Rutherglen Glencairn 2021-22

Our Jekyll and Hyde nature continues, we just never got going today. No complaints about the result.

Having said that, if you'd offered me 24 points from 18 games, a positive goal difference and top half of the league table, I'd have bitten your hand off for it.

On to next week and Beith at home.

Delighted with our win today. [emoji846] To be honest I'd have been happy with a point before kick off and, when Kyle Chrystal was carried off near the end meaning we had to finish with ten men, I feared a late sickener. But our boys had other ideas, went for the win and got our reward. My heart could have done without the 94th minute Beith penalty that was and then wasn't. [emoji3061] But 27 points and 9th place at the halfway point of the season is more than acceptable. [emoji106]

I’m sure a lawnmower will be on top of Ruglin’s list to Santa
Yes, apologies for the length of the grass and rough surface today. We had trouble with our tractor this midweek, hopefully resolved now. We had to repair the divots from last week's game manually, and with a small committee it's impossible to get them all without mechanical help.

We were far from our best today, but we got through and that's the important thing. We managed to rest O'Byrne, Michael Lone, McIlveen and (for most of the game) Schoneville and Mitchell, so it was pleasing to progress in the end.

• 2 weeks later...

Happy to be into round 2 of the WoSFL Cup tonight. Finnart were sticky opponents but I always felt we had too much for them and so it proved. We were far from our best, but we're into the next round. Back to league business again now.

Absolutely delighted with that win today as we were missing eight first team squad players and had to call up three Under 21s just to get a team on the park and have a few substitutes.

That's only two defeats away from home from our ten league games on the road, six wins and two draws.

Up to 7th place now, and still in two cups going into the New Year. [emoji106]

I'm taking nothing for granted, but we are very close to securing a place outside of the bottom seven for the end of Phase One.

For us to finish in the Phase One bottom seven, all of the following have to happen :-

Glenafton Athletic have to beat Beith Juniors on 8th January

Kirkintilloch Rob Roy have to beat Kilwinning Rangers on 8th January

Cumbernauld United have to beat us by seven goals or more on 15th January

• 2 weeks later...