COWDENBEATH 2021-22

15 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

I liked our Umbro kits the last time.

They have four nice options just now, not sure about the others though. Hopefully it will be one from the Club, Tempest, Spartan or Nazca shirts. I would try to add photos, but I am too busy (that's my excuse anyway).

5 hours ago, PELE said:

They have four nice options just now, not sure about the others though. Hopefully it will be one from the Club, Tempest, Spartan or Nazca shirts. I would try to add photos, but I am too busy (that's my excuse anyway).

NAZCA SHORT SLEEVED JERSEY

Nazca

Thomson a brilliant signing quality operator in this league. Thomson is a signing that should pull the club forward away from any play off. League 2 will look a lot different in the next 5 to 8 years with the likes of Bonnyrigg east Kilbride and it won't be too long until the likes o Auchinleck are in the lowland aswell. Yes Thomson has a past but he seems to have knuckled down and got on with his life

Fair bit of time has elapsed now since Thomson’s issues. Has he been removed from the offenders list now?

He’s obviously played for Kelty and Edinburgh so why not Cowden? Time to leave the past where it is, move on and let the boy play football. 

Edited by big al

So the current team:

GK - Cammy Gill (signed from Dunfermline)

DF - Ross Clarke, Fraser Mullen, Craig Barr, Jamie Todd, Ross Pollock, Lennon Watson, Craig Thomson (Edinburgh City)

MF - Robbie Buchanan, Kyle Miller, Gavin Morrison, Harvey Swann, Kyle Hutton

FW - Liam Buchanan (Alloa), Kris Renton

Left - Michael Herd (Spartans), Iain Russell (retired), Jamie Pyper, Mac Whyte, Jay Sandison, Jacob Glass, Lewis Owens, Ryan Finnie, Graham Taylor (Berwick)

He came off the offenders list in 2016. The facts are he done his crimes when he was 17 or 18 - got 5 or 6 years im sure on offenders list + fine. He has not been charged or been prosecuted of any similar crime since thus you have to feel rehabilitation has happened.

My personal view point is the signing makes me uncomfortable. I cant be a hypocrite I said back when City and Kelty signed him it was a wrong move for any local community club. Our fanbase is so small that any signing that can be percieved as negative thus alienating particular fans to say they wont purchase tickets/attend games or buy merchandise is a real blow to the club.

This club needs all the fans and money it can get thus a signing like this aint gonna go down well thats a fact.

The lad is a very very good player and its a good signing. The club has clearly backed the manager however will have to accept that some backlash will always be expected.

Overall part of me says like big al time to move on and people change however as a parent it makes me uncomfortable and a complete hypocrite to support the signing.

5 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

So the current team:

GK - Cammy Gill (signed from Dunfermline)

DF - Ross Clarke, Fraser Mullen, Craig Barr, Jamie Todd, Ross Pollock, Lennon Watson, Craig Thomson (Edinburgh City)

MF - Robbie Buchanan, Kyle Miller, Gavin Morrison, Harvey Swann, Kyle Hutton

FW - Liam Buchanan (Alloa), Kris Renton

Left - Michael Herd (Spartans), Iain Russell (retired), Jamie Pyper, Mac Whyte, Jay Sandison, Jacob Glass, Lewis Owens, Ryan Finnie, Graham Taylor (Berwick)

Think you're a bit overloaded with players who play on the left.

Got to give  Thomson a chance ,we have all did stupid in the past some of us never been caught !!!! Other fans from other teams will give him a hard time , AS fans do  but he is in our family now an every family got a black sheep !!! let him prove himself on the park and lets support him!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, big al said:

Fair bit of time has elapsed now since Thomson’s issues. Has he been removed from the offenders list now?

He’s obviously played for Kelty and Edinburgh so why not Cowden? Time to leave the past where it is, move on and let the boy play football. 

We’re the 5th side he’s been at Since he left Hearts - Arniston, Newtongrange, Kelty and Edinburgh being the others.