New Premiership Strips 2021-22

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

I have a pet peeve when an away strip is just a different shade of the same colour as the home kit. Celtic are the worst for this unless they are creating some sort of Black and Tan tribute. 

I think the black and tans were Rangers fans, or at least Airdrie.

3 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

What the hell is this.

Fine for a training match, dark blues vs light blues but what about when you are playing a team in a mid blue like for example St Johnstone.

Wear all-navy, I'd assume.

We also bring out a third kit pretty much every season (albeit fairly far on in the season), so if we brought that forward that'd be fine.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

32 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

What the hell is this.

Fine for a training match, dark blues vs light blues but what about when you are playing a team in a mid blue like for example St Johnstone.

We'll just use our European kit.

It's about as close as the Dees will get tbf.

Edited by tree house tam

What the hell is this.

Dundee wear all dark blue.

St Johnstone/Rangers wear their away kit.

St Johnstone/Rangers wear their inevitable third kits.

Dundee wear the third kit that will almost certainly come out at some point.

Yeh there are no obvious options...

18 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

I like kits that can be mixed and matched so its good from that POV although maybe a bit plain.

I'd be tempted to go all navy at home and blue white blue for away.

You're not allowed to do that now. The season we were relegated we were all Dark Blue despite at the time wanting to change the shorts on a game by game basis initially dependent on who we were playing.

Could have changed since then right enough.

19 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

You're not allowed to do that now. The season we were relegated we were all Dark Blue despite at the time wanting to change the shorts on a game by game basis initially dependent on who we were playing.

Could have changed since then right enough.

I always thought that was the discretion of the referee?   Or is all just sales driven now?  I can recall County sometimes changing against, say, St Johnstone (or even Hearts) and sometimes not. 

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

I always thought that was the discretion of the referee?   Or is all just sales driven now?  I can recall County sometimes changing against, say, St Johnstone (or even Hearts) and sometimes not. 

Not 100% sure. Just remember a communication coming from the club that we needed to have 'declared' our strips at the start of the season as our fans are very 'traditional' and didn't like the home kit without white shorts.

Perhaps it was the ref that didn't allow the variance.

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

Don’t get attached to these actually reasonable kits. You’ve most probably got Joma next. 

Still another 2 seasons of Macron! We were 8 with Puma beforehand so we've had decent quality (if not always in style) kits for the past decade or so. Makes a massive change from the Bukta and Viga days.

7 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Did Saints v County not feature a game with both wearing blue last season?

Was boggling to the eyes watching on a laptop.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Did Saints v County not feature a game with both wearing blue last season?

Was boggling to the eyes watching on a laptop.

Yeah. At least one. As you say, it was horrible to watch (notwithstanding the players). But previously they’d changed kits. 

8 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Yeah. At least one. As you say, it was horrible to watch (notwithstanding the players). But previously they’d changed kits. 

226856516_EiSIMQ_WoAI0A6v(2).thumb.jpeg.cbd74228528b3f335237ecd6d2d9625f.jpeg

Found a screenshot of it from my laptop screen.

Brutal when play was in the shade.

18 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Still another 2 seasons of Macron! We were 8 with Puma beforehand so we've had decent quality (if not always in style) kits for the past decade or so. Makes a massive change from the Bukta and Viga days.

Your 1980s kits from Umbro were superb. My auld Dees supporting uncle gave me a Dundee top for Christmas in 1985. Got some amount of wear out it in May 86!  Wish I still had the shirt.