League Cup - Group C

Nvm what I said about Waddell in the Dundee chat, he's a dirty b*****d who should've been sent off.

That's us practically already through. Looking forward to seeing my first game in person on Saturday since January last year.

Decent enough from Montrose but we just have no outlet upfront presently. Hopefully the manager has a couple of names to bring in soon.

Dundee passed the ball well and both Jakubiak and Ashcroft clattered the bar in the first half. A wordly save from Fleming in goal, low down to his right from close range, after about an hour, had us thinking maybe an unjust win on penalties might just be on the cards. Unfortunately Dundee's penalty (merited as far as could be seen from seventy yards away) and a swift second sank the tie completely. No one could complain about the result.

A couple of things; Montrose showed great team spirit and appetiite for the game and defended very well for large parts whilst riding the luck when it mattered. Once again we were well organised and difficult to break down which was pleasing to see against a good team. Jakubiak diving in the box not once but twice in the first ten-fifteen minutes looking for a penalty against a League One team was pretty criiinge- have a word with yourself son. Not even the rotten match officials were buying that pantomine dame-ry. Steeves at left back and Masson in the middle of the park put in very good shifts.

A tough season in an even more cut-throat League One lies ahead and if we can get the striker siutation sorted we'll be fine I think. Hard to see what Dundee would have taken from this beyond the points and minutes in the legs, but they were well drilled, pretty fit, and passed the ball about very well indeed. Just lacking a final ball tonight, and not sure how that front pairing will fare against full time Premier League defences.

It was also great to be back watching a football match in front of a big and good natured crowd, and to see folk I haven't seen since the pandemic started. In that context the game was always going to be background noise, really.

Onwards & upwards.