COWDENBEATH 2021-22

33 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:

Oh aye, a couple were giving tiffoney it tight for his sex offence past recently.

Now it's time to put the past in the past emoji23.png

He literally says a couple is the point he is making.

Firstly let me state that what he did was horrendous I can remember sitting at an airport reading the papers when the news first broke.  However I'm personally a firm believer in giving people second chances if they show genuine remorse and work to improve themselves in the time after.  However I'm also not one of the fans who'd be shouting abuse at Goodwillie, Tiffoney or anybody else guilty of a crime.    

Thomson appears to have knuckled down and tried to improve himself. I had no issue with him playing for Edinburgh City so I think it's a bit cheeky of me to suddenly think it's a disgrace that we've signed him.  I'm maybe in the minority here though.

Edited by The Minertaur

Football fans are as fickle as they come. The early outcry will pass, Thomson will perform and not a word will be said in a few months.

He's the best right back in the league really so should be a a very good signing for the football club on the park.

6 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Football fans are as fickle as they come. The early outcry will pass, Thomson will perform and not a word will be said in a few months.

He's the best right back in the league really so should be a a very good signing for the football club on the park.

The outcry will pass because the people that strongly disagree with the signing will go off and do other things. Like many on this forum I have supported Cowden for decades ever since I was a little boy. I won't be back while he is there. 

Seems the majority are fine with the signing and the club will get on just fine without me, my family and friends. Just a shame.

43 minutes ago, HenryHill said:

The outcry will pass because the people that strongly disagree with the signing will go off and do other things. Like many on this forum I have supported Cowden for decades ever since I was a little boy. I won't be back while he is there. 

Seems the majority are fine with the signing and the club will get on just fine without me, my family and friends. Just a shame.

Maybe put your feelings and concerns in writing to the club? See what the response is?

Everyone is agreeing with you regarding the severity of what he did. It’s just a difference of opinions over whether there should be some slack cut for the lad due to the time that has elapsed since, and the way he has conducted himself since.

2 hours ago, big al said:

Maybe put your feelings and concerns in writing to the club? See what the response is?

Everyone is agreeing with you regarding the severity of what he did. It’s just a difference of opinions over whether there should be some slack cut for the lad due to the time that has elapsed since, and the way he has conducted himself since.

The club when making the decision will have known some would be angered by it and some would be annoyed enough to stop attending matches.

They weighed up the pros and cons and decided to go ahead, knowing what it would mean. They aren't going unsign him now. 

I have no intention of bringing my children along to cheer on a convicted sex offender. You lot have fun doing it...

44 minutes ago, HenryHill said:

The club when making the decision will have known some would be angered by it and some would be annoyed enough to stop attending matches.

They weighed up the pros and cons and decided to go ahead, knowing what it would mean. They aren't going unsign him now. 

I have no intention of bringing my children along to cheer on a convicted sex offender. You lot have fun doing it...

Totally respect what you are saying.

Don't think there is a right answer to this.

Wondering if Kelty or Edinburgh City lost many fans due to his signing?

17 minutes ago, big al said:

Thinks it's difficult to guage. Will definitely have an impact but majority will probably keep going. Not sure how it would affect getting new fans though. It can't help.

10 hours ago, big al said:

It was hotly debated at Kelty. The initial reaction wasn't great but that subsided after a few months. He was an absolute standout in the season he spent with us as you'd expect. It's a tough one as the crime was horrible but he's paid his dues at the same time. If I am honest I'd hoped we'd re-sign him for what he adds on the pitch. Be prepared for some heavy abuse from away fans.

18 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

It was hotly debated at Kelty. The initial reaction wasn't great but that subsided after a few months. He was an absolute standout in the season he spent with us as you'd expect. It's a tough one as the crime was horrible but he's paid his dues at the same time. If I am honest I'd hoped we'd re-sign him for what he adds on the pitch. Be prepared for some heavy abuse from away fans.

Should be ok at the Kelty and Edinburgh city games though 😜

2 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Be prepared for some heavy abuse from away fans.

Apart from the arsehole Clyde fans,  quite a few of you Cowdenbeath boys were probably the most vocal against Thommo in his time with City!

So I found it surprising, and really a bit amusing that he's now signed for your team.

The thing is, he's a very good player so if your main interest is seeing your team do well then he's a good signing for you.

That might still not be good enough for some people though.

13 hours ago, big al said:

One or two City fans didn't come back although I suspected one always preferred golf to football and the other changed his mind and did come back.

As Tenkay said it was you Cowden fans, rightly or wrongly, gave Tommo the most stick (outside the Clyde tossers) during matches which makes me wonder why he would want to join Cowden. As we won't be shouting anything and you Blue Brazilians are passionate about your team I hope for a better atmosphere at Cowden v City games than before. I actually quite like trips to the much maligned Central Park 

Anyway one thing I will say is Thomson is a good crosser of a ball and if you can get him to direct them on to Kris Fenton's head it'll be worth a few goals. And I wouldn't want to be a striker facing a defence of Thomson and Mullen, both of whom like to win a ball.

ETA quite like the way autotext has changed "Renton" to "Fenton". Renton, Renton, oh Jesus Christ, Renton!

Edited by tamthebam
Bloody predictive text

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

One or two City fans didn't come back although I suspected one always preferred golf to football and the other changed his mind and did come back.

As Tenkay said it was you Cowden fans, rightly or wrongly, gave Tommo the most stick (outside the Clyde tossers) during matches which makes me wonder why he would want to join Cowden. As we won't be shouting anything and you Blue Brazilians are passionate about your team I hope for a better atmosphere at Cowden v City games than before. I actually quite like trips to the much maligned Central Park 

Anyway one thing I will say is Thomson is a good crosser of a ball and if you can get him to direct them on to Kris Fenton's head it'll be worth a few goals. And I wouldn't want to be a striker facing a defence of Thomson and Mullen, both of whom like to win a ball.

ETA quite like the way autotext has changed "Renton" to "Fenton". Renton, Renton, oh Jesus Christ, Renton!

Fentonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

11 hours ago, Tenkay said:

Apart from the arsehole Clyde fans,  quite a few of you Cowdenbeath boys were probably the most vocal against Thommo in his time with City!

So I found it surprising, and really a bit amusing that he's now signed for your team.

The thing is, he's a very good player so if your main interest is seeing your team do well then he's a good signing for you.

That might still not be good enough for some people though.

clyde supporters passing judgement on sex offenders:lol: