League Cup 21/22 Group G

It wasn't exactly a great watch from either side, but given the events of the last few days, I'll take that.

Glad we have a bye week this Saturday, hopefully gives us a chance to get players back, and hopefully get one or 2 more bodies in to beef out the squad.

Thought all the boys who started didn’t look out of place.

Garrity was good in the first half, but faded (into Stevenson’s back pocket, I’m afraid).

McGregor down the other side came onto a game in the second half (and looks like he could run all day).

Good to know there’s some ability on the fringes of the squad… but can we get another couple of starters in before the Killie game, at least one in the forward positions.

No problem with Oliver and Ugwu in the squad; but would be very concerned if they’re both starting most weeks.

Lethargic performance from us tonight, just about getting over the line with the 1-0 victory but if Stranraer had a better striker they would've won that game by a couple. Energetic showing from them with some neat and tidy play through our midfield although partly down to our aforementioned lethargy. Will rightly feel hard done by that they came away with nothing likewise with Gomis escaping a clear second yellow card.

Not really sure what to expect from Killie on Saturday as they've practically a whole new squad but we'll definitely need to be better than tonight.

The banter group of the League Cup continues to deliver. Seems a harsh verdict, but also amusing so I'm okay with it.

EK contriving to win the group should result in the four other teams calling it a day and folding. 

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I think it's the correct decision, but it sheds even more doubt on the dodgy Hearts one from three years ago.

Cove gained nothing when Hearts put on a ringer as sub.  I wonder what they will claim is the difference in this case?

The banter group of the League Cup continues to deliver. Seems a harsh verdict, but also amusing so I'm okay with it.
EK contriving to win the group should result in the four other teams calling it a day and folding. 
Not as harsh as Clyde being docked 4 points for an admin error

Loved these quotes:

“We reiterate our apology to our fans, who have supported us magnificently, as well as East Kilbride and the footballing authorities for this inadvertent breach.”

"While processes are already in place to try and prevent something of this nature occurring, clearly mistakes can and have occurred in this case. After quickly investigating the circumstances, we have immediately added an additional step to our internal procedures to ensure this cannot happen again."

I’m just baffled at what was in place that could possibly require an additional step to be added? Were they just asking recent signings “You aren’t suspended, are you?” until now?

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Loved these quotes:

“We reiterate our apology to our fans, who have supported us magnificently, as well as East Kilbride and the footballing authorities for this inadvertent breach.”

"While processes are already in place to try and prevent something of this nature occurring, clearly mistakes can and have occurred in this case. After quickly investigating the circumstances, we have immediately added an additional step to our internal procedures to ensure this cannot happen again."

I’m just baffled at what was in place that could possibly require an additional step to be added? Were they just asking recent signings “You aren’t suspended, are you?” until now?

Possible check to see if newly signed players are under the suspension list with their old club? I think the issue was the team only looked at the old form which had Armstrong still listed as a Raith Rovers Player and therefore they ignored it.

I would have assumed it would have been common knowledge that you would check to see if your new signings are suspended for any reason, especially if they can from another club within the same country.

39 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Possible check to see if newly signed players are under the suspension list with their old club? I think the issue was the team only looked at the old form which had Armstrong still listed as a Raith Rovers Player and therefore they ignored it.

I would have assumed it would have been common knowledge that you would check to see if your new signings are suspended for any reason, especially if they can from another club within the same country.

Exactly, how could you possibly NOT be already checking that? It’s not as if acquiring a player who has played somewhere else is something new to Killie. It’s just baffling that they actually said they “added an additional step”. I presume it’s having a second person check or such, but…

Every club should really have 2 people who check the latest suspensions list before each upcoming game. Not just by searching for their club (which would take seconds), but to also search for the name of any recent signings, and ideally to also skim the section for the competition in question. Then compare their findings. Normally of course they'll match and be routine.

I know some clubs keep their own records of each players bans as they accrue and add those of new signings (plus what cups they've played in i.e. to identify being cup-tied). Also helps highlight any discrepancies at SFA's end e.g. expect a ban but not shown.

Never rely on a player to know, say, or say accurately.

However ultimately no system can be fool-proof. Human error, an unexpected disruption, a quirky circumstances can all coincide.

Edited by HibeeJibee

2 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Every club should really have 2 people who check the latest suspensions list before each upcoming game. Not just by searching for their club (which would take seconds), but to also search for the name of any recent signings, and ideally to also skim the section for the competition in question. Then compare their findings. Normally of course they'll match and be routine.

I know some clubs keep their own records of each players bans as they accrue and add those of new signings (plus what cups they've played in i.e. to identify being cup-tied). Also helps highlight any discrepancies at SFA's end e.g. expect a ban but not shown.

Never rely on a player to know, say, or say accurately.

However ultimately no system can be fool-proof. Human error, an unexpected disruption, a quirky circumstances can all coincide.

True enough, but a check of the suspensions list shows this “PLEASE CHECK ALL SECTIONS OF THE LIST. IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU CONTACT DISCIPLINARY AND JUDICIAL SERVICES IF YOU HAVE REGISTERED A NEW PLYER FOR YOUR CLUB.

So, Issue 48, 24 June 2021, scroll down to “Scottish League Cup (Betfred Cup)” and find “14/11/2020 137330 Daniel Armstrong (Raith Rovers F.C.) 1 Match”…took me more time to type this than find it. It’s just a very poor reflection on Killie’s organization.

4 hours ago, Nightmare said:

3 hours ago, bullyweehutch said:
3 hours ago, virginton said:

Not as harsh as Clyde being docked 4 points for an admin error

Or......

"exceptional circumstances" meaning it was ok for Hill o Beath Hawthorn to field an ineligible player in the Scottish Cup last season. :shutup