Rutherglen Glencairn 2021-22

And so we wait.

50 points from the season with the young inexperienced squad we have is a fair effort. I don't think many people would have thought any team would go down with 50 points, and we might not, but we can do no more about it.

I'm obviously very close to the squad and know every one of them pretty well. I'm confident in the knowledge that they gave everything they had right to the end of the final game.

We have done our best, only time will tell if it is enough. If it isn't, then we regroup and go again next season.

And so we wait.

50 points from the season with the young inexperienced squad we have is a fair effort. I don't think many people would have thought any team would go down with 50 points, and we might not, but we can do no more about it.

I'm obviously very close to the squad and know every one of them pretty well. I'm confident in the knowledge that they gave everything they had right to the end of the final game.

We have done our best, only time will tell if it is enough. If it isn't, then we regroup and go again next season.
Maybe if you had played your strongest team against Darvel you might have had more points....

When you look at the premier spl league Dundee United finished 4th with 48 points and in the West premier a team looks like getting relegated with 50 points only 11 points behind buffs and hurlford who are in 5th and 6th place at the start of the season I would have said 45 points would be more than enough to stay up just goes to show how crazy football at any level can do .

Yeah you are down and deservedly so as harsh as that sounds.  Just not good enough in the end. 

Must be a time for a change if / when go down,  manager is getting on and not about half the time for one reason or another on a matchday. 
He had Covid and was extremely ill, he was in hospital for an extended period and was was very fortunate to pull through it. Hence him being out of action for three and a half months. For you to use that as a criticism of his attendance says a lot about you.

Yeah you are down and deservedly so as harsh as that sounds.  Just not good enough in the end. 

Must be a time for a change if / when go down,  manager is getting on and not about half the time for one reason or another on a matchday. 
Is he not pretty much unsackable as he owns the Glencairn Venue?

It's worth pointing out that the WoSFL Premier Division is the highest level of football that Glencairn have ever played in. The reason we are currently there is the teams built by Willie Harvey, his long term assistant Joe Pryce and their coaching staff.

Yes, it is well known that Willie is one of our generous sponsors, but how many other managers in the Premier Division are seen during the week lining the pitch, painting the walls, stripping out and refurbishing the toilets, arranging and actually transporting supplies for the kiosk, and much much much more ? Not many, if any.

Willie won't go on forever, but he has played a gigantic part in our Scottish FA Licensing application, he has just completed seven training courses in 3 months (around 12 different sessions in total) to help us get to compliance, so I would imagine he'll be in no hurry to stop yet. And neither should he be, as he has had Glencairn playing at the highest league level in the 126-year history of the club.

Thought there was a real end of season feel to the game today.

Glencairn might even have nicked the points in the final 10 minutes.

Good to see Rutherglen Glencairn and Pollok going for it on the licence front.

Hopefully see the benefits of that in the years to come.

Would love to see Rutherglen Glencairn getting a wee run in the big Scottish and a bit of publicity.

Maybe then the local wee neds might actually realise they've a local club who are trying to help the community rather than trying to stone the punters watching the game.

Yes despite it 'not being connected ' to the club. 
The football club own the building. The business that operates in it (The Glencairn Venue) is not in any way run or controlled by the football club. They pay us rent.

Undisputable facts.

The football club own the building. The business that operates in it (The Glencairn Venue) is not in any way run or controlled by the football club. They pay us rent.

Undisputable facts.
So your manager is paying the club rent?
Pretty much unsackable then..

His absence no matter how unfortunate contributed to you going down. 
Should have done the right thing for the club and stepped down and allow someone more capable to take the reigns. 
In your opinion, but your opinion is irrelevant as you are not a Glencairn supporter. It is really obvious who you are, given the timing of your appearance on this thread. The Glencairn AGM is a couple of weeks away and if the members (the people who own the club and whose opinions count) want Willie to stay on then that's what will happen. Meantime you just enjoy your own team's results.

Exactly my point you lose the rent if you sack him with no guarantee of a tenant to come in and make use of it and money for the club. It's all linked in no matter how it's spun. 
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. [emoji1787]

I think it's unfair on Willie Harvey what's being said about him I've met Willie a few times over the years and the guy puts his heart and soul into the club as well as his money so for folk to come on here to go clearly have no idea how to run a club . When you look at the glens and the size of club they are they dont have big crowds and as far I'm aware a big wage bill which tells me they have been punching way above their weight for years and I'm sure Willie will know when to pass over the reins and when he does he will probably continue to be at the park on a daily basis because like the rest of us we do it for the love of the club.

I think it's unfair on Willie Harvey what's being said about him I've met Willie a few times over the years and the guy puts his heart and soul into the club as well as his money so for folk to come on here to go clearly have no idea how to run a club . When you look at the glens and the size of club they are they dont have big crowds and as far I'm aware a big wage bill which tells me they have been punching way above their weight for years and I'm sure Willie will know when to pass over the reins and when he does he will probably continue to be at the park on a daily basis because like the rest of us we do it for the love of the club.
This 100%. Best post of the week. [emoji122]

Willie is one of the best guys at this level, his record at the Glens has been absolutely superb.

As Glensmad says in a previous post the work and contribution to the club outwith the Manager role is absolutely priceless and should be commended.

I hope for him personally and Joe (also a great guy) that Glens stay up.