New Premiership Strips 2021-22

Just now, KnightswoodBear said:

It's what I imagine a migraine looks like.

It was posted in here, just after that one, but only as a thumbnail. I'll not punish anyone by reproducing it in a full size image.

3 hours ago, AJF said:

I suppose one of the good aspects of going with Castore is that our strips will be bespoke and not a generic template. Rangers fans were contacted a number of months ago to provide suggestions to Castore for next seasons strip and I like that they are asking the fans for their view, but in reality, there will be that many conflicting opinions it probably won't make much of a difference.

Personally I'd like to see us get rid of the 5 stars above the badge. They also asked us to specify any old strips they could take inspiration from and I chose the one below. It might look out of place in a modern day football but I absolutely love it!

The home top is due for release in June so not long to wait to find out.

gettyimages-459578698-612x612.jpg

I have a love for early 90s adidas and I had the Marseille home shirt wiith the light blue shoulder stripes.

But for me the best Rangers shirt was the 85-87 Umbro one. Simple clean design with a nice crossover collar 

On a side note, could I nominate the fermers for having the most boring strips? Look at them, each and every year they put out an utterly non-entity of a strip.

tbf, even a bin bag or a tattie sack would look great when the player is holding two trophies :P

Trust me, your response now was the same from us at the time.
It's not _the_ worst strip there's been, trust me many other Scottish clubs are ahead of us in that list, but it's stunning how much of a mess they made of a simple black and white vertical stripe design. As I and others have pointed out, the away strip was just as horrendous.

On a side note, could I nominate the fermers for having the most boring strips? Look at them, each and every year they put out an utterly non-entity of a strip.
Nut, no having that. St. Mirren seem hell bent on making an arse of a simple striped effort, year in year out.

Don't think black shorts and socks actually help either with your strips.

1 hour ago, andrewh said:

tbf, even a bin bag or a tattie sack would look great when the player is holding two trophies :P

I believe the only acceptable answer to that comment is "touché".  ;)

I don't think I'm being controversial here though, the St Johnstone tops always seem to be the safe option. Sure, it means you avoid complete horrors (like we've had in the past) but surely you must want the club to gamble on a genuinely striking design once in a while.

The classy option for the coming season would be to have one that hints at that cup double, but does it in a stylish way rather than literally saying "cup double" on it.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

Let’s see pictures of three then...

Really? I mean it's all a matter of taste and we can all accept that the posted St Mirren top is howfing, but we've seen much worse...

These two being prime examples:

Spoiler

dundee-united-93-away_1.jpg

aberdeen-94-away-use_4.jpg

1 hour ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:

Nut, no having that. St. Mirren seem hell bent on making an arse of a simple striped effort, year in year out.

Don't think black shorts and socks actually help either with your strips.

You are entirely right, you'd think simple black and white vertical stripes were some sort of design voodoo going by some of our dismal efforts. When done well, though, it can look very good.

Edit: I could be wrong but the shorts tend to flip between white and black on almost alternate years. I've not checked to confirm that, but it certainly seems to be that way. I think it all depends on the top as to whether they should be white or black.

Edited by Ric

Just now, The Other Foot said:

Are we really having a 'worst strips' discussion and not mentioning the Heart of Midlothian / Mr Blobby collaboration?

I think it's a rotten top but doesn't it have a historical element to it?

We had a 125 anniversary top a few years back, and it was rotten, I don't actually think we wore it for any of the games, but it was a historical thing so again given the precedent it gets a pass. An ugly pass but a pass none the less.

9 minutes ago, Ric said:

I think it's a rotten top but doesn't it have a historical element to it?

We had a 125 anniversary top a few years back, and it was rotten, I don't actually think we wore it for any of the games, but it was a historical thing so again given the precedent it gets a pass. An ugly pass but a pass none the less.

Historically shite.

Wasn't even based on a football shirt but on jockey colours.

That blue and red St Mirren kit isn't that bad tbh. Even the double DIADORA on it looks decent, better than "king of trainers"

Edited by Jim McLean's Ghost

7 hours ago, AJF said:

I suppose one of the good aspects of going with Castore is that our strips will be bespoke and not a generic template. Rangers fans were contacted a number of months ago to provide suggestions to Castore for next seasons strip and I like that they are asking the fans for their view, but in reality, there will be that many conflicting opinions it probably won't make much of a difference.

Can't wait for the outcome of that!

3 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:
3 hours ago, Ric said:

Trust me, your response now was the same from us at the time.

It's not _the_ worst strip there's been, trust me many other Scottish clubs are ahead of us in that list, but it's stunning how much of a mess they made of a simple black and white vertical stripe design. As I and others have pointed out, the away strip was just as horrendous.

It's what I imagine a migraine looks like.

Or one of those pictures you have to stare at for ages to try and see a herd of elephants or such like. I never could see anything in those.

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it but United still have two years with Macron which I'm pretty happy about as they seem to be far superior to the other brands we've had over recent years.

With Livi going to Joma, that should be the first time in years that no club in the Premiership uses Nike strips.

1 minute ago, Ric said:

So if we are to extend this to bad strips as well as new kits, can anyone confirm if this "beaut" is genuine or some sort of one off?

1494424326-dundee-1953-south-africa-tour

Genuine, was worn during a South African tour in 1953

Billy-Steel-53.jpg

I've found the choices that we were given to vote on this year, but as someone mentioned above, we never found out the winner, AFAIA.

In all honesty, I can't even remember what I voted for. If I was voting now I'd go either 2/4, and the boring '2' option for the away strip.

Screenshot_20201129-200224_Chrome.thumb.

Screenshot_20201129-200150_Chrome.jpeg.2

Edited by Coventry Saint

2 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I've found the choices that we were given to vote on this year, but as someone mentioned above, we never found out the winner, AFAIA.

In all honesty, I can't even remember what I voted for. If I was voting now I'd go either 2/4, and the boring '2' option for the away strip.

Screenshot_20201129-200224_Chrome.thumb.

Screenshot_20201129-200150_Chrome.jpeg.2

Do you think you could find smaller images, the ones you posted are far too large! ;)

Seriously though, the last two in the away list are dreadful, while (for me) number four for the home strip is the only sensible option. I believe I said the same thing at the time.

1 minute ago, Ric said:

Do you think you could find smaller images, the ones you posted are far too large! ;)

Genuinely tried, but the SMISA page that was hosting them has a 404 error. I didn't think they were that bad but I'm on PC right now so it's probably awful on phone.