Rutherglen Glencairn 2021-22

16 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Any idea of an attendance for last night?

Was a decent game. Very relieved to have held on but with hindsight we never really looked like throwing it away after the second goal. Still not certain what the red was for but the lack of complaints from everyone on the pitch suggests it was deserved.

Bizarre incidents when Fraser was sent off(where it looked like he was firstly pushed in the face by the defender then wrestled to the ground by the keeper!) and when the referee booked the wrong Glencairn defender for the foul on Gary McCann( they player who committed it was already booked so would have been sent off at that point!).

18 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

Bizarre incidents when Fraser was sent off(where it looked like he was firstly pushed in the face by the defender then wrestled to the ground by the keeper!) and when the referee booked the wrong Glencairn defender for the foul on Gary McCann( they player who committed it was already booked so would have been sent off at that point!).

In reference to the second incident, it was Craig Leitch who was on a yellow card but didn't get the second booking. The referee showed a yellow card to Keirin Coleman for kicking the ball away after the whistle was blown (which he clearly does from Gerry's video). The assistant referee (under lots of pressure from the Pollok players and the fans on the terrace behind him) then called the referee over to check the reason for the booking. Had the referee told him it was for the tackle, then the assistant would likely have told him of the mistaken identity, however the answer was for kicking the ball away, hence the caution standing for Coleman instead of Leitch.

I agree that Leitch was fortunate not to receive a second yellow for the tackle, but the referee didn't book the wrong man.

As for the red card for Fraser, I don't think any angle of video evidence I've seen shows clearly what happened. It's probably best that I don't speculate as it's a matter for Pollok to deal with.

3 minutes ago, lokforever said:

The red card incident will be up as soon as i know the outcome of the appeal. IMO it should have been a penalty to Pollok with the Glens no5 recieving a 2nd yellow. and no red card for Fraser.

We're all entitled to our own completely biased opinions. 😁

10 hours ago, glensmad said:

In reference to the second incident, it was Craig Leitch who was on a yellow card but didn't get the second booking. The referee showed a yellow card to Keirin Coleman for kicking the ball away after the whistle was blown (which he clearly does from Gerry's video). The assistant referee (under lots of pressure from the Pollok players and the fans on the terrace behind him) then called the referee over to check the reason for the booking. Had the referee told him it was for the tackle, then the assistant would likely have told him of the mistaken identity, however the answer was for kicking the ball away, hence the caution standing for Coleman instead of Leitch.

I agree that Leitch was fortunate not to receive a second yellow for the tackle, but the referee didn't book the wrong man.

As for the red card for Fraser, I don't think any angle of video evidence I've seen shows clearly what happened. It's probably best that I don't speculate as it's a matter for Pollok to deal with.

The question then is….what did the linesman manage to see from 40 yards away as the footage from behind the goals doesn’t show Fraser doing anything!

The question then is….what did the linesman manage to see from 40 yards away as the footage from behind the goals doesn’t show Fraser doing anything!
The question then is, why did Fraser or any Pollok player not dispute the decision ? Fraser walked straight off the pitch. I didn't see it from where I was standing, and Gerry's camera behind the goal is inconclusive. But none of us have seen it from the referee's or the linesman angle.

22 hours ago, glensmad said:
23 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

The question then is, why did Fraser or any Pollok player not dispute the decision ? Fraser walked straight off the pitch. I didn't see it from where I was standing, and Gerry's camera behind the goal is inconclusive. But none of us have seen it from the referee's or the linesman angle.

Appeal successful and Fraser’s red card overturned by the SFA

A good point for us this afternoon and deserved in my opinion for our second half performance. Anything we pick up away from home to the big Ayrshire teams is a bonus and it moves us up a couple of places in the table.

Credit to the management team for not letting the team's heads drop after we went behind to the penalty in the last quarter of the match. The change of shape to 3-4-3 paid off when we got the break of the ball for Jack McIlveen to poke the ball into the net with five minutes to go.

We get a wee break from the league for our Strathclyde Demolition Cup tie on Wednesday night now, then the tough league fixtures continue with the visit of Kilwinning Rangers next Saturday, with Auchinleck Talbot visiting us the following week.

On 30/07/2021 at 14:43, glensmad said:

We're all entitled to our own completely biased opinions. 😁

9 hours ago, glensmad said:

Looks like an accidental clash, so fair enough. It didn't affect the outcome of the match anyway. It's a Pollok issue anyway, so we move on. emoji846.png

Mmmmm

Highlights of today's game against Hurlford United.

Excellent highlights once again. Good to see us getting what we deserved out of the match.

Five games in, one win, one draw and 3 defeats. Two of the defeats narrow ones where we could (arguably should) have taken something from the game had we been more clinical up front. The only team who have looked comfortable against us so far have been Darvel, and even then it took an own goal and a huge deflection to beat us.

99 points still to play for. [emoji6]

Safely through to the 1st round of the Strathclyde Demolition Cup after a functional home win over Forth Wanderers last night in the Preliminary Round.

The gaffer took the opportunity to rotate the squad with important players like Harry Mitchell, Michael Lone and Sean McGuire rested.

Back to the league now, and the tough games just keep on coming, a visit from the unbeaten league leaders. These are the games we want to be playing though, it's the league everybody wants to be in.

Meanwhile we stayed in 14th place in the league table last night despite not playing in the league, with 16 out of the 19 other teams now a game ahead of us.

Rob Roy went above us due to their win over Cumnock, but that was balanced out by Glenafton going below us on goal difference by losing to Clydebank.

We've still only played one team who are currently in the bottom half of the table, and our next three league matches are all against teams in the top 7, including the top two.