Ground improvement & club licensing

Marten

With the remaining juniors entering the pyramid now, I think we need this thread.

Work is going on at Lochee United with the aim of getting licensed.

20210527_134502.jpg

Edited by Marten

• 5 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Saw this posted elsewhere:

Post in thread 'Midlands (Junior) League 2021/2' https://nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/midlands-junior-league-2021-2.4758/post-99242

There’s at least 6 Tayside clubs aiming to be licensed soon. How keen they would be to get promoted is another matter. The further up the “Pyramid” you are could affect eligibility for grants etc.

My guess would be Lochee United, Tayport, Broughty Athletic, Downfield, North End and Carnoustie Panmure

Any news on north region clubs aiming for a licence soon?

Started a new thread on this topic that I will now delete having just noticed this one.

1 hour ago, Marten said:

Work is currently also going on at the grassy bank on the long end of the pitch at Lochee United to get better terracing there.

Needs done mate but I for one will really miss standing there on the grassy bank.

Just been to Thomson Park for our friendly v Gartcairn (finished 0-0). The place is a bit of a building site now, a lot of work is going on. The grassy banks are being done up, facilities are being improved, including changing rooms, toilets and bar. Preparations are being made for electricity supply for the floodlights. The aim is clearly to get ready for licensing as soon as possible. 20210703_132739.jpgIMG-20210703-WA0002.jpg

On 27/06/2021 at 12:55, superbigal said:

The grassy steep bank behind the away dugouts had quality railway sleepers for sitting on before they all rotted away.

The 'quality railway sleepers' were my Press Box. No longer.

10 hours ago, LocheeRon said:

The grassy bank isn’t going it is just getting re-seeded

Yeah, that got explained to me on Saturday, I misunderstood it at first, apologies!

7 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Quite  a strange move as spectators are not permitted on grass banks in the SPFL  to my knowledge. 

Doesn't seem to stop anyone at Borough Briggs

11 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

At least the dog shit will be gone from the grassy bank now 

We have got to worry about reaching the HL first before even thinking about the SPFL. And should it happen and a further improvement being needed, I'm sure that will be looked at in time.

1 hour ago, Marten said:

We have got to worry about reaching the HL first before even thinking about the SPFL. And should it happen and a further improvement being needed, I'm sure that will be looked at in time.

Fair shout.  

Good luck in your quest. 👍

Edited by theoriginalhedge

Just now, theoriginalhedge said:

Fair shout. 

I do know the club are thinking ahead though, so if further improvements are needed to be eligible for promotion to the SPFL, I'm sure they will be aware and have an idea of how to implement them should we end up in the mix at the top of the HL in the near future.

56 minutes ago, Marten said:

I do know the club are thinking ahead though, so if further improvements are needed to be eligible for promotion to the SPFL, I'm sure they will be aware and have an idea of how to implement them should we end up in the mix at the top of the HL in the near future.

I think the only SPFL requirements for L1/L2 above an entry level SFA licence are 300 lux floodlights (up from 200) and a safety certificate (which might be why the grassy bank at Ainslie Park is out of bounds for Edinburgh City and not Spartans).