New Premiership Strips 2021-22

5 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Away looks a tiny bit better when fitted properly.

But

Half collar is awful and macron are cheeky fucks with their double branding on chest and sleeves and also twice on shorts 

Also looks like plain white back

IMG-20210702-WA0006.jpg

Never noticed the half collar earlier.. pish

7 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

This is a decent top. The white trim is different and I don’t think it makes the top shite. It gives the top an old fashioned kind of look, especially when you see it on the long sleeves like that. Hearts showing again why it pays off to be with a reputable brand.

I’m struggling to cope with the fact that this guy thinks 2004 is “old fashioned”

particularly because I know he’s right 

9 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

An awful strip. Horrendous. But expected of a tin pot company like Macron 

From what I’ve seen, Macron with their professional kits will pretty much let the clubs choose the design rather than use stock templates. Motherwell have certainly designed a lot of theirs in house over the past few years. 

these poor design choices are down to Dundee United alone I think. 

39 minutes ago, Handsome John said:

From what I’ve seen, Macron with their professional kits will pretty much let the clubs choose the design rather than use stock templates. Motherwell have certainly designed a lot of theirs in house over the past few years. 

Very much so, I would hope the Motherwell away top is not down the same lines but I’m sure it won’t be, the club are pretty good at making wise choices and the last three away kits have all been good to excellent. What you do get with Macron is pretty good quality materials.

Edited by Yorky

It seems like the bloke that splashed paint over the Dundee Utd strip has got us as well.

Edit: This is just a training top actually, I thought it was the away top at first.

C0F6738D-D5FD-4561-85DD-580ACC9707AB.jpeg

Edited by AJF

22 minutes ago, AJF said:

It seems like the bloke that splashed paint over the Dundee Utd strip has got us as well.

Edit: This is just a training top actually, I thought it was the away top at first.

C0F6738D-D5FD-4561-85DD-580ACC9707AB.jpeg

Was about to say that just looks like a t-shirt.

2 hours ago, Handsome John said:

I think it’s more a case of someone at the club requesting “modern” or “traditional”.   For whatever reason, certain clubs believe that polarising modern monstrosities sell more.  Motherwell seem to understand the idea of identity, whereas others pay it lip service.  

2 hours ago, Handsome John said:

Aye that's how I've always understood it to work with us. It's not Macron doing the design.

It's the club overseeing the project and the reason that we've tended to have good to excellent home shirts with Macron has been a result of, as @Savage Henry says, Motherwell understanding the idea of identity and having talented people working at the club in terms of design.

Some of the away shirts have been the best we've ever had (the last two season in particular) and some...less so (the denim and cup winners names spring to mind).

Edited by capt_oats

13 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I think it’s more a case of someone at the club requesting “modern” or “traditional”.   For whatever reason, certain clubs believe that polarising modern monstrosities sell more.  Motherwell seem to understand the idea of identity, whereas others pay it lip service.  

And this is the key for me, while they don’t always get it right they understand the history and more often than not the kits are up there with the better ones from other clubs. The Dundee United kits this season are a perfect example of individuals that fail in that regard.

Edited by Yorky

I was warming to the away top until it looked the design is only on the front.  Be it stripes, hoops or random paint splatters, if they don't continue round the back the designer should be shot.

Home top is probably the same but already looks shit as the design doesn't extend to the sleeve.

11 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

On 26/06/2021 at 10:44, Archie McSquackle said:
On 25/06/2021 at 22:58, Sugar_Army said:

Unfortunately no matter how hated the United strips initially appear to be you can bet there will be an announcement that it is the most popular strip in recent years whether it is or not 

On 02/07/2021 at 18:44, invergowrie arab said:

Away looks a tiny bit better when fitted properly.

But

Half collar is awful and macron are cheeky fucks with their double branding on chest and sleeves and also twice on shorts 

Also looks like plain white back

IMG-20210702-WA0006.jpg

Those orange squares on the socks.

The whole thing is an abomination.   Awful.

It looks like it was a design task in The Apprentice.                                                                                          

1 hour ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Those orange squares on the socks.

The whole thing is an abomination.   Awful.

It looks like it was a design task in The Apprentice.                                                                                          

I can easily imagine some "designers" in the back of a taxi with the phone on loudspeaker laughing their arses off.

"Yeah, yeah, those united mugs took those templates. Money transferred over? SWEEEEETTTT!"