Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee United's next permanent manager?  

160 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

If I had to guess then I reckon that Mochrie, Neilson and Smith are all going to go on to play at a higher level (possibly a much higher level) Meekison, Fotheringham and Glass all have a decent chance of joining them.

I wasn't doubting their potential, fwiw. Just how much they can contribute in the top flight next season.

To me its bizarre to punt Mellon out for "not using them" if you don't intend to then heavily play them once he's gone. So presumably they'll all have regular minutes next season.

That seems like a really bad plan though so surely won't happen.

Del is one of the perennials at this point but with the apparent backlash with the u-18s boy or whatever was apparently planned, it's an obvious safe option.

Obviously handy that County signed up The Grand Wizard but besides that it's Del, McGhee, Avril and similar. McCall also possibly as don't believe he's been in a proper gig since the end of last year.

4 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Not sure how making a deeply unpopular appointment would strengthen Asghar's hand at all. More likely to utterly destroy his relationship with his boss than strengthen it.

I am led to believe Ashgar will have more, if not total influence on transfers now, with Courts as head coach. That’s wasn’t the case with Mellon who had some input.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I wasn't doubting their potential, fwiw. Just how much they can contribute in the top flight next season.

To me its bizarre to punt Mellon out for "not using them" if you don't intend to then heavily play them once he's gone. So presumably they'll all have regular minutes next season.

That seems like a really bad plan though so surely won't happen.

Yeah, I think that's definitely the plan. You obviously need to be careful in how many you put in at any one time, which games and how long you leave them in for but if your long term strategy is to focus on the Academy then you have to then use the products of the Academy in the first team or it's all just a waste of time.

As I say, the caveat to that is you really need someone who knows how and when to use those young players properly. 

I don't have any energy to seethe over any managerial appointment anymore. As has been shown since Jim McLean, whoever we pick will likely be sacked in around 2 years time. Maybe sooner, maybe later.

We have some decent youths that fans wanted to see more of in the last 10 months. Whether or not they are good enough or can be organised by a glorified juniors coach, time will tell.

Its a good laugh, isn't it.

51 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

What a minter having your youth manager take over the first team....

Don’t know about a minter but I’m really not keen on the idea.

If it happens maybe we will develop a love-hate relationship like you guys have with McPake.  

2 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

Fucking brilliant😄 

Nice to have some early confirmation that we won’t be finishing bottom of the league next season.

I wish I knew how to bookmark posts.  :(

Just now, Granny Danger said:

I wish I knew how to bookmark posts.  :(

Ach don't worry about it. You would just be left feeling even lower when it came to the point you realised you made an arse of it and had to delete said bookmark after your team finish bottom

1 minute ago, RossDee01 said:

Ach don't worry about it. You would just be left feeling even lower when it came to the point you realised you made an arse of it and had to delete said bookmark after your team finish bottom

Only a fool would predict that their team won’t finish bottom.  I’ll leave such foolishness to you.

58 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

What a minter having your youth manager take over the first team....

Pep Guardiola's first job was manager of Barcelona B before he took over the first team.

It's no 'minter' at all to promote from within if you believe you have an outstanding candidate, HOWEVER, that Ashgar doing so would almost by default mean a promotion for his own kid makes all this seen very fucking suspect!