League Cup - Group C

4 hours ago, kristov said:

I think I'm right in saying that any win v Forfar in 90 minutes guarantees seeding in the last 16.

I think it would be much better we played out a 0-0 and let the gods decide with a "lottery" :whistle

It is a measure of how far the Mo have come in recent seasons that I was disappointed with the half of the game I watched last night. Montrose seemed to start off strongly with a lot of good passing play but as usual were pretty toothless in the final quarter of the park. Obviously they are not yet up to speed and I was frustrated by the number of inaccurate long balls that were played. Dundee are a good team and as the half progressed established their dominance in the midfield and looked threatening up front. Fleming and the defence did well on a number of occasions. 

At 2.30 am local time, and with less than a week left till we pack up and leave, I made the sensible decision to accept the label of being a part-time supporter, if it meant not having to spend the following day as a zombie even if that didn't involve eating human flesh.

I don't know how the second half panned out other than the score. The important thing is that this was a decent run out against a higher league team. 

Can't comment too much on Dundee other than that they looked good for this early on.

Edited by Brummo
Correcting a mistake

Can really sense the rush of excitement of the Ross County vs Montrose "dead rubber". Bit of a dilemma though with them scheduling it at the same time as the TV coverage of the mixed watching paint dry heats from the Tokyo Olympics.

Overall we have dominated all our games. The thing I look back on is that last year with Covid call-offs and no games played we went in to the Hearts game like a half shut knife. Fingers crossed we are getting a shape to the team for the new season based on this.

13 hours ago, Comrie said:

4-1 win in a dead rubber.

Don't know why we perennially seem to get drawn against Mr MacGregor's playthings with the usual outcome guaranteed. We had a fightback from 0-3 down to  earn a draw last time round at Links Park, only to lose the penalty shoot out. For a while it was the Perth Saintees we got ritually humiliated by in cup comps. Now we don't even get to play them. Roll on next Saturday for football that matters.

Edited by Brummo
Alliteration

On 24/07/2021 at 20:19, Comrie said:

4-1 win in a dead rubber.

Nice of you to turn up this time though..... .

Could you not have just saved us the expense and forfeited this one too....! not that it would have done us any good, but it woulda saved the club time and money. Long way to go for a pre season friendly.