COWDENBEATH 2021-22

Has played very little for us despite being a large forward, but was behind a loanee, Duku and Ugwu last year. Didn’t look anything special in the limited playing time last year, but has had a year of coaching, practice and observation at the Championship level to aid his development. His limited video highlights looked interesting, but because we were in a playoff push all season last year, the young lads got the short end of the stick.

Good deal for all concerned then. It’s games he needs to develop and it’s perfect for us to try someone else upfront. Thumbs up from me.

19 minutes ago, onecowden said:

Good deal for all concerned then. It’s games he needs to develop and it’s perfect for us to try someone else upfront. Thumbs up from me.

Here’s the original Raith announcement last year:

https://www.raithrovers.net/44816/luke-mahady.htm

And a little marketing video we found (warning, turn the audio down):

https://vimeo.com/392937596

Excellent win for the lads tonight, thought buchs was immense took his goal well great running and also surprisingly holds the ball up great, kyle hutton my motm such a composed player on the ball controlled the tempo when we had the ball, alloa majority possession but we limited their chances with good defending, big thanks goes to the lino for raising his flag at the end was hard to tell if anyone was offside but we’ll take it. Roll on Saturday.

15 hours ago, onecowden said:

I hope regular game time with a good experienced pro like Liam Buchanan will bring him on leaps and bounds. 

2 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Howler by the goalkeeper, but what a finish from Buchanan. 

In fairness it's good pressing from Renton which forced the mistake.  Just wanted the goal in the GIF.

Great result and team performance last night. 

Renton and bucks offering a good parternship already. Bucks still looks very fit for his age and will score goals and last nights finish was fantastic.

Hutton was a standout by a mile especially 2nd half his composure and willingness to get on the ball and make things happen was a treat to watch.

Thomson did well at centre back and Cammy Gill had another good game.

The shape of the team and performance was actually quite similar to the raith game but we created 3 chances really and took 1 and managed to keep a clean sheet. Squad is still light but with Craig Barr and Morrisson back hopefully soon ideally get another body in defensively. Jacob glass although on bench last night is going away soon to USA.

The young lad mahady is as raw as they come and reminds me of lewis coult in his stature and running style and general play from what I saw. His willingness to work his socks off pressing hard and working between centre halfs was great to see from a young kid he clearly has a good attitude. Looks fairly quick as well which is good. I wouldnt be adverse to another striker coming in but perhaps greedy and dont think we would go down that route and potentially a centre mid or centre half on loan is our next signing.

20 minutes ago, NELLY said:

Great result and team performance last night. 

Renton and bucks offering a good parternship already. Bucks still looks very fit for his age and will score goals and last nights finish was fantastic.

Hutton was a standout by a mile especially 2nd half his composure and willingness to get on the ball and make things happen was a treat to watch.

Thomson did well at centre back and Cammy Gill had another good game.

The shape of the team and performance was actually quite similar to the raith game but we created 3 chances really and took 1 and managed to keep a clean sheet. Squad is still light but with Craig Barr and Morrisson back hopefully soon ideally get another body in defensively. Jacob glass although on bench last night is going away soon to USA.

The young lad mahady is as raw as they come and reminds me of lewis coult in his stature and running style and general play from what I saw. His willingness to work his socks off pressing hard and working between centre halfs was great to see from a young kid he clearly has a good attitude. Looks fairly quick as well which is good. I wouldnt be adverse to another striker coming in but perhaps greedy and dont think we would go down that route and potentially a centre mid or centre half on loan is our next signing.

Thought Toddy was very good last night. Hope Craig Barr isn’t injured. Agree about Thomson, seems to have so much time. Mahady is raw but very fast, something we’ve been missing.

Coulson has looked impressive in his limited play, and I would not have been surprised if a League One team would have had a go at him, but he’ll likely get much more playing time with you…which will benefit both sides. Shown as a Mid, but more properly is a LW/AM. Enjoy.

50 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Win's a win. Did we not do this to Brechin last season? Blew a 2 goal lead before scoring a late winner? 

It is indeed. Looked good in attack but we gave the ball away way too often in bad positions today. God only knows what Todd was thinking when he gave away the penalty. He was mince today. Don't really understand Bollan's reluctance to put on any subs when it was clear as day that players were flagging in the heat. 

Edited by ronaldincoo

Buchanan looked good upfront, clever player and looks a great signing.

First time I have seen Hutton and he didn’t influence the game at all.

Bobby Barr ok first half then faded.

The goalie had a decent enough game. 

Of the old players, thought Todd had a very uncomfortable afternoon, the rest were ok. Robbie Buchanan had some good link play at times and had a decent game. 

Almost all of Brechin chances came from the left side of Cowden defence.

Probably did enough in the 90 to win the game.