League Cup 21/22 Group G

Have you just teleported in from the 1960s? Had subs for ages mate.

Noticed the same too, I'm sure you're not allowed trialists surely won't be another f**k up? [emoji23]

Someone had listed a trialist on their social media page in this last season (I think it was Albion Rovers), but they'd actually signed the guy on a short contract.

We played well enough second half but unless we get another right in at least and start Livingstone, we are going to lose goals all over the place. We were lucky we weren’t 5 or 6 down at the break. 

Jones, about 9 foot tall, thought his best position to be was on the touch line first half which offered absolutely nothing. I’d rather have Cuddihy right back instead of Mortimer as well.

Even having Euan Otoo back would be ideal, instead “the best interest’s in Scottish football” dictates that he’s better getting scudded off Bonnyrigg Rose in the Lowland League every week when he’s already shown he’s more than capable at League 1 level. Fucking idiots.

I went to both Clyde vs Stranraer and Clyde vs Killie, as I live close to broadwood.

Gomis was like two different players, comparing between each game. Had a much more composed game against Killie. 

Left back had a nightmare first half against a very experienced Burke, but the half-time change worked wonders.

lucky not to concede against Stranraer and lucky not to concede more against Killie, but it was a decent second half performance. Ally Love was dangerous.

Good first half, poor second half. I think after the McKenzie chance we didn't look like adding to our two and when a team takes their foot off the gas it's very hard for them to get back on it again. Despite our two goals we seem to lack penetration, I worry that Cameron isn't going to be good enough for us but I'd love to be proved wrong. We seem to need a midfield playmaker and a capable striker who can play up front alone or play off Cameron. Anyway, a win's a win, we're off the mark (again) and I'm looking forward to being back at RP on Tuesday. 

49 minutes ago, mathematics said:

I went to both Clyde vs Stranraer and Clyde vs Killie, as I live close to broadwood.

Gomis was like two different players, comparing between each game. Had a much more composed game against Killie. 

Left back had a nightmare first half against a very experienced Burke, but the half-time change worked wonders.

lucky not to concede against Stranraer and lucky not to concede more against Killie, but it was a decent second half performance. Ally Love was dangerous.

I thought Gomis was quite slack in both games to be honest. 

Said on our own thread but a combination of Mitchell making 3 or 4 brilliant saves and Killie not maintaining their tempo that saw them race into a 2-0 lead really prevented a cricket score yesterday. Was fearing the absolute worst after 20 mins. Done well to claw our way back into the game but we barely had a sniff after scoring. 

As you say Burke was tearing Docherty to shreds and I thought McGinn for Killie was good aswell in the middle of the park. 

Edited by C. Muir

This Group is wide open but there seems to be total lack of interest by the fans. Certainly from a Morton pov a lack of signings and a wall of silence coming out of Cappielow means fan engagement is non existent I just hope we can put put out a decent enough team tonight to avoid a thrashing.

27 minutes ago, JustOneCornetto said:

This Group is wide open but there seems to be total lack of interest by the fans. Certainly from a Morton pov a lack of signings and a wall of silence coming out of Cappielow means fan engagement is non existent I just hope we can put put out a decent enough team tonight to avoid a thrashing.

Killie fans still trying to navigate the Championship thread.

33 minutes ago, JustOneCornetto said:

Certainly for us discussions about our games have just been on our own thread more than in here. 

Looking forward to tonight, suns out, first away game since before the pandemic and should be a decent game with both sides still having a chance to progress. 

ETA do you know the crowd situation for Cappielow on Saturday yet?

Edited by C. Muir

Certainly for us discussions about our games have just been on our own thread more than in here. 
Looking forward to tonight, suns out, first away game since before the pandemic and should be a decent game with both sides still having a chance to progress. 
That is one of the many frustrating things just now in fact you wouldn't even know we have a game this Saturday never mind if any fans will be allowed in at Cappielow.

2 hours ago, C. Muir said:

Pretty sure it's home fans only.