Next to go?

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

When I last read the rules on this it was still an elected position.  The last published rules are a a bag of mess mostly focused on covid shortened seasons.  But seem to suggest auto-promotion for HL/LL play-off.  

Elected you say 🤔

3 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Does anyone happen to know if club 42 get a parachute payment if relegated, also if they do how much is it and how long for?

£40,000 year one then £20,000 year two if the document that Google pulled up is correct.

4 minutes ago, GallowayBlue said:

£40,000 year one then £20,000 year two if the document that Google pulled up is correct.

Cheers did try to look but could not see anything

Edited by peternapper

On 17/05/2022 at 16:12, 1320Lichtie said:

I think Stenhousemuir are a very well run club and probably in and around the position I’d expect them to be with potentially having an Edinburgh City like season and moving into L1 which would be your ceiling? 

Look forward to meeting you at our ceiling again next season comrade.

Absolutely shocked to my core Arbroath will be back at their natural level next season, no one could have seen that coming.

It will be a privilege to be in the same league with such a big club who have all those season ticket holders and a scattering of teenagers wearing Arbroath clobber roond the toon centre.

Smokies and wine baby.

On 17/05/2022 at 17:27, Gordon EF said:

I genuinely think your perspective's been warped by so many years of season-on-season improvement. As Neilly says, I think you're confusing the stars aligning for a limited amount of time with something else.  Maybe Arbroath really have taken a step change up in the size of club they are. The real test will be when Dick Campbell goes, the core of the side that's propelled you through the leagues breaks up and you have a tough couple of seasons where you move back the way, rather than continually moving forward.

What Arbroath have achieved on and off the park over the past few years is absolutely enviable. Everyone outside the bubble has just seen it happen too many times before. 

Our Gordon and his crystal ball.

Gordon kens.

7 hours ago, Neilly said:

Look forward to meeting you at our ceiling again next season comrade.

Absolutely shocked to my core Arbroath will be back at their natural level next season, no one could have seen that coming.

It will be a privilege to be in the same league with such a big club who have all those season ticket holders and a scattering of teenagers wearing Arbroath clobber roond the toon centre.

Smokies and wine baby.

Glad to hear it, congratulations on the title. 😊

I can’t believe the Clyde are the only team in the bottom half that are actually capable in winning games.

The form of everyone in the lower half of the table is absolutely stinking.

It all makes for an interesting last 5 games.

Just now, Ranaldo Bairn said:

That will be one million pounds for Jordan Allan if you want him back next season, Clyde.

Take it easy Dr Evil, I don’t think he’ll be in your plans for the championship.

Just now, Clyde01 said:

Take it easy Dr Evil, I don’t think he’ll be in your plans for the championship.

We'll stick him in the reserves then. If you want him cough up*.

*obviously the million pounds was a bit of an exaggeration. I would deal at 250k personally.

The old Rangers tried to get Albion Rovers, Berwick Rangers, Brechin City, Stenhousemuir and Stranraer put out of the Scottish League back in the early 60s, but failed. Ironically, Rangers went out of the league first, and although 3 of the aforementioned teams are no longer in the league - with perhaps a fourth to soon follow them - they are all still alive under their original incorporation.