Ross County's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Ross County's Next Permanent Manager?  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wonder if MacGregor will change his mind. The argument would be that Mackay has had several jobs in football since the incident and that he has undergone training and is a different person etc etc. 

I've seen a few folk on Twitter defending it. Some seem blindly loyal to the club and Macgregor, others I fear have zero issues with what Mackay said in those text messages.

That’s to be expected at every club tbf, I have no doubt a few Pars fans would be giving it the ‘snowflake’ patter as well.

Tough one to take for the decent County fans. Hope you go bust now though :)

I am very much of the opinion that people deserve redemption. If they work hard and show that their previous actions were not acceptable. It might even be so serious as to involve jail time, still... (most) people deserve a second chance.

The problem with MacKay is that he, at first, tried to play the whole thing down, claiming it was all lies and what had been sent was just locker room banter. It wasn't until an investigation was done that he finally accepted he had sent the messages yet continued to try and downplay them. His line this time was "Out of 1000s of message I've sent only a couple were in poor taste", an analogy of which is that of the 1000s of times I've hugged my mother, only a few times did I punch her in the face, so we shouldn't make a big deal about it.

In the end he went for the "I’m no racist, no sexist, no homophobe and no anti-Semite" despite his messages clearly being racist, sexist, homophobic and anti-Semitic. For clarification, these are the messages he claims are just banter..

7KVsbR1.png

As I said at the start I am a big fan of redemption, with the vast (vast) majority of people deserving that second chance, but only if they accept their wrong doings. MacKay hasn't, or at the very least he's played lip service to them. If he was genuinely sorry and wished to make ameneds it takes more than just attending an awareness course. He should be out there working as an advocate to break down the barriers of racism, sexist, etc. He has failed to do that, seemingly "doing a Winchester" by having a pint and waiting until the whole thing blows over.

Thing is, it hasn't blown over, we've (rightfully) seen the prominence of anti-racism in movements like BLM. If you are a County supporter who also supports the BLM movement, how do you square that circle?

Seems and odd choice for McGregor when he continues to go on about how County should be a family club open to all. With a manager known for holding hateful views, I can't see how those two things are mutually inclusive.

Edited by Ric

13 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Think if he is given a chance, in footballing terms he will be a cracking appointment. A couple of years from now with a bit of success  McGregor will be lauded for his foresight and understanding. Watch this space😉

I agree. Everybody deserves a second chance. If  Mr .Martindale at Livingstone can be allowed a second chance, and surely what he has done in the past was far worse, then surely Mr. McKay deserves one. 

25 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Think if he is given a chance, in footballing terms he will be a cracking appointment. A couple of years from now with a bit of success  McGregor will be lauded for his foresight and understanding. Watch this space😉

I think that is wishful thinking, at best, and shows a complete lack of awareness of his conduct.

5 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

I agree. Everybody deserves a second chance. If  Mr .Martindale at Livingstone can be allowed a second chance, and surely what he has done in the past was far worse, then surely Mr. McKay deserves one. 

The comparison is a good one. Ever listened to Martindale when speaking to the press about this "past troubles"? It's full of acceptance and regret. MacKay on the other hand, as I pointed out in my previous post, consistently said "nothing to see here, everyone is lying".

4 hours ago, Ric said:

I think that is wishful thinking, at best, and shows a complete lack of awareness of his conduct.

The comparison is a good one. Ever listened to Martindale when speaking to the press about this "past troubles"? It's full of acceptance and regret. MacKay on the other hand, as I pointed out in my previous post, consistently said "nothing to see here, everyone is lying".

There's no comparison between  Martindale and Mackay that reflects well on the latter as far as I'm concerned. Martindale did jail time and has to had to slowly rebuild his reputation over several years just to get his current job.

Mackay, as he pointed out today, has had another management job in England and a director's position at the SFA. That gig also allowed him to briefly manage the national team. All since the affair at Cardiff which he's now just dismissing as something that was "seven or eight years ago now and well documented."

I was furious that we considered him to replace Neilson last summer, so I can't help feeling sorry for County fans who now have to decide how to respond to having him as their manager.

Edited by captainkev

52 minutes ago, captainkev said:

There's no comparison between  Martindale and Mackay that reflects well on the latter as far as I'm concerned. Martindale did jail time and has to had to slowly rebuild his reputation over several years just to get his current job.

Mackay, as he pointed out today, has had another management job in England and a job director's position at the SFA. That gig also allowed him to briefly manage the national team. All since the affair at Cardiff which he's now just dismissing as something that was "seven or eight years ago now and well documented."

I was furious that we considered him to replace Neilson last summer, so I can't help feeling sorry for County fans who now have to decide how to respond to having him as their manager.

Win their first half dozen games and they won't give a f**k.

1 hour ago, captainkev said:

Mackay, as he pointed out today, has had another management job in England and a director's position at the SFA. That gig also allowed him to briefly manage the national team. All since the affair at Cardiff which he's now just dismissing as something that was "seven or eight years ago now and well documented."

Martindale should not be allowed any club. He ruined lives with his past behaviour. MacKay is a disgrace. Both managers should be shunned imo

2 hours ago, santheman said:

Win their first half dozen games and they won't give a f**k.

This. If Mackay turns out a success as their manager, nobody at Ross County will give much of a shit.
Don’t suppose he’ll get a free ride from the fans of every other club right enough...

2 hours ago, 18May1991 said:

This. If Mackay turns out a success as their manager, nobody at Ross County will give much of a shit.

I would suggest that this is not, in fact, correct.

On 26/05/2021 at 08:30, ICTChris said:

I wonder if MacGregor will change his mind. The argument would be that Mackay has had several jobs in football since the incident and that he has undergone training and is a different person etc etc. 

And I think that would be a very good point tbh. This man sent some I'll advised texts to someone who then made them public. We don't know the context (my pals and I send texts that if viewed out of context would look horrendous) and also it was a private conversation. There's a lot of pearl clutching about this. Should Malky never work again? He has apologised for this but does he need to every time he takes a new job?