Rutherglen Glencairn 2021-22

12 hours ago, glensmad said:

Two big players tied up for next season, defender Keirin Coleman and striker Jack McIlveen, great business. emoji106.png

The lad Coleman when I have seen him play is very impressive. Where did he join from? McIlveens return this season in what's a tough league can't be faulted either. Great business by the club

The lad Coleman when I have seen him play is very impressive. Where did he join from? McIlveens return this season in what's a tough league can't be faulted either. Great business by the club
Coleman joined us from Blantyre Victoria.

No complaints about the result today, Hurlford were the better team no doubt. I thought we were onto something when we went in ahead at the interval, but we were outplayed second half.

A big big game for us next week now, home v Bonnyton Thistle.

We are pleased to announce the signing of striker Liam Coogans from Hurlford United on a deal until June 2023.

Liam (25 years old) made his professional debut for Airdrieonians at the age of 16, before earning a move south to Huddersfield Town. Since moving back north, Liam has played for a number of clubs including Queen of the South, Brechin City, Queen's Park, Linlithgow Rose and East Kilbride FC. We are grateful to Hurlford United for facilitating this transfer smoothly.

Liam is available for selection for tomorrow's league match at home against Bonnyton Thistle.

A disappointing result for us in the end this afternoon, as we'd done so well to get to half time at 0-0 with the wind blowing strongly in our faces.

I was looking forward to having the wind at our backs second half but it dropped completely at half time and we switched off at the start of the second half. After that it was always an uphill struggle, but we were showing signs of getting close to an equaliser just as Buffs grabbed their second.

Ah well, as I've said all season, these games are free hits for us, anything we get is a bonus. Financially we can't compete with the likes of Kilwinning and Clydebank and Pollok and Auchinleck etc. Next week is another free hit in my opinion, at home to Darvel. It's all about staying out of the bottom seven and picking up points against the teams who we're trying to finish above, and we're doing not too bad in that respect.

On 10/02/2022 at 07:28, glensmad said:

Two more important players now tied up for next season - goalkeeper Matt McGinley and left back Scott Schoneville. Great work by the gaffer. emoji106.png

McGinley seemed to miss alot of games initially when he arrived, was this due to work or injury?

I'm a Cambuslang man myself but do pop along to watch u guys now and again. No doubting you have a good squad and look to have consolidated a mid table position in the top league which is a fair achievement.

McGinley seemed to miss alot of games initially when he arrived, was this due to work or injury?
I'm a Cambuslang man myself but do pop along to watch u guys now and again. No doubting you have a good squad and look to have consolidated a mid table position in the top league which is a fair achievement.
He had some niggling injuries when he arrived.

There is a long way to go yet, but we've given ourselves a chance. This season was all about staying out of the bottom seven, we still have a lot of work to do in that respect.