COWDENBEATH 2021-22

7 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

A lot of them weren't comments though, they were abuse. Not sure if social media falls under the club's Unacceptable Conduct policy but some of those "comments" would have breached it. 

Fair doos.

Surly just delete the abusive comments unless there were too many of course. 

Still don't know what to make of the signing.  Looks a good player but his past is a lot of baggage the club don't need. 

13 minutes ago, Somey said:

Fair doos.

Surly just delete the abusive comments unless there were too many of course. 

Still don't know what to make of the signing.  Looks a good player but his past is a lot of baggage the club don't need.

The way I see it is the signing has been made now and whether we are happy or not, he improves the team. He might only be with the club for a season but if he helps to push the club forward then that can only be a positive thing for the future.

Dearie me. The Pollock equaliser was a cluster f**k between Mango & the new keeper.  I note that the friendlies are over and the cup games are now going to start. Does anybody know when any new signings are likely. Only 1 trialist listed on the bench for the Pollock game. Btw Pollock ground looks decent. 

13 hours ago, ronaldincoo said:

Dearie me. The Pollock equaliser was a cluster f**k between Mango & the new keeper.  I note that the friendlies are over and the cup games are now going to start. Does anybody know when any new signings are likely. Only 1 trialist listed on the bench for the Pollock game. Btw Pollock ground looks decent. 

Loved the aftermath of the  Pollock Goal with Mango mouthing " Oops Sorry " or something like it

Good run out for the lads Saturday. Its all about sharpness and fitness. Results come secondary (albeit you dont want to lose games)

I remember under someone could have even been liam fox our pre season was unbelievable beating decent teams and we all seen how that ended up. Pre season is not a reality of where results will lie. The squad is thin for sure and my understanding is 1 player will be joined and signed up before the weekend and its an attacking player who I believe would be a good signing for us.

In my opinion our squad is able to mount a strong push for 3rd or 4th but I reckon as it stands 5th or 6th is the reality. Its tight between a lot of teams in this division. 

We have a core group of experienced players now who have played a lot of games for this club or a lot of games in scottish football. This is a good thing. We now just need to add some legs/pace into the team. Who can flourish beside the experience of a liam buchanan/mango/kyle hutton.

btw kyle hutton was superb on Saturday.

young lad ross pollock looks ok and able deputy at full back or centre half. Ross Clarke got minutes and this is like a new signing for us..

Lets get behind the team. Please remember that first couple of games against Raith etc in the premier cup is almost like glorified friendlies. To win them would be great but shape/fitness and tactics is what these games will be about also.

What’s with the SPFL love in with Kelty ?

They throw the usual fixture rules out the  window and give them a home derby for their first spfl game.

Now, Raith, Dunfermline, East Fife and  Cowden are all placed in North section of Challenge Cup with a 3 day midweek camel ride for most fixtures while Kelty gets in the South section.

Did the SPFL have their map upside down ?

3 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

What’s with the SPFL love in with Kelty ?

They throw the usual fixture rules out the  window and give them a home derby for their first spfl game.

Now, Raith, Dunfermline, East Fife and  Cowden are all placed in North section of Challenge Cup with a 3 day midweek camel ride for most fixtures while Kelty gets in the South section.

Did the SPFL have their map upside down ?

If you look at the seeds it seems to be 3x L1, 5x L2, and the HL or LL champions in each north/south section. So L2 from last season gets split with Elgin, Stirling, Stenny, Cowdenbeath and Brechin as the 5 northernmost clubs. 

17 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

If you look at the seeds it seems to be 3x L1, 5x L2, and the HL or LL champions in each north/south section. So L2 from last season gets split with Elgin, Stirling, Stenny, Cowdenbeath and Brechin as the 5 northernmost clubs. 

Aye seems to be going on last seasons standings much like the League Cup.

I would prefer an all in with no seeding and no B teams don’t mind the non league sides.