Rutherglen Glencairn 2021-22

Just noticed the results.

More chance of St Cuthbert's getting into the Lowland League now than Rutherglen Glencairn holding off relegation.

A few old ex Central League will be happy.

Better a trip to Toryglen than Banjo Country.

As was said a year ago, We're All In It Together.

Glens certainly are now.

😂😂😂

Yeh, ok, so maybe we might be in some relegation danger........ [emoji2357][emoji1787]

It doesn't look like things are going to work out for us, but you never know, miracles can happen. I'm content in my knowledge that our management and players gave everything they had right to the last minute of the last game.

If you'd told me before the season that we'd take points from 22 out of 38 games and amass 50 points in total, I'd have happily taken that and thought we'd be comfortably safe, especially when the safety mark at the mid point of the season was 23 points.

But it looks like it wasn't to be, unless both Blantyre and Cumbernauld can pull of unlikely wins over Glenafton.

I think at the start of the season most neutrals had us down as one of the favourites for the drop zone, but we have taken it to our last match and actually beyond that.

Que sera sera.

Well here we are a week on and we're still not quite officially down, but if we stay up I'll appear full frontal naked on our official club highlights package in the centre circle before kick off at our first match of next season.

Unfortunately I think there's more chance of the the Daily Sport's "London double decker bus found on the moon mysteriously disappears" being found again than Glencairn being in the Premier Division next season.

That's football. We rebuild and go again, and I'm already looking forward to it. The First Division is going to be a cracking league next season.

Edited by glensmad

Yeah unlucky Peter Karma comes to mind with regards to yourself,

I do feel for the players and supporters as a Arthurlie supporter I know what it’s like to be relegated think it will be difficult to get back up from that league,

good luck to all the good guys at club 

23 minutes ago, Gaz1888 said:

Yeah unlucky Peter Karma comes to mind with regards to yourself,

I do feel for the players and supporters as a Arthurlie supporter I know what it’s like to be relegated think it will be difficult to get back up from that league,

good luck to all the good guys at club 

Lol, stay classy Gary.

Just now, Glenconner said:

So are Rutherglen Glencairn relegated or not?

Not officially yet. But to stay up we would need the Glenafton v Blantyre match to be replayed and for Blantyre to win by 7 goals.

2 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Not officially yet. But to stay up we would need the Glenafton v Blantyre match to be replayed and for Blantyre to win by 7 goals.

So Rutherglen Glencairn have took the relegation battle to within 90 minutes of a 38 game league.

Not bad going for a league that's lasted, give or take a week, 11 months.

8 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

So Rutherglen Glencairn have took the relegation battle to within 90 minutes of a 38 game league.

Not bad going for a league that's lasted, give or take a week, 11 months.

50 points from 38 games and still going down. To put that into perspective, Dundee United got 48 points from 38 games in the Premiership and finished in 4th place. We're 15th.

24 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Benburb going down with a positive goal difference would be very unusual if it happens.

And a better goal difference than 4 teams above them, including the team in 6th place. I don't think they will though.

14 wins from 38 just isn't good enough to stay up.  No shock rutherglen went down they were one of favorites early season to go down with the squad they had. 
We have lost fewer games than Troon who are safe, and the same number of defeats as Benburb, Rob Roy and Irvine Meadow. It's the draws that have hurt us, and you are correct that 14 wins has proved not to be enough. The late equalisers for Rossvale, Clydebank and Largs against us have hurt us badly. But that's football.

Resting players against darvel not even giving yourself a chance must go down as one of the worst management decisions of all time. 
Oh dear! 
As you have been told multiple times, 9 of the players who started v Darvel also started our "must win" final match of the season away to Pollok. But no doubt you'll just ignore that again and trot out the same rubbish again in a couple of weeks.

Rutherglen Glencairn End of Season Awards 2021-22 :-

Long committee service recognition awards - Alex Forbes and Eddie Smith
Top goal scorer - Jack McIlveen
Website Player of the Year - Scott Schoneville
Management Player of the Year - Jack McIlveen
Testimonial year award - Sean McGuire
Committee Player of the Year - Scott Schoneville
Players' Player of the Year - Mick O'Byrne

U21s Top goal scorer - Ross Smith
U21s Young Player of the Year - Liam Coyle
U21s Coaching recognition award - George McKendrick
U21s Retirement recognition award - Robert Fraser
U21s Player of the Year - Anthony Maguire
U21s Players' Player of the Year - Anthony Maguire

Fingers crossed, but we'll be taking nothing for granted. A lot of teams will be fancying their chances of a top three spot.
Should be a cracking league next season with more than a few teams fancying there chances of a top 3 spot.

Mon the papers