League Cup Group H: Saints, Pars, Thistle, Stenny, Dumbarton

Lex

Pretty poor from us. We haven't really stamped our authority on the game, Stenny haven't really been penned in. They have let us mess about with the ball and we haven't looked threatening at all.

Main should have scored, I think Stenny should have scored from what I made out of that chance.

Dennis not having the best of games but can't rule him out scoring a poachers goal if he gets half a chance.

FT 1-3
Experimental side, so fairly rusty performance with more than an air of pre season about it. Stenny defended well and caused us a couple of problems.
Anyway, deserved three points, job done. Good to see three of the four strikers scoring too. Just need the wolf to get off the mark now.
Still not through right enough, need to avoid defeat at home to Thistle on Sunday.
Three teams finishing on nine points still a possibility.

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Pretty poor from us. We haven't really stamped our authority on the game, Stenny haven't really been penned in. They have let us mess about with the ball and we haven't looked threatening at all.

Main should have scored, I think Stenny should have scored from what I made out of that chance.

Dennis not having the best of games but can't rule him out scoring a poachers goal if he gets half a chance.

That was not our strongest team and to be honest would not have expected it to be. No disrespect to the Warriors  they played not bad a good club so respect to them and good luck for the forth coming season.  Like it or not its our,strikers are,scoring in all what could be claimed is preseason games. Hope I get picked for the ballot against Thistle ,staying in Glasgow on Saturday night so fingers crossed 🤞.  

4 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

That was not our strongest team and to be honest would not have expected it to be. No disrespect to the Warriors  they played not bad a good club so respect to them and good luck for the forth coming season.  Like it or not its our,strikers are,scoring in all what could be claimed is preseason games. Hope I get picked for the ballot against Thistle ,staying in Glasgow on Saturday night so fingers crossed 🤞.  

Those of us who aren't balloted are going to watch the game in The Cave in New St (you might remember it as LaVerte's Wine Bar or even the Imperial Bar). If you're looking for a pub in which to watch the game then come on down!

5 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Those of us who aren't balloted are going to watch the game in The Cave in New St (you might remember it as LaVerte's Wine Bar or even the Imperial Bar). If you're looking for a pub in which to watch the game then come on down!

Thanks for that,will do if not picked. 

Next up Partick Thistle in Paisley a club I quite like they like Saints live in the shadow of the two dark side clubs. However McCall for some reason has a bee in his bunnet  about Saints where it came from I have no idea. Would love Saints to give him a sore one then to hear the shite he comes away with is always fun.  Sorry Thistle fans the guy is a grade one  p - I - k