League Cup 21/22 - Group F

Premier-Sports-cupSITE_790x500_acf_cropped.jpg.04610190ec679eea344bf3b5f2c8b7cb.jpg

Group F contains the following Teams:

• Motherwell
  • Queen of the South
  • Airdrieonians
  • Annan Athletic
  • Queens Park

A couple of interesting ties (from a Motherwell prospective). A Derby with Airdrieonians which is the first since they consumed and replaced Clydebank I believe. Additionally our new Signing Connor Shields could end up debuting against his old club Queen of the South.

Motherwell are definitely the favourites but I won't put any bets on them. We have been terrible for most of last season and lost some of the few good players. We also have the habit of exiting the cup to smaller teams (see albion rovers).

Here is the list of fixture.

20210601_160059.thumb.jpg.4836a5c3985b6ea3560b19ddd137db71.jpg

Premier Sports Cup 2021/22 dates

Group stage

MD1: Weekend of July 10/11

• Airdrieonians Vs Annan Athletic (Sat 10th July at 3pm)
  • Queen of the South vs Queens Park (Sat 10th July at 3pm)

MD2: Midweek of July 13/14

• Annan Athletic vs Queen of the South (Tues 13th July at 7.45pm)
  • Queens Park vs Motherwell (Wed 14th July at 7.45pm) - Also on Premier Sports.

MD3: Weekend of July 17/18

• Motherwell vs Queen of the South (Sat 17th July at 3pm)
  • Queens Park vs Airdrieonians (Sat 17th July at 3pm)

MD4: Midweek of July 20/21

• Airdrieonians vs Motherwell (Tues 20th Wed 21st July at 7.45pm) - Also on Premier Sports. (Fixture moved from its previous spot).
  • Annan Athletic vs Queens Park (Tues 20th July at 7.45pm)

MD5: Weekend of July 24/25

• Motherwell vs Annan Athletic (Sat 24th July at 3pm)
  • Queen of the South vs Airdrieonians (Sat 24th July at 3pm)

Second round
Weekend of August 14/15

Quarter-finals
Midweek of September 21-23

Semi-finals
Weekend of November 20/21

Final
Sunday December 19

Edited by Phillips455

Bored of Airdrie and QOTS. Motherwell away would be tidy. As long as I'm watching from the stand that is. Our only failure last year was the lack of competitiveness against other full-time opposition.  Interesting to see how we get on come July. 

17 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Bored of Airdrie and QOTS. Motherwell away would be tidy. As long as I'm watching from the stand that is. Our only failure last year was the lack of competitiveness against other full-time opposition.  Interesting to see how we get on come July. 

Well it seems to be at whatever ground Queens Park will be hosting their games. The pattern for the top seed is Home to this first and third team and away to the second and fourth team. Therefore I would expect the following motherwell fixtures:

• Motherwell vs QotS
  • Airdrieonians vs Motherwell
  • Motherwell vs Annan Athletic
  • Queens Park vs Motherwell

11 hours ago, Phillips455 said:

A couple of interesting ties (from a Motherwell prospective). A Derby with Airdrieonians which is the first since they consumed and replaced Clydebank I believe.

Only mentioning cos I love a good derby and looked this up, but apparently you played them in the Scottish Cup in 2007 and won 1-0. Still, first game in 14 years is still fun.

8 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Only mentioning cos I love a good derby and looked this up, but apparently you played them in the Scottish Cup in 2007 and won 1-0. Still, first game in 14 years is still fun.

The 3 Irish boys game

Just Updated the OP with the fixture info. Both Motherwells away games against Queens Park and Airdrieonians will be Televised by Premier Sports. More details for fixtures, tickets and livestreaming will be listed sometime in the future.

• 1 month later...

Was looking forward to Saturday up until a week or so ago when I realised we won’t get in at Dumfries either. Not sure why clubs are being so restrictive when government guidelines allow up to 1000 seated. Fond memories of our day at Palmerston a couple of years ago in the Scottish.

We looked quite tidy on Saturday and Raith fans confirmed it was a strong starting XI for them so fingers crossed. Would be a great confidence boost if we can score a few goals and get some points in this season’s tournament. 

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

Motherwell home fixtures are being balloted to season ticket holders. Max of 2000 allowed in each match.

Both home matches will be avilable on the ppv motherwell stream site for £10 each. Just incase any fans want to want the match but are unable to attend.

7 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

For QoS fans: Has anyone due to attend Saturday's game received any details by email from the club yet  about time to report,  seating arrangements,  etc?

Not heard anything yet and now thursday night. Hopefully all fans will get in from 2.30pm and not have to be there 3 hours beforehand

Not heard anything yet and now thursday night. Hopefully all fans will get in from 2.30pm and not have to be there 3 hours beforehand

Between 2pm & 3pm.

250 on the terrace and 250 in the BDS Stand.

The Alpha Solway Stand can’t be used as it’s where the substitutes etc are located due to these Covid rules.

Is it possible to buy streams for games being shown on Premier Sports on a game by game basis?

I assume that the home club won't be allowed to stream games that are being shown on Premier Sports. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs