League Cup 21/22 - Group F

My belief that Motherwell will be fully involved in the relegation dogfight this season only strengthens

If we start the league season with this midfield then you may as well relegate us now.

I’d be very surprised if we didn’t bring in at least another 4-5 players though.

1 minute ago, dezz said:

If we start the league season with this midfield then you may as well relegate us now.

I’d be very surprised if we didn’t bring in at least another 4-5 players though.

Let's hope those ones are from a higher level than the English 6th tier

Motherwell - meekly surrendering to Lanarkshire's lower league dross since the beginning of time.

We exist to improve these people's lives.

Seriously though,  credit to Airdrie they deserve the win, we've offered absolutely nothing.

Poor again, but far too early for panicking. Recruitment is taking a while, just got to hope the additions are worth the wait when they finally arrive. 

Let's hope those ones are from a higher level than the English 6th tier

Ultimately it doesn’t matter too much where they come from, you lot still won’t manage as much as a point against us.

Motherwell - meekly surrendering to Lanarkshire's lower league dross since the beginning of time.
We exist to improve these people's lives.
Seriously though,  credit to Airdrie they deserve the win, we've offered absolutely nothing.
Poor again, but far too early for panicking. Recruitment is taking a while, just got to hope the additions are worth the wait when they finally arrive. 
See you soon [emoji4]

43 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

My belief that Motherwell will be fully involved in the relegation dogfight this season only strengthens

These kind of quotes are usually defined as bait. 

But as of now you would get few Well fans disagreeing including myself. 

That team that played tonite would get us relegated and by some distance. 

We need players back from injury and 4 or 5 starters otherwise we will be bumping along the bottom of the table until the TB3 becomes the TB2 🤷‍♂️😡

1 hour ago, 'WellDel said:

Time for big KVV to save us and get this cult hero shit up and running. 

That didn't quite come about I'm afraid. Maybe the next game, the one after or.... 

Edited by diamondman

19 minutes ago, diamondman said:

That didn't quite come about I'm afraid. Maybe the next game, the one after or.... 

Ach, not to worry, I'm.sure he'll sharpen up in time for when the real fitba starts wi the big boys. I can only hope we've signed 4 or 5 decent players to help him by then though. Don't really want to be slipping down towards those seaside leagues you've been cutting about in for the past 30 yrs.

Enjoy your night though, very well deserved win. You look to have the makings of a team that could do well.

Thoroughly enjoyed that last night, throats a bit rough this morning but I'll accept it. First game for me and the wee man this season and what a game to get back to.  I'm never going to be one of these "over reactors" at a good result but I really like the look of a few of those players.

The boy McDonald we signed from Motherwell, whether that was just because we were playing his old team or not, he covered every blade of plastic grass, McCabe capped an energetic and spirited performance with a free kick that I thought had Agnew's name all over it. The central defence was fairly sound, Fordyce marshalled well and big Watson is cool as a cucumber on the ball.

2 cracking goals as well, each good enough to win any game. All in all fairly happy with a "glorified friendly" League cup game win but it was the performance that pleased me most. Onwards and upwards.

Today's motherwell line up against Annan

Kelly, S O'Donnell, O'Connor, Lamie, McGinley, Carroll, Donnelly, Maguire, Amaluzor, Woolery, Van Veen.

Subs: Fox, Johnston, Parker, Crawford, C O'Donnell, Slattery, McLeod, Lawless, Watt.

Atleast Crawford isn't starting.

Today's motherwell line up against Annan
Kelly, S O'Donnell, O'Connor, Lamie, McGinley, Carroll, Donnelly, Maguire, Amaluzor, Woolery, Van Veen.
Subs: Fox, Johnston, Parker, Crawford, C O'Donnell, Slattery, McLeod, Lawless, Watt.
Atleast Crawford isn't starting.

Fancy Annan Ath today.