League Cup 21/22 - Group F

35 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
56 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:
To be fair, as you've multi quoted earlier every supporter of every club Ally Roy has ever darkened has concurred that he is a waste of space and a waste of a wage (Airdrie fans dislike him less than Thistle fans if you can believe it). His goals today won't change any of those views.

That's not what's happened here though is it? There were plenty of other posts from other fans slating Roy who I haven't quoted.

You cherry picked the quotes, not me. As you well know when you signed him, everyone piled in.

I eagerly await your next word spaghetti response.

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

As good as display at Palmerston as I've seen in a long time. Quick and dangerous going forward. Not giving Airdrie much time on the ball and relatively comfortable at the back. Airdrie got a well taken goal but I think if we hadn't made so many changes it wouldn't have happened so not too disappointed about it.

Delighted Junior got off the mark. I don't think he'll be a prolific goalscorer for us, more a creator but nonetheless the goal will be a great confidence booster.

The back 3 have done ok so far but we really need an experienced head back there to keep them right against tougher opposition.

5/6 more bodies and some luck with injuries and we should do ok this season.

Really good performance some of our passing and movement was really good .

Wullie Gibson best player on the park a joy to watch 

My only worry is at the back we need experience height and a physical presence.We will not come up against a team as poor as Airdrie in the Championship .

You cherry picked the quotes, not me. As you well know when you signed him, everyone piled in.
I eagerly await your next word spaghetti response.
Aye from (what I thought were) Airdrie supporters. If one is from another side it's because I'm in the app and just assumed he was an Airdrie fan.

Either way I'm happy Roy was too shite for Airdrie to re-sign.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

As good as display at Palmerston as I've seen in a long time. Quick and dangerous going forward. Not giving Airdrie much time on the ball and relatively comfortable at the back. Airdrie got a well taken goal but I think if we hadn't made so many changes it wouldn't have happened so not too disappointed about it.

Delighted Junior got off the mark. I don't think he'll be a prolific goalscorer for us, more a creator but nonetheless the goal will be a great confidence booster.

The back 3 have done ok so far but we really need an experienced head back there to keep them right against tougher opposition.

5/6 more bodies and some luck with injuries and we should do ok this season.

Agree totally we looked dangerous every time we went forward. Connelly has been a fresh air and a total pain to play against I would imagine. Willie is timeless and is getting better with age. The group we have now enhanced by Cochrane is young energetic and direct. I can't believe rant did not play Connelly at Alloa. I really like the Todd/McGrory partnership in the middle they both work incredibly hard and are intelligent on the ball and now they have the Cochrane on top of that. What I really liked about today was as a team everyone was happy especially when big Ruben scored and we seem to have a great bond as a team.

Thanks to the quality of the stream and the commentator who at least knew who our players were. I wont say I enjoyed much after the first 10 minutes but I think once again, a great effort on the Wednesday was  followed by a well below par performance. Much of that was due to the work rate and skill of the shape used by Queens-I thought Gibson was really good and matched by that wee annoying No 10. We never got to grips and your defensive midfielder (MCGrory?) just brushed aside our lightweight young guys. Hard to imagine that one change( McCabe) from our Well win led to us looking again as if we had never trained together. Yes Gallagher ought to have made it 2-1 and as football is a funny old game, maybe Queens would have become nervous. I have never entered the Ally Roy debate but he was very unfortunate with his injury last season, and Murray rarely played him upfront with a  big guy, nor had a midfield to press on defenders, so he got space. His quicker reaction at his 3rd goal showed what confidence can do to a player.  Whether Queens can build on this for your League chances , only time will tell. Best wishes.

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

How many time have motherwell and Airdrie played in the last 30 years?

We'll,  if you take 30 years x the number of games per season that each have played that will give the answer.  How many times they've played each other is a different thing. 

My only worry is at the back we need experience height and a physical presence.We will not come up against a team as poor as Airdrie in the Championship .

Shut up

19 hours ago, Northfield said:

Gibson was on fire - I don't know where he gets his energy from.  When I was 36 getting up out of a chair was an achievement for me.

McGrory wasn't far behind him imho, he rarely wasted a pass, got stuck in and offered excellent protection to the back 3.  A bit like a Kyle Jacobs who can pass the ball (mind his goal attempt was a bit Jacobsesque too!)