Rutherglen Glencairn 2021-22

4 hours ago, glensmad said:

Lol I like it. emoji1787.png Remember that clearing the ball off the line needs a defender to be in the right place to do that, all part of a team performance. emoji6.png To be fair, though, Cambuslang did win the game with a bit to spare and I think they'll do well this season. Paul and Billy have invested well in the squad, guys like Gemmell, Anson and Parker will bring good experience and will always contribute goals. And with Andy Goram as goalie coach it shows the level of investment and ambition the club has.

Yeh i agree they definitely will be very competive in their league.

Who were their right and left backs? They were very industrial like and worked non stop. The lad alongside Gemmell also put himself about given given size of him!

Edited by AM-1

1 hour ago, AM-1 said:

Yeh i agree they definitely will be very competive in their league.

Who were their right and left backs? They were very industrial like and worked non stop. The lad alongside Gemmell also put himself about given given size of him!

I don't know to be honest.

Bounce match result :-
Rutherglen Glencairn 2 Kirkintilloch Rob Roy 0
(Scorers - Tommy Lone, Keirin Coleman)

A much improved performance from The Glens today as the squad continued their pre-season preparations in a closed doors match at Glasgow Green.

Team :- McGinley, Coleman, Schoneville, O'Byrne, Miller, McGuire, Michael Lone, Wingate, McNab, Mitchell, Tommy Lone. (Subs - Shields, Henderson, Gormley, Hall, Fraser, McLellan (gk).)

We are saddened to learn of the passing of former captain and manager Hugh McKay yesterday. Hugh played and scored in the 1967 Scottish Junior Cup Final, and also managed the club in the 1975 Final. We will hold a minute's silence before tomorrow night's match in Hugh's memory. We extend our deepest sympathies to Hugh's daughter Fiona and his sons Kenny and Neil.FB_IMG_1625000055257.jpegCDhFx2bWIAAbViV.jpeg

A very young Glencairn side with 10 men for the whole second half went down to a narrow 1-0 defeat away to Hurlford United this afternoon. Eight players out of the 16 were 22 years old or younger, all having come through or still being part of our u21s squad.

Six first team squad players missing due to a combination of holidays and injuries, hence the call-ups for the young lads who all more than held their own against a WoSFL top league side.

Good to get a win and a clean sheet v Petershill last night with another young starting line-up. A couple of trialists on display as well. Looking forward to seeing Gerry's highlights as I'm on holiday and missed the game, I'm told it was a good one.

2 hours ago, glensmad said:

Good to get a win and a clean sheet v Petershill last night with another young starting line-up. A couple of trialists on display as well. Looking forward to seeing Gerry's highlights as I'm on holiday and missed the game, I'm told it was a good one.

Where you off tae?

We are delighted to announce the signing of striker Kit Cummins, 28 years old. Kit, who is 6'5" tall, previously played for Glenafton Athletic, Neilston and Shotts Bon Accord. Kit made his first Glencairn appearance in last night's friendly match win against Petershill.

A disappointing end to pre-season with a 2-0 defeat away to Bo'ness Athletic, a game in which we never really got started. Six players missing today who will hopefully all come into the squad ahead of next Saturday.

44 minutes ago, glensmad said:
1 hour ago, The craw said:
wits glencairn fans opinion on jay mckay .ive saw him few times wi beith nw and i think he looks very gd? was he a fave at RG?

Jay was with us for 5 years and was a popular player.

aye i like his atitude and he keeps digging away fur the cause