Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee United's next permanent manager?  

160 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

45 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

Ooft. Aye well good luck to them. Shades of the Cathro appointment at Hearts but without Cathro's experience of coaching in Portugal and Spain at the highest level and an ex-international manager to support him. What could possibly go wrong?

1 hour ago, Tannadeechee said:

If this turns out to be true should we merge this thread with the Banter Kings one or just shut that one down completely and declare us the undisputed champs? 

45 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Ooft. Aye well good luck to them. Shades of the Cathro appointment at Hearts but without Cathro's experience of coaching in Portugal and Spain at the highest level and an ex-international manager to support him. What could possibly go wrong?

Thought this was a lot of shite ? 

Idiots for those thinking it was away to be them.

8 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

People were going to be not going back to Tannadice or handing back season tickets also.

I genuinely wouldn't blame them. WTF is going on in Scotland this summer? 

This, Malky Mackay, Billy Dodds and Celtic's ongoing troubles. 

Not particularly happy about it but regardless, these guys need the full backing of the support. Cant blame them for taking the job, if anything the hate should be aimed at fat Tony. These two will be fighting a losing battle if they have the fans on their back from day one

1 hour ago, Lex said:

‘He previously managed Kelty Hearts in the east of Scotland league, winning five major honours’
🤣
What ‘major honours’ were those exactly? Good to see the Tully not straying from its usual objective reporting.
ETA decent coup to get the ex defence secretary as assistant right enough. Should improve the goals against column if nothing else.

Did you even read the whole article? He almost got the East Fife job.

8 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Did you even read the whole article? He almost got the East Fife job.

That may be a dispassionate reporting of objective facts, but the blue noses at DFC Thompson will be laughing their cocks off dropping nuggets like that into their articles. 

Before I say my piece, I'm not saying I support this move,. BUT some of the comment have been fucking ridiculous! Also in no way am I comparing Courts with any other manager/coach past or present.

I have no idea of Tam Court's abilities so cannot say if he is any good or not (lets face neither do the vast majority commenting, but we're football fans and having a clue has never stopped us commenting before!). He is highly thought of though.

We need someone with experience is the cry and yes having an experienced head is good IF that head has the ability. I have no issue with an "unknown" being promoted if they have ability, after all you can't get experience if you don't do the job, you can't do the job if you don't have experience.

This is either going to be brilliant or a disaster, there will be no happy medium. We do have a few "reactionary" fans who subscribe to a lot of conspiracy theories about the running of the club and lets be honest Courts will get no time at all as the opinions of him have already been made, he is on a hiding to nothing. Also fans in general, especially in these days of forums and social media, seem to have no patience ( we are all guilty to some degrees of this) so if the first few weeks are not good the knives will really be out.

This is where I'm not comparing abilities, just making a point regarding the differences in fans "then & now". When Jim was appointed manager he had approximately 18 months grand total experience as a coach. We were mid table for next 4 years, a 4th place finish, 1 cup final & near relegated 1st season of the Premier, then the results of the hard work & his master plan really took off and the rest is history.

If the forums had been around then we'd have had a massive melt down then.

Courts has more coaching experience.than Jim did. Not saying he has and I doubt anyone would assume or expect anywhere near the ability of Jim. Just making the point that not everyone with no experience will be a disaster & that managerial/head coach appointments don't always go as predicted. 

We have fans demanding that players with no experience should be in the team, but not a manager.

For me I would prefer someone with a track record I could look up and take confidence from, we aren't getting that, but we've had managers in the past with track records that we were probably happy with, but didn't work out. 

TL:DR

Not getting the pitchforks out like some, he'll get my support, hopefully he'll work out and grow into the job & it'll be viewed as a masterstroke. Would prefer a track record but again no guarantees. If it is going disasterously wrong I hope remedial action is taken quick enough.

Edited by Tannadeechee

4 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

Before I say my piece, I'm not saying I support this move,. BUT some of the comment have been fucking ridiculous! Also in no way am I comparing Courts with any other manager/coach past or present.

I have no idea of Tam Court's abilities so cannot say if he is any good or not (lets face neither do the vast majority commenting, but we're football fans and having a clue has never stopped us commenting before!). He is highly thought of though.

We need someone with experience is the cry and yes having an experienced head is good IF that head has the ability. I have no issue with an "unknown" being promoted if they have ability, after all you can't get experience if you don't do the job, you can't do the job if you don't have experience.

This is either going to be brilliant or a disaster, there will be no happy medium. We do have a few "reactionary" fans who subscribe to a lot of conspiracy theories about the running of the club and lets be honest Courts will get no time at all as the opinions of him have already been made, he is on a hiding to nothing. Also fans in general, especially in these days of forums and social media, seem to have no patience ( we are all guilty to some degrees of this) so if the first few weeks are not good the knives will really be out.

This is where I'm not comparing abilities, just making a point regarding the differences in fans "then & now". When Jim was appointed manager he had approximately 18 months grand total experience as a coach. We were mid table for next 4 years, a 4th place finish, 1 cup final & near relegated 1st season of the Premier, then the results of the hard work & his master plan really took off and the rest is history.

If the forums had been around then we'd have had a massive melt down then.

Courts has more coaching experience.than Jim did. Not saying he has and I doubt anyone would assume or expect anywhere near the ability of Jim. Just making the point that not everyone with no experience will be a disaster & that managerial/head coach appointments don't always go as predicted. 

We have fans demanding that players with no experience should be in the team, but not a manager.

For me I would prefer someone with a track record I could look up and take confidence from, we aren't getting that, but we've had managers in the past with track records that we were probably happy with, but didn't work out. 

TL:DR

Not getting the pitchforks out like some, he'll get my support, hopefully he'll work out and grow into the job & it'll be viewed as a masterstroke. Would prefer a track record but again no guarantees. If it is going disasterously wrong I hope remedial action is taken quick enough.

All the best in your new role, Tam.

5 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

Ability I guess you can go on track record with Kelty..... and where he has the youth team?

Who thinks highly of him? His pals ? 

Cheapest option ? Best option?