New Premiership Strips 2021-22

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

Genuinely tried, but the SMISA page that was hosting them has a 404 error. I didn't think they were that bad but I'm on PC right now so it's probably awful on phone.

I was just joking, but for reference I'm on PC too.

I've found the choices that we were given to vote on this year, but as someone mentioned above, we never found out the winner, AFAIA.
In all honesty, I can't even remember what I voted for. If I was voting now I'd go either 2/4, and the boring '2' option for the away strip.

Screenshot_20201129-200224_Chrome.thumb.jpeg.5bc5698e3aab2a6975b8aaaf4411edfb.jpeg&key=f622932e47ea8ce92d4616fe1b3b8a99cfa0decd342cc2bacf62ce18e934a325
Screenshot_20201129-200150_Chrome.jpeg.25823fc226385a04659f405ed8b90c1b.jpeg&key=b861a01a2a47cca68d14de8df073be053d08c0f4fbf24d03b2d7261bdf19d203
Option 2 3 4 for the home kits are too similar to recent home kits.

Wouldn't mind seeing 1 home and 3 away just for the shits n gigs. Can see the fan base having a melt down at the grey and white stripes though, even though we'd have voted for it [emoji85].

Option 3 away is similar in the so bad it's good as the multi coloured matchwinner kit

59 minutes ago, Ric said:

So a "one off" for a tour?

1953, eh? A good 5 years into apartheid.

Indeed. Also a mere 30 years before Ruud Gullit experienced the worst racial abuse of his entire career in a UEFA cup tie at Love Street whilst playing for Feyenoord. 

5 hours ago, Ric said:

Trust me, your response now was the same from us at the time.

It's not _the_ worst strip there's been, trust me many other Scottish clubs are ahead of us in that list, but it's stunning how much of a mess they made of a simple black and white vertical stripe design. As I and others have pointed out, the away strip was just as horrendous.

On a side note, could I nominate the fermers for having the most boring strips? Look at them, each and every year they put out an utterly non-entity of a strip.

Citation fucking needed.

1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:

Indeed. Also a mere 30 years before Ruud Gullit experienced the worst racial abuse of his entire career in a UEFA cup tie at Love Street whilst playing for Feyenoord. 

Indeed, the Rangers fans who came to the ground to insult such a good player should be ashamed of themselves.

Of course not.

But "many" is an exaggeration. That SM is genuinely the most horrible home strip I have seen. Streets behind our chessboard number, even.

I give away strips a bit more leeway as experimentation is somewhat encouraged, but even so there's not many worse than that.

22 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Of course not.

But "many" is an exaggeration. That SM is genuinely the most horrible home strip I have seen. Streets behind our chessboard number, even.

I give away strips a bit more leeway as experimentation is somewhat encouraged, but even so there's not many worse than that.

I honestly can't think of a worse home shirt effort off the top of my head.

Didn't both Dundee and Morton have home shirts in the last 10 years that were so utterly shite, the fans managed to get them pulled and redesigned within 48 hours?

I suppose one of the good aspects of going with Castore is that our strips will be bespoke and not a generic template. Rangers fans were contacted a number of months ago to provide suggestions to Castore for next seasons strip and I like that they are asking the fans for their view, but in reality, there will be that many conflicting opinions it probably won't make much of a difference.
Personally I'd like to see us get rid of the 5 stars above the badge. They also asked us to specify any old strips they could take inspiration from and I chose the one below. It might look out of place in a modern day football but I absolutely love it!
The home top is due for release in June so not long to wait to find out.

gettyimages-459578698-612x612.jpg.cd7be30901f067784cad1c32be78eb4b.jpg
Bespoke from the company that flogged your fans Asda school jumpers with Castore logos ironed on?

16 minutes ago, Empty It said:
12 hours ago, AJF said:
I suppose one of the good aspects of going with Castore is that our strips will be bespoke and not a generic template. Rangers fans were contacted a number of months ago to provide suggestions to Castore for next seasons strip and I like that they are asking the fans for their view, but in reality, there will be that many conflicting opinions it probably won't make much of a difference.
Personally I'd like to see us get rid of the 5 stars above the badge. They also asked us to specify any old strips they could take inspiration from and I chose the one below. It might look out of place in a modern day football but I absolutely love it!
The home top is due for release in June so not long to wait to find out.

gettyimages-459578698-612x612.jpg.cd7be30901f067784cad1c32be78eb4b.jpg

Bespoke from the company that flogged your fans Asda school jumpers with Castore logos ironed on?

That’s the one mate. Thankfully this is a topic about the team strips so they won’t be running around Ibrox next season wearing Fruit of the Loom jumpers 😂

3 hours ago, Ric said:

Indeed, the Rangers fans who came to the ground to insult such a good player should be ashamed of themselves.

Chelsea fans surely. 

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I honestly can't think of a worse home shirt effort off the top of my head.

Didn't both Dundee and Morton have home shirts in the last 10 years that were so utterly shite, the fans managed to get them pulled and redesigned within 48 hours?

Yes we did. I can't remember much about it, only that it was an abomination that basically looked like a rejected proposal for a Rangers training kit. 

Do you think you could find smaller images, the ones you posted are far too large! [emoji6]
Seriously though, the last two in the away list are dreadful, while (for me) number four for the home strip is the only sensible option. I believe I said the same thing at the time.

Definitely home option 4. It just looks right.

14 hours ago, Ric said:

Really? I mean it's all a matter of taste and we can all accept that the posted St Mirren top is howfing, but we've seen much worse...

These two being prime examples:

Hide contents

dundee-united-93-away_1.jpg

aberdeen-94-away-use_4.jpg

Good lord. Those two are horrific. That Aberdeen one might be the worst in the history of sport.

Edited by AmericanFan

That’s the one mate. Thankfully this is a topic about the team strips so they won’t be running around Ibrox next season wearing Fruit of the Loom jumpers [emoji23]
Fruit of the loom blue t-shirt with an ironed on badge imo.

You are entirely right, you'd think simple black and white vertical stripes were some sort of design voodoo going by some of our dismal efforts. When done well, though, it can look very good.

Edit: I could be wrong but the shorts tend to flip between white and black on almost alternate years. I've not checked to confirm that, but it certainly seems to be that way. I think it all depends on the top as to whether they should be white or black.
Definitely feel that when you do have white shorts and socks it increases the overall aesthetic.

I'm not too sure either but think you have had black for the last 2 or 3 seasons, at least.

To be fair, it's not just a St. Mirren problem though, Newcastle seem to regularly make an arse of what should be a simple thing too.

A couple of years ago, County had a poll for the home kit, and a vile tartan number won.  Turned out they actually wore the kit that came second in the poll, which wasn’t much nicer.