How will we do?  

290 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Someone tried to put a meeting in my calendar for 2pm on June 14th 😆 

Sorry, my internet will be down then. Watching us begin our campaign. 

We'll get through the group, I'm sure of it. Beat the Czech Republic in the first game and we're laughing.

On 03/06/2021 at 22:53, LondonHMFC said:

I think Clarke will get us something from England. What I am hoping for is Croatia to nick at least a point off them from that first game, and them to be under serious pressure to beat us in the second game. Think that would suit us perfectly. 

The game against the Czech's will be tight, Soucek was definitely tiring towards the end for West Ham and his passing is abysmal. However he is a constant threat at set pieces. No idea what to expect from Croatia.

I don't think there will be a lot of goals in our group, so goal difference may come into play. I think we will get at least two points from the group.

I see the thinking here, but I just think it's a big ask for England not to win either of their first two games at Wembley. Kind of like when I was desperate for Celtic to pump us in the league before we played them in the 2019 cup final, on the thinking that there's no way we beat them twice in Glasgow in a week.

England are tough to call. They're capable of slapping us about, but they have real problems at the back and may end up sacrificing firepower to deal with it. Put that together with injuries, players out of form, and poor preparation, and there's a tiny chance they have a flop for the ages here.

5 hours ago, BFTD said:

I've genuinely no idea what Scots do when we achieve sporting success.

Will personally be taking it as a sign of The End Times and will board up the doors and windows.

The world ended when Scotland qualified for a major tournament.

St Johnstone just won a Cup double ffs, this isn't reality anymore.

I was installing the fixtures calendar onto the work computer today and I have to say it’s a fucking joy to see the word Scotland in there once again. 

If I've been understanding the pundits correctly over the last couple of years, this England match should be a "free hit", right?

In other news: Czechia taking a pounding from Italy.

8 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

We are playing two matches at home ffs. 4 points minimum

This is how we have to look at it. It's far from an easy group but we have two home games in format where 4 points pretty much guarantees you go through, barring the freak occurrence of finishing bottom with 4 points. Being at home in those circumstances makes it the best chance to progress we'll ever get.

The Czech Republic got rode 4-0 by Italy last night and looked absolutely horrendous in the process.

If you take the last result of each of the fixtures in the group it looks like this.

ENGLAND 2  CROATIA 1; SCOTLAND 1  CZECH REPUBLIC 0

CROATIA 2  CZECH REPUBLIC 2; ENGLAND 2  SCOTLAND 2

SCOTLAND 2  CROATIA 0;  CZECH REPUBLIC 2  ENGLAND 1

Giving you the final table of

SCO - P3 W2 D1 L0 Pts 7

CZE - P3 W1 D1 L1 Pts 4

ENG - P3 W1 D1 L1 Pts 4

CRO - P3 W0 D1 L2 Pts 1

54 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

If you take the last result of each of the fixtures in the group it looks like this.

SCO - P3 W2 D1 L0 Pts 7

CZE - P3 W1 D1 L1 Pts 4

ENG - P3 W1 D1 L1 Pts 4

CRO - P3 W0 D1 L2 Pts 1

I will be very disappointed if it doesn’t turn out like that; and probably blame you.

Any answer other than the boys coming home with the trophy can get in the bin.

7 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

SCO - P3 W2 D1 L0 Pts 7

CZE - P3 W1 D1 L1 Pts 4

ENG - P3 W1 D1 L1 Pts 4

CRO - P3 W0 D1 L2 Pts 1

That's science

Is multiple topics with "Sitts" in it not enough exposure? 

It's fucking woeful. 

8 minutes ago, SJP79 said:

Not a fan then

Not in the slightest, no. I actually watched one of your pods in one of the topics and he just comes across as a blethering idiot. 

Guest SJP79
19 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Not in the slightest, no. I actually watched one of your pods in one of the topics and he just comes across as a blethering idiot. 

Fair enough,

Cheers ;)

I think we'll do alright. We lack quality at both ends of the pitch that will see us fall short but Clarke has found a system that suits the team which makes us awkward to play against.

I'd still expect the likes of Belgium to stroll past us but we will give a better account of ourselves against teams that aren't miles better than us.

Beating the Czechs is our best chance then a carve up with the Croats would be delightful.

Think we'll maybe get a couple of draws and a 3-0 defeat against England.