League Cup 21/22 - Group F

28 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Is it possible to buy streams for games being shown on Premier Sports on a game by game basis?

I assume that the home club won't be allowed to stream games that are being shown on Premier Sports. 

I don't think so. The only reason clubs could provide streams if it was on TV I if it was for season ticket holders. I don't think that applies to this seasons tournament (at least for Motherwell).

Guest Flash
9 hours ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Hopefully the Spiders have a better League Cup campaign than last year. Our friendly is a good indicator but the fun starts on Saturday. QOTS beat us 6-1 over the Scottish and League Cup ties last year. This will be tough. 

I wouldn’t read too much into those results from last season. Only 3 players who started in those two games are still at the club and only one of them started both games.
We’re also short on numbers at the moment. 15 players left at the end of last season and 9 have come in. The difference is possibly loan players as six left and we currently have none.

35 minutes ago, Flash said:

I wouldn’t read too much into those results from last season. Only 3 players who started in those two games are still at the club and only one of them started both games.
We’re also short on numbers at the moment. 15 players left at the end of last season and 9 have come in. The difference is possibly loan players as six left and we currently have none.

Feels like this will be a battle of the thin squads then. We were already short of numbers and have “several players unavailable” tomorrow

No idea who or why right enough 

Can someone give me an idiots guide to get live stream tomorrow? I was and am a season ticket holder (I know I have to pay for match tomorrow) but which log in do I use tomorrow - Season Ticket Access, New subscriber or Existing Subscriber? How do i know if I have an account with Pars or Alloa TV?

How long before match starts should I try to log on and pay?

On the New subscriber route it says 'Register for access to live streams for all home games' but I only want to register for this match

Edited by queenslad

47 minutes ago, queenslad said:

Can someone give me an idiots guide to get live stream tomorrow? I was and am a season ticket holder (I know I have to pay for match tomorrow) but which log in do I use tomorrow - Season Ticket Access, New subscriber or Existing Subscriber? How do i know if I have an account with Pars or Alloa TV?

How long before match starts should I try to log on and pay?

On the New subscriber route it says 'Register for access to live streams for all home games' but I only want to register for this match

Register with an email. If you already have an account it will tell you and you can reset the password. You can have an account against your email for cup games and still use the season ticket login for league games

12 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Is it possible to buy streams for games being shown on Premier Sports on a game by game basis?

I assume that the home club won't be allowed to stream games that are being shown on Premier Sports. 

Good question. We have Well at home next week and the club are obliged to stream to members and season tickets so the cameras will be rolling. Can’t see how we’d manage PPV though. The Kelty game tonight wasn’t screened live but there was a link for Premier subscribers. 

5 hours ago, Flash said:

We’re bringing a couple of laddies from the youth team just to fill the bench tomorrow. The starting team is fairly set though. Had a good run out at Starks last week. It’s always a bit of a lottery in the league cup. Just scunnered we’re missing a good day out tbh.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

Happy with that, we were absolutely second best throughout the first half with Connolly causing numerous problems but we remained resolute, which is something we were unable to do under McKinnon against higher opposition. 

Second half was a lot more even with Biggar moved in to play centrally as he looked a bit lost playing wide left and fair play to him, it was a brilliant finish. Hopefully he’s played centrally in the future so we can see what he’s all about. 

Qp motm for me would go to Moore. Full of running and energy, with ability to match. He’s a different winger to what we had last season in that he likes to take the ball anywhere in the attacking third instead of waiting to receive the ball out wide constantly. Smart piece of business from early showings. Brown also had a good shift, particularly in the second half where he grew into the game

Considering we had no Mchugh, Grant, longridge, Kilday, Yeats or Quitongo available shows that hopefully we can count on each and every player in the squad when injuries and suspensions hit throughout the season. At least the on pitch matters are looking on track in comparison to off field 

Never like to read too much into these games but a good performance and result for us, particularly considering how threadbare the squad was.

Queen of the South will be disappointed not to have taken at least on of their chances, but felt we were pretty well organised in general. Wednesday will be an even bigger test, but it’s good to have a win to build on. 

Happy with that, we were absolutely second best throughout the first half with Connolly causing numerous problems but we remained resolute, which is something we were unable to do under McKinnon against higher opposition. 

Second half was a lot more even with Biggar moved in to play centrally as he looked a bit lost playing wide left and fair play to him, it was a brilliant finish. Hopefully he’s played centrally in the future so we can see what he’s all about. 

Qp motm for me would go to Moore. Full of running and energy, with ability to match. He’s a different winger to what we had last season in that he likes to take the ball anywhere in the attacking third instead of waiting to receive the ball out wide constantly. Smart piece of business from early showings. Brown also had a good shift, particularly in the second half where he grew into the game
Considering we had no Mchugh, Grant, longridge, Kilday, Yeats or Quitongo available shows that hopefully we can count on each and every player in the squad when injuries and suspensions hit throughout the season. At least the on pitch matters are looking on track in comparison to off field 

Didn't the ones you mention play against us last season when we won comfortably both times? It might be worth sticking with the boys you had on today [emoji38]

Biggar’s goal was excellent. He just paused and let defenders move away giving himself space and time. Clever player.

QoS could have had a clear lead before half-time so there’s still much to be done at the back. But we know we have good players to come back. Already though our sick bay is a worry. Other than that looked promising going forward and difficult to beat. Kinda like last season. Thought Gillespie was a bit dull so there’s more available in the centre too. Very satisfying result with lots of opportunity for improvement.

That’s Laurie’s cherry popped. Onwards and upward.

Thanks to QoSTV for good coverage and honest and even commentary.

1 hour ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

Was it really as one-sided as these highlights suggest ?

Yeah, pretty much, especially first half. QP only had that one shot first half I think, though prob should have scored it. Better 2nd half but goal apart didnt really threaten. They did see the last 10-15 mins out competently though other than the one where a slip gave Connelly a free shot.

We were good in possession and movement, made lots of chances but didnt take them or even force any great saves from Muir. Better finishing and we win comfortably but the game's about scoring and we didnt. Considering we had a striker and two converted wingers at the back we defended pretty well, apart from the goal, which was horrible. Bad header to a free untracked runner on the edge of the box. 

On 10/07/2021 at 00:38, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Good question. We have Well at home next week and the club are obliged to stream to members and season tickets so the cameras will be rolling. Can’t see how we’d manage PPV though. The Kelty game tonight wasn’t screened live but there was a link for Premier subscribers. 

We're not allowed to stream the live televised game. We do film games for training purposes so maybe that will be available afterwards.