COWDENBEATH 2021-22

3 hours ago, NELLY said:

Why would it be treated as a training game by rotating maybe 3 or 4 players. One of whom scored on saturday and one or two others who need games to get their fitness up and prove they are worthy of a starting position e.g im thinking maybe swann or clarke to oust barr/thomson.

This game is important for the team to maintain momentum but as a squad you have to give some players games and see if they are up to it this is for me the ideal game. Its a tough away game against decent opposition. 

Players dont treat any game as a training game and neither will management however it could be a game to try something different in terms of the shape or tweak some free kicks/corner routines etc..

We will have a strong enough team even with 3-4 changes to win this game and maintain a positive result from Saturday.

Hope you are right. Fraserburgh scored six against Brora on Saturday.

6 hours ago, NELLY said:

Why would it be treated as a training game by rotating maybe 3 or 4 players. One of whom scored on saturday and one or two others who need games to get their fitness up and prove they are worthy of a starting position e.g im thinking maybe swann or clarke to oust barr/thomson.

This game is important for the team to maintain momentum but as a squad you have to give some players games and see if they are up to it this is for me the ideal game. Its a tough away game against decent opposition. 

Players dont treat any game as a training game and neither will management however it could be a game to try something different in terms of the shape or tweak some free kicks/corner routines etc..

We will have a strong enough team even with 3-4 changes to win this game and maintain a positive result from Saturday.

Spot on

i hate the term resting players, your giving others the chance to show what they can do, it should be about them, not the players who are dropped. 
It may be the Manager has doubts about a certain position or tactic and wants to try something new or different.

17 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

PPV was terrible. Never even saw the goal. Don’t know what the camera person was doing. 

I think it might have been AI so possibly Pixelot? The camera didn't like the far side of the pitch and whenever the ball went over there, it got lost and was tracking quite a bit behind play.

Poor coverage.

3 hours ago, Drifter said:

Any news on an away kit this season or, with the fact no other club in League Two wears blue, are we not bothering this year and just hoping Cowden draw non-blue-shirt-wearing clubs in the cups?!

Stranraer and Forfar both play in blue.

Away kit in en route but might not be launched until September. It's a beaut.

Great victory for the side and a clean sheet which is a positive. Nice to get some lads minutes as well. Biggest concern moving forward is if one or two key injuries or suspensions we could be struggling as the depth in terms of quality I dont feel is there its almost impossible to keep everyone fit and available for the season but have young hungry players in the squad who can always step in and do a job.

Another centre mid for me and would complete the squad. Heaven help us if Bucks or even Rents gets injured.