Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee United's next permanent manager?  

160 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Noticed that Montrose manager has leapt to second favourite for the job out of nowhere at 4/1 odds.

Would be an interesting one and certainly Petrie has no doubt earned the chance to move to a higher level after doing a splendid job at Montrose after coming in and repairing the calamity Hegarty was causing in his latter tine at the club.

Sadly not been to see Montrose through circumstances for a few year but I did see them a couple of times towards the end of Hegartys time there once that summer a shocking 3-0 loss to then HL Cove and earlyish on in the league to a Albion or Cowdenbeath or someone like that cant remember which it was off hand but it was another dreadful display if management by Hegarty in a bad defeat and a route to HL I feared.

Clearly given the upturn in fortunes after Petrie came in to reach the playoffs showed that the squad was far from as poor as was the case under Hegarty but that the needed a competent manager to come in and  get them going.

I do wonder if a jump from League 1 to Premiership might be to much for him at this point and I do admit I am surprised that Dunfermline never considered going for him in their manager hunt.

25 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

Noticed that Montrose manager has leapt to second favourite for the job out of nowhere at 4/1 odds.

Would be an interesting one and certainly Petrie has no doubt earned the chance to move to a higher level after doing a splendid job at Montrose after coming in and repairing the calamity Hegarty was causing in his latter tine at the club.

Sadly not been to see Montrose through circumstances for a few year but I did see them a couple of times towards the end of Hegartys time there once that summer a shocking 3-0 loss to then HL Cove and earlyish on in the league to a Albion or Cowdenbeath or someone like that cant remember which it was off hand but it was another dreadful display if management by Hegarty in a bad defeat and a route to HL I feared.

Clearly given the upturn in fortunes after Petrie came in to reach the playoffs showed that the squad was far from as poor as was the case under Hegarty but that the needed a competent manager to come in and  get them going.

I do wonder if a jump from League 1 to Premiership might be to much for him at this point and I do admit I am surprised that Dunfermline never considered going for him in their manager hunt.

I heard about this particular one a few weeks ago. I hope the next manager is a success, obviously we all do, but this one is too similar to the McKinnon appointment for me and I still have some trauma from that era. If we go down this route and it pays off then ill be delighted of course.

Any appointment is a risk but I'm not convinced this kind of move would be a good idea for us, or him, at the moment.

6 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I heard about this particular one a few weeks ago. I hope the next manager is a success, obviously we all do, but this one is too similar to the McKinnon appointment for me and I still have some trauma from that era. If we go down this route and it pays off then ill be delighted of course.

Any appointment is a risk but I'm not convinced this kind of move would be a good idea for us, or him, at the moment.

Agree I would have thought a move to Dunfermline would have been more likely I dont see him moving to United at this point.

2 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Personally I'm leaning being more open to Kennedy coming in. Was just reading on twitter a bit of convo between arabs and it's lead me to believe he might be a decent fit. 

John Kennedy? 

Have you seen his stats with Celtic, the biggest budget club in Scotland by a fucking mile? 

It really is a case of rounding up a few boys for a token interview just to appease the fans before announcing Courts. To think I slagged off Aberdeen for just appointing the chairman’s mate too. 

Edited by Junior_Arab

8 hours ago, PartyFears2 said:

it’s Courts’ job, best start getting used to it, lads.. 

4 hours ago, Junior_Arab said:

It really is a case of rounding up a few boys for a token interview just to appease the fans before announcing Courts. To think I slagged off Aberdeen for appointing for just appointing the chairman’s mate too. 

Yeah the ground is being prepped.

I really hope it works and us doubters are made to look stupid.  If it doesn’t work I hope those behind it are held accountable.

18 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

John Kennedy? 

Have you seen his stats with Celtic, the biggest budget club in Scotland by a fucking mile? 

yes but doesnt mean its a good squad to start with but it will be Tam Courts who'll maybe be gone by November when they find the gamble doesnt work

5 hours ago, Junior_Arab said:

It really is a case of rounding up a few boys for a token interview just to appease the fans before announcing Courts. To think I slagged off Aberdeen for appointing for just appointing the chairman’s mate too. 

same as Inverness it was Billy Dodds job just token interviews

I'm at the stage where I'm not really bothered who they appoint now. If its Courts i hope he does well. If not then he gets hoofed like every other manager and the club can pick a new coach that will fit the model better than this guy. 

As long as Ogren is paying the bills and Tony is in charge there's nothing else for it really.

13 hours ago, K.T said:

From anger to apathy. Time for Ashgar to make his move.

I see Derek Adams having lead Morecambe to the third tier of English football for the first time has left to persue another option............................

Edited by Craigy