League Cup - Group C

9 minutes ago, mr_malcolm said:

Ah is it not top 2 then ?

No, just the first placed teams plus the three best runners-up. 

It used to be four runners-up, before Scotland got an extra European place. Three now makes it even less likely 8 points will be enough - and even a team on 9 might be unlucky enough to miss the cut on goal difference. 

Guest mr_malcolm
No, just the first placed teams plus the three best runners-up. 
It used to be four runners-up, before Scotland got an extra European place. Three now makes it even less likely 8 points will be enough - and even a team on 9 might be unlucky enough to miss the cut on goal difference. 

In that case , diddy cup

3 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Except without the racism, I'm sure.

It was likely someone from out of town, probably Hillside or Rossie Island that missed the pen. 

Time to let down some random teuchter's bike tyre for sure!

Edited by Brummo
if / of

7 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Forfar need to beat Brora and then take something off us. Personally I hope that doesn't happen tbh.

You forgetting Ross County & Montrose or just giving yourself a win?  You could quiet easy cut each others throats.

6 hours ago, Brummo said:

It was likely someone from out of town, probably Hillside or Rossie Island that missed the pen. 

Time to let down some random teuchter's bike tyre for sure!

Think it was Paul Watson whose penalty was saved last, doubt I’d bother picking a fight with him!

15 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

You forgetting Ross County & Montrose or just giving yourself a win?  You could quiet easy cut each others throats.

Eh? I'm just talking about what Forfar needs to qualify. They're on 5 points now, a win against Brora and they're on 8. 9 points should be enough for a team to go through, so your lot getting anything against us puts them at 9 points minimum.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Dundee have been awarded a 3-0 victory for Sunday’s scheduled Premier Sports Cup tie against Ross County The Highland side have informed the SPFL that they do not have sufficient players available to fulfil the fixture. We would like to wish the Ross County players and staff a speedy recovery.

If Forfar beat Brora tomorrow and Dundee beat Montrose next midweek, a draw between Dundee and Forfar a week tomorrow would probably be enough to send both through. Forfar winning the bonus point would pretty much guarantee it, putting both teams on 10 points each. 

Screenshot_20210721-131639.thumb.png.cf340c361d8a1e73f8ddc03709e055e4.png

Have to say I was impressed by James McPake on RS Sportsound yesterday. Whoever was interviewing him suggested all Dundee had to do was turn up to get points from Montrose and Forfar. It may have simply been professional politeness but he certainly showed some respect for Montrose FC ahead of Tuesday night's game. 

I am used to clown school "journalists" having little knowledge or respect for part-time teams. Anyone with even a shred of journalistic ability would be able to differentiate between a well run and managed part-time club and a pub team, but the evidence of this in the Scottish media is sadly lacking.

For a classic example of this check out East Fife's scores last night.

Edited by Brummo
Adding screenshot