COWDENBEATH 2021-22

One signing can make all the difference in the lower leagues, we were challenging for 4th until Gordon Smith went to Oz, after that Spence never got the service and we plummeted down the table.

Totally agree with this. I couldn’t believe the difference when Smith left. Hopefully Bucks can have the same impact.

Have been to 2 Cowden games this season, Brechin and Kelty games.

Why does Bollan persist with Thomson at left back? Never a left back. He might be a decent player, but not in that position. 
Also no idea why Swann signed on, Bollan clearly doesn’t rate him. Waste of a decent player. Have been saying that for 2/3 seasons now. If I was in Swanns shoes, Bollan would have been told what I thought of him many moons ago.

Not sure about the other boy signed for left back, Clarke? , but others have said he’s good enough.

2 minutes ago, big al said:

Have been to 2 Cowden games this season, Brechin and Kelty games.

Why does Bollan persist with Thomson at left back? Never a left back. He might be a decent player, but not in that position. 
Also no idea why Swann signed on, Bollan clearly doesn’t rate him. Waste of a decent player. Have been saying that for 2/3 seasons now. If I was in Swanns shoes, Bollan would have been told what I thought of him many moons ago.

Not sure about the other boy signed for left back, Clarke? , but others have said he’s good enough.

Thomson is one of the best RB in the league. Random position to play him in.

2 hours ago, HenryHill said:

If you are going to sign a sex offender that means I cannot watch my team at least find the smallest of decency and play him in position.

I wasn’t impressed with the signing either bud, and emailed the board to say so.

1 hour ago, big al said:

I wasn’t impressed with the signing either bud, and emailed the board to say so.

Good that you emailed. I just don't think it would do much good as they would have known the consequences before they did it and aren't going to release him.

I am now at the stage where I know that I won't attend a single game while he is there, but even if he leaves it's still a club that would go ahead and do such a thing.

I am gradually falling out of love with my club and I am now off doing other things.

22 minutes ago, HenryHill said:

Good that you emailed. I just don't think it would do much good as they would have known the consequences before they did it and aren't going to release him.

I am now at the stage where I know that I won't attend a single game while he is there, but even if he leaves it's still a club that would go ahead and do such a thing.

I am gradually falling out of love with my club and I am now off doing other things.

That’s sad to hear.

I have spoken at length with several others about this, and have come to the conclusion that not going to let 1 person ruin any enjoyment of meeting up with mates at the fitba, a person who may not be with the club many seasons, players come and go.

I personally feel the board got it wrong with this signing but they have given their reasons and they do so much hard work that I won’t stop going over 1 decision.

Cowden take on Fraserburgh on Tuesday in the Challenge Cup and it looks like there may be an FFC TV stream for the game.

While I hope Garry can give some of our younger guys a run out, Fraserburgh have started their season with three wins out of three, are scoring goals for fun and clearly cannot be treated lightly.

Good luck Blue Brazil:bounce3

42 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Cowden take on Fraserburgh on Tuesday in the Challenge Cup and it looks like there may be an FFC TV stream for the game.

While I hope Garry can give some of our younger guys a run out, Fraserburgh have started their season with three wins out of three, are scoring goals for fun and clearly cannot be treated lightly.

Is it even financially worthwhile to bother travelling up there for a challenge cup game?

Way past Aberdeen, players with jobs need time off etc. and travelling costs. Won’t be much money in that cup.

Terrible draw.

11 hours ago, big al said:

Is it even financially worthwhile to bother travelling up there for a challenge cup game?

Way past Aberdeen, players with jobs need time off etc. and travelling costs. Won’t be much money in that cup.

Terrible draw.

At least Fraserburgh will have a crowd which we get a share of the gate.

On the other hand we could have drawn one of the B teams who would have been watched by one man and a dog.

At the end of the day it’s the luck of the draw , last season Wick had to comedown to us on Boxing Day for a Scottish Cup tie played behind closed doors that wouldn’t have been much fun.

13 hours ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

It will be a much harder game than it was on Saturday. Only a full strength team will give us a chance.

No full strength team for me. Hard game yes but now is the time for Gary to blood a couple of youngsters and give boys like Barr/Bucks a midweek off. Loads of more important games to come. For me start the following.

GILL - RIGHT BACK Mullen/left back Ross Clarke/centre half Todd-Pollock

midfield of Robbie Buchanan with Kyle Hutton - swann on left or right with Coulson left or right

Mahady up top with Renton or bucks one of the 2.

Give mins during game to lennon watson/new lad collins.

badly needing a centre midfielder to cover for loss of morrison just now. Hutton and miller playing 90 mins every game wont work.

Interesting that gary signed coulson and collins both of whom are left sided players and defo left footed. With Swann and Ross Clarke we have plenty left sided players and Bobby Barr plays there also.

1 hour ago, NELLY said:

No full strength team for me. Hard game yes but now is the time for Gary to blood a couple of youngsters and give boys like Barr/Bucks a midweek off. Loads of more important games to come. For me start the following.

midfield of Robbie Buchanan with Kyle Hutton - swann on left or right with Coulson left or right

badly needing a centre midfielder to cover for loss of morrison just now. Hutton and miller playing 90 mins every game wont work.

Interesting that gary signed coulson and collins both of whom are left sided players and defo left footed. With Swann and Ross Clarke we have plenty left sided players and Bobby Barr plays there also.

If we treat this as a training game fine. Hope Morrison is back soon.

3 hours ago, NELLY said:

The way Gary spoke after the game on Saturday it seemed likely that he would rotate a bit tomorrow after a few guys took knocks.

2 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

I wouldn’t imagine he will be treating it as a training session far from it.

Obviously the league game on Saturday is the priority but it sounded like he would like a wee run in the cup.

2 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Why would it be treated as a training game by rotating maybe 3 or 4 players. One of whom scored on saturday and one or two others who need games to get their fitness up and prove they are worthy of a starting position e.g im thinking maybe swann or clarke to oust barr/thomson.

This game is important for the team to maintain momentum but as a squad you have to give some players games and see if they are up to it this is for me the ideal game. Its a tough away game against decent opposition. 

Players dont treat any game as a training game and neither will management however it could be a game to try something different in terms of the shape or tweak some free kicks/corner routines etc..

We will have a strong enough team even with 3-4 changes to win this game and maintain a positive result from Saturday.