads twice at home to lose is not a good sign. 

Was discussing the 2 Rovers loan players the other day. We were both hoping that they would do well, but my main concern was that they have gone to the wrong team.

The reason? The manager is so negative, and usually reluctant to make subs. 
I note tonight that by the 61st minute Stranraer had made 4! subs. 
And Cowden? …. Well 🤷‍♂️

Concerning that its now 2 games in a row we have lost from winning positions at home. We put a lot into that game and commitment and workrate could defo be seen there was no shortage of that last night. Bollans refusal to put even one player on in what was a tiring and fatigued team could have been a factor in the goals we lost. We were defo mentally tired as the players lapses in concentration cost us both goals.

Bollan also put harvey swann inside and played a 4-3-1-2 formation and then after going a goal up with 20 mins to go put swann back out left where he got absolute zero joy ALL game. Tactically he got it wrong and in what was a fine margins game we have to be clinical when on top (like in annan game) and go and kill teams off theres too much reluctance to score and then "keep it tight".

Liam Buchanan is a god send and really is a class player for us. We are missing morrisson big time in midfield as the 2 kyles cant play every game and put that work rate in every week. There was actually some good performances last night however you seen Stranraer when they scored they were not content with a point they hounded us and worked us until they created more opportunities so well played to them.

I wouldnt overly panic as we are playing good stuff at times and in the games we lose we do create chances where in the past seasons with bollans team we have been overall reall poor. Big game in our next outing in the league for sure.

This saturday i would hope that Gary would unleash mahady/coulson and pollock. Give the lad collins game time as well.Its an ideal game for it 

think the raith rovers management team were there last night and obviously not even seeing two of their players even get 1 min of action is dissapointing if I am them.

Don't know why we don't try Thomson as a sitting midfielder,he's playing out of position at left back anyway. He reads the game well and can certainly tackle. Whether his passing is up to it I don't know, but I am tired of watching opposition players stroll through our midfield as though it didn't exist.

3 hours ago, iateallthepies said:

Don't know why we don't try Thomson as a sitting midfielder,he's playing out of position at left back anyway. He reads the game well and can certainly tackle. Whether his passing is up to it I don't know, but I am tired of watching opposition players stroll through our midfield as though it didn't exist.

Our midfield is one player. Hutton, he runs himself into the ground.  Having too many players who can't pass a ball more than a few feet and usually behind the target doesn't help.