League Cup Group H: Saints, Pars, Thistle, Stenny, Dumbarton

Lex

5 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The guys who run B&W Army on Twitter have probably filed a lawsuit over this. Do those chumps ever stop complaining?

Not complaining about a 3-0 victory while we remain in "relative safety" 🤣

IMG_6147.jpg
Yeah not good, but not really surprising these days. Happened a few times in last years competition too. Hopefully all well and the Sons can get a team out for next weekend.

52 minutes ago, jagfox BLM said:

Probably Jim Goodwin’s biggest away win as manager. Congratulations St Murn....

I mean if we were shite on the road I'd give you your dues but we were literally the best away team in the league last season outwith the Old Firm and Hibs.

Edited by djchapsticks

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

At least the St Mirren fans wont be forced into paying the small sum of… TWELVE pounds 🤢 for the stream. Every cloud.

I'd already bought mine.:lol:

Without wanting to turn this into Yet Another Covid Debate, under the current rules, if the Dumbarton squad are all isolating for 10 days and assuming they don't sign an entire new team, does that not mean their next two games are in the bin as well?

or are there different testing rules for the close contacts in professional sport eg they can play if they return further negative tests? 

Thistle have had 4 players out with covid so far this pre season but we're either doing enough that if one goes down the entire squad isn't deemed close contacts, or we're lying and saying we are. 

Edited by Fuctifano

52 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Without wanting to turn this into Yet Another Covid Debate, under the current rules, if the Dumbarton squad are all isolating for 10 days and assuming they don't sign an entire new team, does that not mean their next two games are in the bin as well?

or are there different testing rules for the close contacts in professional sport eg they can play if they return further negative tests? 

Thistle have had 4 players out with covid so far this pre season but we're either doing enough that if one goes down the entire squad isn't deemed close contacts, or we're lying and saying we are. 

We've had 1 player test positive and identified 4 close contacts, right now nobody else has returned a positive test. I would hope that if the rest of the squad can return negative tests before Tuesday then the game can go ahead. We had to forfeit today as our injured players on top of the isolating ones only left us with 9 players.

Could teams not draft in a bunch of youth players to fill up the positions? Then at least the first team players that aren’t self isolating are still getting some form of ‘pre season’.

23 minutes ago, Maine said:

Could teams not draft in a bunch of youth players to fill up the positions? Then at least the first team players that aren’t self isolating are still getting some form of ‘pre season’.

Dumbarton don't have a youth team and we can't play trialists. 

Thistle looked a decent price at 29/20 yesterday, 11/8 now. That’d be my tip for the day since our squad is piss thin.

2 hours ago, smpar said:

Thistle looked a decent price at 29/20 yesterday, 11/8 now. That’d be my tip for the day since our squad is piss thin.

Look poor today. Who is #44 at centre half? He's about 5'8".