Dominic Cummings - can open, worms f*cking everywhere.

30 minutes ago, ahemps said:

I hear this all the time but can you give me one example of someone telling us that Scots are too stupid and incapable.......Please, just one example.

12 minutes ago, ahemps said:

You got a longer clip? This was clearly a terrible comment by someone who is a babbling idiot. 

This refers to the same clip as above.

So 1 person has said we can't make political decisions which is clearly factually incorrect as we have a parliament that has abundant powers to make decisions. 

You've not convinced me that it is a general view of the Scots that we are too wee and stupid.

Should be happy - you got what you asked for. Precisely what you asked for. 

8 minutes ago, Pato said:

I dunno man. I mean if you look in the below the lines comments on any vaguely Scottish politics news story on BBC, Mail, Scotsman etc. you'll see an absolute morass of that kind of sentiment & that's true today as it was a decade or more before. You would have to work quite hard not to come across the attitude that Scotland doesn't have the ability to function as a country on economic, ethical and intellectual grounds. Throw a dart at any of Kincardine's or Glen Minter's or Lex's posting history and you'll find it here easily. Whether that meets the bar you're looking for is questionable, I assume you're looking for people with a certain level of public status, in which case sure there aren't many people articulating these views in the gleeful way that internet nobodies do. Kelvin MacKenzie would be one, Stephen Daisley another.

Anyway, indyref thread for this pish.

Back on topic: Will Kuenssberg come out fighting? Or I guess more pertinently will the weird nerds who work at the BBC and elsewhere do it on her behalf?

I am someone very open minded on independence. The comments section online are absolutely not the place I would look for an opinion. On this forum it is very pro independence, on some others it is very anti independence, none of these places is where I would get my information from. I would argue that you can find anti English sentiment on the pro independence comments on places like twitter etc. but I don't use them for a gauge of what any sensible person believes.

4 minutes ago, ahemps said:

I am someone very open minded on independence. The comments section online are absolutely not the place I would look for an opinion. On this forum it is very pro independence, on some others it is very anti independence, none of these places is where I would get my information from. I would argue that you can find anti English sentiment on the pro independence comments on places like twitter etc. but I don't use them for a gauge of what any sensible person believes.

Which part of "Indyref thread for this pish" are you struggling to understand, wee fella?

8 minutes ago, Anonapersona said:

He said: 'Please, just one example'. And he got one. No need to move the goalposts.

You can also take a peek at that dreadful ukpolitics forum on reddit. They sure love us over there.

You've just described reddit as dreadful but want me to believe the comments made there.

This clip doesn't give a full context. If you want to believe people think we are too small and stupid then it is good enough for you, it isn't for me. I am looking at this from an open mind and if shown a statement or comment in full by someone of stature then I will believe it. 

Just now, ahemps said:

You've just described reddit as dreadful but want me to believe the comments made there.

This clip doesn't give a full context. If you want to believe people think we are too small and stupid then it is good enough for you, it isn't for me. I am looking at this from an open mind and if shown a statement or comment in full by someone of stature then I will believe it. 

No, I described one forum as dreadful.

But yes, I'm sure you're correct. All those comments denigrating Scotland are not believable and are just a wee joke.

26 minutes ago, Pato said:

I dunno man. I mean if you look in the below the lines comments on any vaguely Scottish politics news story on BBC, Mail, Scotsman etc. you'll see an absolute morass of that kind of sentiment & that's true today as it was a decade or more before. You would have to work quite hard not to come across the attitude that Scotland doesn't have the ability to function as a country on economic, ethical and intellectual grounds. Throw a dart at any of Kincardine's or Glen Minter's or Lex's posting history and you'll find it here easily. Whether that meets the bar you're looking for is questionable, I assume you're looking for people with a certain level of public status, in which case sure there aren't many people articulating these views in the gleeful way that internet nobodies do. Kelvin MacKenzie would be one, Stephen Daisley another.

Anyway, indyref thread for this pish.

Back on topic: Will Kuenssberg come out fighting? Or I guess more pertinently will the weird nerds who work at the BBC and elsewhere do it on her behalf?

I stopped watching at midday, re LK, has anything else came out? 

I share the opinion of the tweet you posted before. There's plenty of jokes to be had about her and Cummings but what is she supposed to be defending herself against? From what I watched he said that she wanted to know if their was validity in a story and he said that there wasn't, what am I missing? 

(Disclaimer - I don't work with the BBC and I'm far too much of a shagger to be described as a weird nerd)

4 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Cummings has confirmed that he heard BoJo make the 'let the bodies pile high' comment immediately after the lockdown decision on 31 October.  

(Cue rats fighting in a sack and selective deafness.) 

First "on the record" witness to state he heard BJ make such a statement.

1 minute ago, Stormzy said:

I stopped watching at midday, re LK, has anything else came out? 

I share the opinion of the tweet you posted before. There's plenty of jokes to be had about her and Cummings but what is she supposed to be defending herself against? From what I watched he said that she wanted to know if their was validity in a story and he said that there wasn't, what am I missing? 

(Disclaimer - I don't work with the BBC and I'm far too much of a shagger to be described as a weird nerd)

Accusations of being less a journalist and more a willing mouthpiece for Government to trail policy changes and the like to gauge public opinion. Defending herself would be pointless as she has for a long time been proudof her access to power. She's no more a journalist than my wee dug. 

He's still far more intelligent and credible than Bozo.

He is and the funniest part is he really isn’t smart at all. It’s the same situation as everyone being impressed by that bozo Steve Bannon quoting Plato. Remarkable what a few decades of bashing the Humanities does to the state of political discourse.

I was going to defend what she actually meant but she’s a TERF p***k so who cares.

4 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Accusations of being less a journalist and more a willing mouthpiece for Government to trail policy changes and the like to gauge public opinion. Defending herself would be pointless as she has for a long time been proudof her access to power. She's no more a journalist than my wee dug. 

Tbh I've had this conversation before on here but I've always viewed her role as being a mouthpiece for the government through the BBC rather than some objective journalist in the first place, more of a reporter than a journalist.