COWDENBEATH 2021-22

4 hours ago, Cowden_T.I.D said:

Sad news about the passing of Zoe Smith , did a massive amount for the club

Aye I was shocked when I heard last night, was speaking to her at the Elgin game.

As you say she raised some amount of money with her fund raising.

RIP Zoe.

Edited by cowdenbeath

I was compltely shocked and saddened to get the phone call last night to tell me of Zoe's passing. Everyone who met her was swept away by her energy passion & enthusiasm. She worked tirelessly for the club raising staggering amouts of money though an eyewatering range of activities as well as persuading the footballing elite and celebrities to at least give a tenner.

A kind hearted young lady  who despite any of her own troubles always thought of others supporting them in any way she could.

RIP Zoe I and the club have cruelly  lost a loyal true friend who has passed way too soon you will be very sadly missed.

My thoughts and condolances to her family and close friends.

Saturdays at Central Park will never feel quite the same again.

That's sad about Zoe. She was certainly passionate about the Blue Brazil without ever being nasty about it. I think she tanned her way into Meadowbank Stadium for nowt once but you can't begrudge that! 

It's people like her that keep clubs from going under.

Is everyone too stunned to comment on today's game?A game of one third two thirds. We could easily have been 4-0 up after half an hour. If you don't believe me check the highlights when they come up. After that our midfield seemed to run out of steam, maybe it was because of all the missed training , and Annan took control. Their equalizing penalty was a Barry Cook special. Even though we were not in control we still created a couple of good chances but Fleming in goal was brilliant. Not to be. Annan have a bit about them but are not a very likeable team. Personally I would swap our full backs. Both are right backs but Mullen seems the more adaptable.

30 minutes ago, iateallthepies said:

Is everyone too stunned to comment on today's game?A game of one third two thirds. We could easily have been 4-0 up after half an hour. If you don't believe me check the highlights when they come up. After that our midfield seemed to run out of steam, maybe it was because of all the missed training , and Annan took control. Their equalizing penalty was a Barry Cook special. Even though we were not in control we still created a couple of good chances but Fleming in goal was brilliant. Not to be. Annan have a bit about them but are not a very likeable team. Personally I would swap our full backs. Both are right backs but Mullen seems the more adaptable.

Could have been 3 up in the first five minutes but for Greg Fleming, then one cleared off the line all in the first half.

Lack of training due to the covid issue may have a lot to do with the second half but it was poor goals we gave away.

Annan are an in your face team, the goalie coach in the dug was a bit in your face from the sidelines as well.

Nice touch the fans giving the minutes clap in the 36th minute for Zoe.

She would have been going mental about that second half.

14 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Could have been 3 up in the first five minutes but for Greg Fleming, then one cleared off the line all in the first half.

Lack of training due to the covid issue may have a lot to do with the second half but it was poor goals we gave away.

Annan are an in your face team, the goalie coach in the dug was a bit in your face from the sidelines as well.

Nice touch the fans giving the minutes clap in the 36th minute for Zoe.

She would have been going mental about that second half.

Aye, could have been out of sight after ten minutes. After that we seemed to get lost resorting to route one which the Annan defenders dealt with. We looked shaky at set plays and couldn't deal with Annan's crosses whereas ours were all over the place. 

We really need another decent midfielder if Morrison is unavailable.

27 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

On another day we'd have won that 5 nil. Giving away the daft penalty was the start of the problems.

Be interesting if the camera can see if the clearance late on was over the line as where I was standing it looked over.

First half performance was excellent, second half not so much.

Don’t know if the tv camera would get it, shame we didn’t have the behind the goal one that would have cleared it up.

Not that it matters now but it did look over.

15 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Don’t know if the tv camera would get it, shame we didn’t have the behind the goal one that would have cleared it up.

Not that it matters now but it did look over.

I was in line, yes it was over the line by some way but would it have made a difference? We were poor second half.