New Premiership Strips 2021-22

26 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Still can't believe that someone on the board signed off on that fucking abomination.

Yellow trim as well....

Deary me, I had completely forgotten how bad that strip was. I always remembered the big daft sponsor but the rest of it is equally as bad if not worse.

St Mirren's efforts this year were pretty good to be fair. 

I suppose one of the good aspects of going with Castore is that our strips will be bespoke and not a generic template. Rangers fans were contacted a number of months ago to provide suggestions to Castore for next seasons strip and I like that they are asking the fans for their view, but in reality, there will be that many conflicting opinions it probably won't make much of a difference.

Personally I'd like to see us get rid of the 5 stars above the badge. They also asked us to specify any old strips they could take inspiration from and I chose the one below. It might look out of place in a modern day football but I absolutely love it!

The home top is due for release in June so not long to wait to find out.

gettyimages-459578698-612x612.jpg

Edited by AJF

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

I suppose one of the good aspects of going with Castore is that our strips will be bespoke and not a generic template. Rangers fans were contacted a number of months ago to provide suggestions to Castore for next seasons strip and I like that they are asking the fans for their view, but in reality, there will be that many conflicting opinions it probably won't make much of a difference.

Personally I'd like to see us get rid of the 5 stars above the badge. They also asked us to specify any old strips they could take inspiration from and I chose the one below. It might look out of place in a modern day football but I absolutely love it!

The home top is due for release in June so not long to wait to find out.

gettyimages-459578698-612x612.jpg

Below is easily the best Rangers home shirt IMO. Adidas were at the absolute peak of their powers from about 93-98 and were churning out amazing strips worldwide. The quality of the materials used in the shirts at the time were also amazing and probably why they remain my favourite strip manufacturer even if they can be very hit and miss nowadays.

image.png.7ae53cf9b2f48119872d29f87e841d83.png

42 minutes ago, double deluxe said:

A gold trim on the shirt to commemorate the achievement of a cup double would be brilliant but the new shirt got signed off a number of weeks ago so would probably be too late now.

If your new strip doesn't have two stars above the crest, then you're not doing it properly. 

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

We'll be discussing "uniforms" before you know it. 🤮

Surely it's as simple as 'strip' = shirt, shorts and socks and 'kit' = the other stuff (boots, guards, training gear etc)? 

Anyway I'll get pelters for this but I'd like it if there was some effort towards ethical sourcing for this year's strips//kit. I don't think I've ever seen a team release new gear and promote it not using child labour, sustainable materials and transport that avoids pollution etc. Want them to look good of course but to me that's more important. 

11 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Surely it's as simple as 'strip' = shirt, shorts and socks and 'kit' = the other stuff (boots, guards, training gear etc)? 

Anyway I'll get pelters for this but I'd like it if there was some effort towards ethical sourcing for this year's strips//kit. I don't think I've ever seen a team release new gear and promote it not using child labour, sustainable materials and transport that avoids pollution etc. Want them to look good of course but to me that's more important. 

On this topic, I think it was Spurs that just released their new kit and I believe it is being manufactured using recycled plastic bottles!

21 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

That sounds a very Forest Green Rovers thing to do.

588514886_ScreenShot2021-05-27at10_18_31.thumb.png.186d4ac02ef7ea2c62777f4dac00ce56.png

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/56182730

58 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

If your new strip doesn't have two stars above the crest, then you're not doing it properly. 

I’m sure a club needs permission from FIFA to introduce stars that represent achievements on their badge.  I don’t think a domestic cup double would meet their criteria

36 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

That sounds a very Forest Green Rovers thing to do.

588514886_ScreenShot2021-05-27at10_18_31.thumb.png.186d4ac02ef7ea2c62777f4dac00ce56.png

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/56182730

Yes, Forest Green do a good job on the eco front and it gets them a lot of good PR. I was only really thinking about the Scottish game, don't expect to see anything like that here but it would be good to see at least some effort from clubs. 

Are astro pitches recyclable? Pretty sure those rubber pellets must be an environmental nightmare. 

ETA bamboo is a great material, pretty sure it would make a good shirt. Much better than the synthetics. 

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Did we not go from Joma, to BLK, then to Macron?

Our home tops have been dire for a while, regardless of who makes them. Suggests it's an issue at the clubs end more than anything tbh.

We did. I'd obviously blocked out that bulk effort with the tartan, the yellow, the silhouette of Perth skyline and everything else going on.  

IMG_1204.thumb.JPG.34068a2f757e9c7a40b3d01ab469e7ab.JPG

Think you're being harsh on our macron strips, whether templates or not, they've all been decent.  The cup final ones this year also fine.   Don't think any have been 'wow' but as long as a Saints strip is not awful I'm okay with it. 

Compare the joma ones below to the macron ones.. though it may well be down to club choice.

joma;

IMG_1205.JPG.c2fd7fb23fcf533d318c173b8d58e384.JPGIMG_1207.JPG.c318535c4464e34ff8845211efc90e6c.JPG

Macron;

IMG_1199.JPG.f8dc2de48bd826f4ff97b2fef30b6af5.JPGIMG_1200.JPG.c5c7ab8ae4af69f5564ec5371a4d562e.JPGIMG_1201.thumb.JPG.ffdf9f7cf4b6e974d4d530f7ab3f9285.JPG

11 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Fucking hell!!

Trust me, your response now was the same from us at the time.

It's not _the_ worst strip there's been, trust me many other Scottish clubs are ahead of us in that list, but it's stunning how much of a mess they made of a simple black and white vertical stripe design. As I and others have pointed out, the away strip was just as horrendous.

On a side note, could I nominate the fermers for having the most boring strips? Look at them, each and every year they put out an utterly non-entity of a strip.

Edited by Ric

Just now, Ric said:

Trust me, your response now was the same from us at the time.

It's not _the_ worst strip there's been, trust me many other Scottish clubs are ahead of us in that list, but it's stunning how much of a mess they made of a simple black and white vertical stripe design. As I and others have pointed out, the away strip was just as horrendous.

It's what I imagine a migraine looks like.