League Cup 21/22 Group G

7 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Not if Stranraer beat Killie.

Or if Killie and Stranraer draw, Stranraer win the shootout and you fail to win by 3 or more goals.

Or if Killie beat Stranraer by 3 goals or more and you only win by one goal.

Other than that, spot on.

I think Stranraer can top the group with a shitfest draw (even if they lose the shootout) and we beat Clyde.

Edited by AyrshireTon
Edited to remove incorrect pish.

2 hours ago, DGW9 said:

No away fans for the game at Morton on Saturday? do you use the pixellot system?

No away fans. We've been restricted to a 1,500 capacity so I suppose they're thinking home fans will take them all up. I'm not so sure now given its a dead rubber for us.

We don't use Pixellot for our streams but it is installed. You can purchase a stream the game at https://tv.gmfc.net/.

On 20/07/2021 at 22:07, NFL12 said:

Hard lines Morton. Why are some people tipping you to be bottom of the league table. I thought you defended well and certainly looked dangerous when attacking. Of course I never watched you last season though.

We're relying on players up front to step up to the plate with regular goals for the first time in their careers at this level: we won't get good strikes from regens on a weekly basis. If we can't get a decent goalscorer then we'll be competitive but ultimately toothless just like we were throughout McPherson's tenure last season.  I don't have too many concerns defensively with our starting eleven and McPherson's organisational skills, though we need to add squad depth to withstand a few injuries or suspensions at the back.

I can see McPherson rotating what options he's got for Saturday and Clyde have a pretty good chance of winning. 

Just heard on the stream there that he’s been taken away in an ambulance. The stream cut to the commentary team once the whistle had gone so I had no idea how long he was down for. I hope it’s only precautionary. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

1 hour ago, David W said:

I am pretty sure Morton (or their local council) could have found space for a couple of hundred Clyde fans.

There were 1600 tickets so if the game wasn't a dead rubber I don't think that they could. After Tuesday night's results there would have been room for Clyde fans but I wouldn't trust GMFC to handle the logistics of switching home to away tickets around at short notice. They haven't even got season tickets all sorted before next Saturday.

It's undoubtedly shite for away fans who are going to get shafted by a lot of clubs 'cos Covid' this season, but I don't see what alternative arrangements could have been made given the couple of days' notice and our incompetent club management. 

Edited by vikingTON

Rotten stuff from us. The manner of the defeat was predictable. Morton's physicality was too much for our mid-table league two defence and, particularly as the second half wore on, Morton's superior fitness told as they zipped it through our midfield without much strain.

I think Ton will have a good season. Particularly if they add a few more players. A midfielder with a bit of guile and possibly a more selfish centre forward to keep the goals coming. Maybe another left back too. It's already a big side Gus has built. That's never a bad thing. And signings like Ugwu and Lithgow strike me as very good ones. Lithgow, if he sheds a few pounds, will be a good strong defender for you I expect. And Ugwu can give you an outball to mix it up with. Both players have decent records at this level of course. Bit miffed as to why Raith let Ugwu away.

We controlled the game and again the defence and goalkeeper were excellent. Lithgow has strolled every single game he's played so far. Just hope McLean is alright as it looked a nasty one and both sets of players were concerned right away.

Thought our central midfield looked disjointed and they had no idea where each other was when one of them had the ball. Countless times there was no midfielder within 10 yards of the ball when we had it out wide. When the fullbacks had the ball as well we had four or five players playing on the shoulder of the defence instead of the midfielders coming looking for the ball, but that might have been a tactic that didn't really work.

Ugwu looks a handful although I think he's better when we play the ball in to him rather than make him chase it down the line. Muirhead scored two goals and I thought had one of his better games for us in terms of all around play. Do think that they're too similar to be an effective partnership at championship level though.

Once again I thought it was the youngsters who are the one ones in the squad willing to get the ball down and try and play some football. They're a credit to themselves and hopefully we see them kick on this season.

Thought Clyde were never really in it apart from a couple of wee 5 min spells here and there but what a strike to take the lead. Shame for poor Ally that instead of basking in a career high he decided to run to the cowshed and salute us to absolute abject silence in return when he was clearly expecting boos before getting absolutely flattened and staying down as we run up the park and equalise. To compound matters for Broadwood Beckham he then took absolute pelters, couldn't put a foot in front of the other from that point forward and moved inside to get away from the cowshed.

Ahhh it's good to be back at the football.

Was great to be back in the Cowshed again!

As mentioned we controlled the game from start to finish. Clyde score a beaut I have to say, well done Love.

Defence still looking strong, hope big McLean is alright after that knock. 

Keeper again impresses me. Can't remember the last time I seen a keeper come and collect crosses - best since Murray McDermot.

You can see where our issues are in the squad. We require a creative midfielder 2 wide players and another striker as a minimum

Big Robbie scores two today, so hopefully this is a better season from him  and he justifies his new contract - I think he will!. 

Edited by Colkitto