Rutherglen Glencairn 2021-22

Hope you highlight your goal was definitely well out apparently, the Real Glens showed up today! [emoji106]

A really strange performance from us today after recent weeks, but credit to Glenafton, they scored with just about every chance they created while we missed ours. You'll see from Gerry's video that the game was pretty even, but it's all about putting the ball in the net and Glenafton gave us a lesson in that respect today.

Hope you highlight your goal was definitely well out apparently, the Real Glens showed up today! [emoji106]
I was too far away to make a judgement, but the Glencairn fans at that end told me the ball was about a foot over the line before Schoneville crossed it.

As for the "real Glens" debate, we are both the real Glens. Glencairn were formed in 1896 and have been "The Glens" since then. Glenafton were formed in 1930 and have been "The Glens" since then as well. We've had an extra 34 years of being The Glens, but that doesn't stop you guys being The Glens as well. [emoji6]

[emoji106] [emoji16] Nae bother pal, was funny everyone shouting on the Glens yesterday!
BTW, your pitch was looking great yesterday!

I was too far away to make a judgement, but the Glencairn fans at that end told me the ball was about a foot over the line before Schoneville crossed it.

As for the "real Glens" debate, we are both the real Glens. Glencairn were formed in 1896 and have been "The Glens" since then. Glenafton were formed in 1930 and have been "The Glens" since then as well. We've had an extra 34 years of being The Glens, but that doesn't stop you guys being The Glens as well. [emoji6]

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

As for the "real Glens" debate, we are both the real Glens. Glencairn were formed in 1896 and have been "The Glens" since then. Glenafton were formed in 1930 and have been "The Glens" since then as well. We've had an extra 34 years of being The Glens, but that doesn't stop you guys being The Glens as well. emoji6.png

Just for clarification. 
I was very close to the action for the Glencairn goal and Schoneville got his cross in before it went over the line. 
However, the ball, whilst in the air, clearly went out of play before swinging back in.

[emoji106] [emoji16] Nae bother pal, was funny everyone shouting on the Glens yesterday!
BTW, your pitch was looking great yesterday!
Yep, it's looking better than it ever has since the stadium opened in my opinion. Eddie was straight back on it after the game as well, and was still there when everyone else had left. Pure dedication from a guy in his late 70s, incredible work he is doing.

I thought we were going to hold out for the win today, for all of Clydebank's possession and territorial advantage they never made Spyder make a save - until the double strike inside three minutes. But that's another game where we've competed well with the teams at the top, unfortunately yet again we've slipped to a single goal defeat.

Missing today were McGinley (holiday), Miller (holiday), McGuire (Covid), Coleman (Covid), Shields (broken hand), and Mitchell was playing with an injury which saw him go off before half time. All of the five missing players would likely have started had they been available. But that's football.

Yip, every team gets call offs!

I thought we were going to hold out for the win today, for all of Clydebank's possession and territorial advantage they never made Spyder make a save - until the double strike inside three minutes. But that's another game where we've competed well with the teams at the top, unfortunately yet again we've slipped to a single goal defeat.

Missing today were McGinley (holiday), Miller (holiday), McGuire (Covid), Coleman (Covid), Shields (broken hand), and Mitchell was playing with an injury which saw him go off before half time. All of the five missing players would likely have started had they been available. But that's football.

Yip every team gets call offs but players going on holiday during the season is always a bugbear of mine.

On 26/09/2021 at 08:33, andy25 said:
On 26/09/2021 at 00:24, glensmad said:

Yip every team gets call offs but players going on holiday during the season is always a bugbear of mine.

Or the races, absolute joke at this level 

Superb spirit shown by our boys today to get a point out of nowhere. 3-1 down going into the 90th minute, shooting up the hill with the rain in our faces, but we never lost hope and got our reward.

I haven't celebrated an equaliser like that for a while. [emoji1787]

Another great 3 points for us today although we tried our best to throw it away near the end. That's us up into the top half of the table, going in the right direction.

A wee break from league business for us now with the South Challenge Cup next week.

Really poor from us today and that's the second time we've bowed out of the South Challenge Cup without scoring at the first hurdle. The Ants were ahead before we switched on, and we just couldn't recover it. We had enough chances in the second half but our finishing was really poor.

Ah well, we're still in two other cups and top half in the Premier Division, so we brush ourselves down and move on to next week away to Blantyre Victoria.

We are pleased to announce the signing of midfielder Darren Burns from Ashfield. Darren, who is 26 years old, has also previously played for Gartcairn, Thorniewood United, Arthurlie and Hawick Royal Albert. Darren is available for selection for tomorrow's league game at Blantyre.

A really good performance from our boys today, a complete contrast from last week's shambles in the cup. We scored early and never looked back, Matt McGinley didn't have a save to make in the whole game. Up to 8th place now. [emoji846]