Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee United's next permanent manager?  

160 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Some Kelty fan on Twitter claiming he had a meltdown and sacked a Kelty player at half time near the end of his tenure there, so Mackay might need to take a back seat in the banter stakes next season.

United just need to sign Gavin Gunning now to complete the set IMO.

In fairness, that’s an apocryphal stick.  People claimed exactly the same about John Robertson at County.

He does look like an absolute arse though, so it could well be true.

28 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Liam Fox is also a bit of a banter appointment as well, clueless with us. Was only ever here to tide us over until Bartley took the position 

He was pish when he was our manager almost got us relegated to the Lowland League.

I was kind of meh about this and then I saw the puff piece with Tanner (which will have cost us money) where Courts gives his best wide boy getting an interview at Arnold Clark impression and fair to say I'm incandescent again.

Fair play United at least you can still make me feel. 

1 hour ago, The Real Saints said:

Honestly, is this Dundee United’s new manager or is it a cowboy builder who goes door to door and scams old-age pensioners? I’m not too sure.

EF84340B-3490-46A4-8CD8-15007CB4D167.png

What Is That Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Enjoying the amount of United fans comparing Courts (majority of playing career in the Juniors/manager of Kelty in the EOSL/coach at United for 14 months) being hired to us hiring Callum Davidson (over 300 games in the EFL Championship/19 caps for Scotland/St Johnstone assistant for 5 years/Scotland coach/assistant at Stoke/coach at Dunfermline), as if they're remotely similar in any way.

By all accounts Davidson was selected as our next manager 8 years ago when he was made assistant to Tommy Wright. 

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Enjoying the amount of United fans comparing Courts (majority of playing career in the Juniors/manager of Kelty in the EOSL/coach at United for 14 months) being hired to us hiring Callum Davidson (over 300 games in the EFL Championship/19 caps for Scotland/St Johnstone assistant for 5 years/Scotland coach/assistant at Stoke/coach at Dunfermline), as if they're remotely similar in any way.

By all accounts Davidson was selected as our next manager 8 years ago when he was made assistant to Tommy Wright. 

Where?

This certainly consolidates Ashgars position in the club, and will re-assure the Ogrens that the young lads will be played with a view to developing the next Andy Robertson. That’s a great plan and you can imagine the PowerPoint presentations, but it all goes out the window if the results don’t come in. ( in what is being billed as being the most competitive leagues to come in some years)

Where will courts credibility with the players and the fans come from if we get off to a sticky start? What experience will he draw on ?

Hopefully he will have developed excellent relationships,with the squad that will put a shift in for him. If he hasn’t then we will have a new manager by November.

4 hours ago, Junior_Arab said:

May as well just keep this thread open. We’ll probably need to dust it off again by October. November at the latest IMO. 

I doubt it. This looks to be that particularly stupid kind of managerial appointment where, even when it's blatantly going wrong within a couple of months, the club have to double down and back "the project" to avoid admitting how obviously bad a decision it was in the 1st place.

I hope to be wrong, but I am not optimistic.