League Cup 21/22 Group G

3 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Not just by searching for their club (which would take seconds), but to also search for the name of any recent signings

Think it was Dundonald in one of their early EOS cup matches who supposedly did just that but the player's name was spelled wrong - player ID number surely the best method!

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

Or......

"exceptional circumstances" meaning it was ok for Hill o Beath Hawthorn to field an ineligible player in the Scottish Cup last season. :shutup

Still not over that one? :lol: Exceptional circumstances being the fact that the suspensions list didn't include said player and there was confusion from the SFA as a competition from last season was involved...

4 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Or......

"exceptional circumstances" meaning it was ok for Hill o Beath Hawthorn to field an ineligible player in the Scottish Cup last season. :shutup

Newky, do you remember a certain rival club of Welfare and City getting through Scottish Cup rounds on more than one occasion when they protested opponents playing ineligible players...

...until they did it themselves one year! Hilarity ensued.

On 15/07/2021 at 16:00, craigkillie said:

I think it's the correct decision, but it sheds even more doubt on the dodgy Hearts one from three years ago.

While there absolutely should be a consistent punishment for these things, and I don't think a suspended player should be treated differently from an incorrectly registered one, it was painfully apparent that they were being lenient on Hearts to stop their last game being a dead rubber as it already been selected for TV.

https://m.clydefc.co.uk/news/2021/07/16/6851/

Why not visit Broadwood, watch a mediocre football game, and get vaccinated? You can’t get a pie or a drink but you can get your second COVID vaccination instead!

It’s a relatively good idea, I suppose. There’ll be a number of young people there who haven’t had their second dose and if it helps gets more jabs in arms quickly then why not? I wonder what the uptake will be? I’d also possibly assume that people will have to wait their 8 weeks between doses etc but possibly not.

27 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

https://m.clydefc.co.uk/news/2021/07/16/6851/

Why not visit Broadwood, watch a mediocre football game, and get vaccinated? You can’t get a pie or a drink but you can get your second COVID vaccination instead!

It’s a relatively good idea, I suppose. There’ll be a number of young people there who haven’t had their second dose and if it helps gets more jabs in arms quickly then why not? I wonder what the uptake will be? I’d also possibly assume that people will have to wait their 8 weeks between doses etc but possibly not.

I’m 28 and got my second jag date pencilled in 8 weeks and two days since my first, so I wouldn’t automatically assume there’s some sort of “space” issue. Still, as you say, more vaccines, the merrier. Slightly baffled why Clyde are advertising it though, as those who are awaiting the second jag should be hearing very shortly from NHS Scotland. 

Safe to say we'll need to play much better tomorrow (and we have absolutely no chance starting the same back four) but what an incentive if we can win. Even a penalty shoot-out win would leave us in a decent position to qualify.

14 hours ago, David W said:

Safe to say we'll need to play much better tomorrow (and we have absolutely no chance starting the same back four) but what an incentive if we can win. Even a penalty shoot-out win would leave us in a decent position to qualify.

Goodwillie benched and Docherty starts. A lolfest all round!

I notice that Stranraer had a sub on the bench on Tuesday and now today too. What’s the script there then?
Have you just teleported in from the 1960s? Had subs for ages mate.

Noticed the same too, I'm sure you're not allowed trialists surely won't be another f**k up? [emoji23]

3 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Have you just teleported in from the 1960s? Had subs for ages mate.

Noticed the same too, I'm sure you're not allowed trialists surely won't be another f**k up? emoji23.png

Thanks Jack amended now!