COWDENBEATH 2021-22

49 minutes ago, signalmen said:

Got to give  Thomson a chance ,we have all did stupid in the past some of us never been caught !!!! Other fans from other teams will give him a hard time , AS fans do  but he is in our family now an every family got a black sheep !!! let him prove himself on the park and lets support him!!!!!!!

Not sure I've ever done something that stupid though.  Worst I can think of is eating some Millions straight from the Pick n Mix in Moffat.

Edited by The Minertaur

27 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Not sure I've ever done something that stupid though.  Worst I can think of is eating some Millions straight from the Pick n Mix in Moffat.

aaaahhhhhh You should be banned from central park for life !!!!! or worse banished to Kelty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could debate it all day.

Bottom line is you either go with the clubs judgement, or don’t.

The chairman is usually pretty good with these type of calls, (David Robertson etc.), and the board must have decided the boy has done his punishment and in a way will always be punished by it.

People deserve another chance, unless they don’t learn and re offend, then they are a lost cause. Thomson seems to be the former.

Edited by big al

1 hour ago, signalmen said:

Got to give  Thomson a chance ,we have all did stupid in the past some of us never been caught !!!! Other fans from other teams will give him a hard time , AS fans do  but he is in our family now an every family got a black sheep !!! let him prove himself on the park and lets support him!!!!!!!

I don’t know about you but I certainly didn’t try to groom 12 year old girls online, show them picture of male genitalia and try to meet up with them. 

Always think in these type scenarios, if the player gives an interview and shows genuine remorse, and allows fans to understand what he is like now as a person compared to when he was a teenager, that it would help smooth over the situation.

I think the best option is to keep the head down play hard and ignore all negativity that will come his way (and has come his way for years)

Im actually confused as to where the lad will play as he is a right back?? says can play left and midfield which is good to have players like this however his natural position is right back where mullen plays.

Looking at squad. Defo a centre half and striker to come + goalkeeper.

an attacking midfield/winger which I believe could be coming soon......

The club and more particularly Donald Findlay would have weighed up the factors involved in signing a person found guilty of sex offences in the past. On one hand he is obviously a good player and will strengthen the squad and on the other, it’s a PR problem for a  community club and will alienate some supporters, possibly for good. 
I do believe in rehabilitation of offenders but as a Dad of. 12 year old girl, this hits a raw nerve with me. He has now been removed from the sex offenders register and will have been monitored to some extent, so hopefully he has changed and learned from what he did. 
I will feel uncomfortable watching him play in a Cowden strip personally but that’s  down to my own sensitivities. Others will make their own judgements. 

1 minute ago, Somey said:

I wonder how the parents of these girls feel that a football club has signed Craig Thomson. 

If this is his 5th club, they have had plenty time to have hopefully moved on from it and get on with their lives.

I have a 13 year old daughter myself and can only imagine how I would have reacted, but the boy has to work and have interests in his life. 

Head a wee bit burst with this one.  Had long discussions with 3 other fans late last night and still don't know what to think.  As a player he's definitely a top player, especially at this level.  Yes he was very young when he done these horrible crimes.  He's lost out on potential top career with Hearts if not kicking on further.  But still think a murder would get a better reception.  The club must have thought long and hard about this.  He's always played well against us, so if we didn't sign him another rival would.  Is this the fact the club have taken?  Everyone bound to know there will be a reaction.  Brave move.

Decent read this 

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/14148314.spiers-sport-time-rehabilitate-shamed-craig-thomson-scottish-football/         

1 hour ago, NELLY said:

I think the best option is to keep the head down play hard and ignore all negativity that will come his way (and has come his way for years)

Im actually confused as to where the lad will play as he is a right back?? says can play left and midfield which is good to have players like this however his natural position is right back where mullen plays.

Looking at squad. Defo a centre half and striker to come + goalkeeper.

an attacking midfield/winger which I believe could be coming soon......

Could see him wide midfield with morrison and Hutton in the middle and a new player 😁(maybe) on the other side.

mullen Swann and the 2 centre half’s at the back.

buchanan and a new striker up front and you have a decent team

The hypocrisy of some of the Cowden support on here really makes me giggle. It is funny how your view alters when said player plays for or against you.
Btw good signing!
Oh aye, a couple were giving tiffoney it tight for his sex offence past recently.

Now it's time to put the past in the past [emoji23]

Oh aye, a couple were giving tiffoney it tight for his sex offence past recently.

Now it's time to put the past in the past [emoji23]

Not everyone was giving it tight to Tiffoney. Not everyone is happy with the signing. You can’t generalise when there are different opinions.

Not buying what?[emoji23]

You read what you wanted and rolled with it absolutely seething.

Chill fella.

The people who are saying they’re ok with the signing might not be the ones giving it tight to Tiffoney or Thomson. The people who are not ok with the signing might have been the ones giving it tight to Tiffoney & Thomson. I’m not seething just devastated for you that I had to spell it out.

The people who are saying they’re ok with the signing might not be the ones giving it tight to Tiffoney or Thomson. The people who are not ok with the signing might have been the ones giving it tight to Tiffoney & Thomson. I’m not seething just devastated for you that I had to spell it out.
Christ