Elgin City

Stranraer

Stirling Albion

Stenhousemuir

Albion Rovers

Annan Athletic

Cowdenbeath

Kelty Hearts

As much as I didn't want to get relegated the thought of there away days is a great comfort, every single ground bar Station Park reachable by train.

Would expecting Kelty to chuck cash as it but no idea what to expect from the rest, don't think there's any clear favourites for bottom of the league and would imagine every team will be targeting playoffs at least.

Also, first time since we've been in the leagues that there will be no Angus derby in any league.

How do you think the Loons will do next season? Kelty will surely be up there and no doubt Edinburgh too, bottom I’m guessing is Annan, Cowdenbeath or Albion on recent seasons.

Amazing fact about no Angus derby next year.

How do you think the Loons will do next season? Kelty will surely be up there and no doubt Edinburgh too, bottom I’m guessing is Annan, Cowdenbeath or Albion on recent seasons.

There'll be a lot of player turnover so it's hard to say right now. I'd be disappointed if we weren't in the top 4 conversation but I am worried about the potential for us to nosedive

There'll be a lot of player turnover so it's hard to say right now. I'd be disappointed if we weren't in the top 4 conversation but I am worried about the potential for us to nosedive

Aye still early but I’d be surprised if you did a nosedive, I’d expect mid table at worst but probably playoffs, League 1 had some decent teams in it this season Dumbarton were Championship until very recently and were 9th and a big name like Falkirk obviously took a few beatings You weren’t cut adrift at the bottom until near the end. Station Park is always a tough place to go to and get an away win. Best of luck next season to you guys.

Should hopefully be a very open league next season considering how 2nd-5th finished this season, with Edinburgh City, Elgin City, Stirling Albion, Stranraer, Forfar and Kelty all able to somewhat reasonably envisage themselves as potential champions if they can keep their good players and improve... unless Kelty bankroll their way to the title a la Cove Rangers, something I could totally expect. Personally expecting Edinburgh City to win the league next season. Maybe Stenny too, they're kind of an unknown entity imo just now.

Will be interesting to see who finishes bottom, teams like Annan and Cowdenbeath need to improve for sure, and Albion Rovers need to keep that positive momentum they've kept this season. None of them are really close to Brechin in terms of lack of quality, but the bottom side will have to deal with probably Bonnyrigg or East Kilbride (maybe Brora or even Brechin as well), and they'll certainly be able to beat most L2 teams imo.

Should hopefully be a very open league next season considering how 2nd-5th finished this season, with Edinburgh City, Elgin City, Stirling Albion, Stranraer, Forfar and Kelty all able to somewhat reasonably envisage themselves as potential champions if they can keep their good players and improve... unless Kelty bankroll their way to the title a la Cove Rangers, something I could totally expect. Personally expecting Edinburgh City to win the league next season. Maybe Stenny too, they're kind of an unknown entity imo just now.
Will be interesting to see who finishes bottom, teams like Annan and Cowdenbeath need to improve for sure, and Albion Rovers need to keep that positive momentum they've kept this season. None of them are really close to Brechin in terms of lack of quality, but the bottom side will have to deal with probably Bonnyrigg or East Kilbride (maybe Brora or even Brechin as well), and they'll certainly be able to beat most L2 teams imo.

I’d fancy Bonnyrigg or Bo’ness next year with the winners to play Brora. Probably a season too soon for Brechin to bounce back unless they hit the ground running.

43 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Usually the relegated team is favourite to win the league. However, seldom works out like that. Forfar will do well to stay away from the bottom.

Kelty might do a Cove/QP and spend money, they've got some experienced League players there at the moment too. There is the Barry factor of course...

Stirling have been getting players in. City fans actually thought after QP they were the best team so it might click for them.

Elgin are frustratingly inconsistent. I think they will be up there but it must be annoying for Gavin Price that they can be brilliant one week and shite the next. Unless it's his fault of course!

I'd fancy Stranraer to be there as well. Stenny fans seem to be hoping for good things. We'll see. I don't think the Wee Rovers will be bottom, they're slowly improving. Cowden need a striker but will get points off us as they always do. Forfar? Who knows. I have a soft spot for them, hopefully they won't do a Brechin. 

I have concerns for our old pals Annan but they usually do enough to survive. 

As for us? We have a few creaking legs and the players out (if any) roll will be interesting. Two things make me happy- we're back at Meadowbank. And anything above second bottom is fine for a bunch of diddy Lowland League upstarts!

Would expect Kelty to win it relatively comfortably, everything else up in the air.

Hopefully there’s no lingering issues with fans getting in as there’s a load of good away days and with City being back at Meadowbank at least we won’t have to deal with away fans moaning (correctly) about the lack of pub options near the ground.

Next season is set to be a cracker, with the fact that fans will return to games being the icing on the cake.

Far to early to make any predictions on how it will go, however I think for the first time in a long time, it’s going to be tight at both ends of the table.

1 hour ago, San Starko Rover said:

I’d fancy Bonnyrigg or Bo’ness next year with the winners to play Brora. Probably a season too soon for Brechin to bounce back unless they hit the ground running.

Will be interesting to see what East Stirling (that will wind them up) shire's budget is like next season. Some small signs lately that the moneyman from Firs Street may be losing interest and if so they could have challenges ahead.

Not clear how the parent BSC youth club ending their association with the Alloa Nomads will affect BSCG's finances but doubt it will help so think the two you mention plus East Kilbride are favourites at this point. Maybe Spartans as well? Are they not supposed to have had a bit of investment from somewhere?

The time for LL clubs to push the boat out a bit and really go for it is probably next season before the likes of Auchinleck Talbot, Clydebank and Darvel arrive. Plenty more churn to come in the years ahead for League Two once the top west clubs start to crash the pyramid party.

There's a lot to look forward to in League 2 next year. It's far too early to predict how the division will pan out but who cares when it's fun to do! I can see Kelty Hearts, Forfar Athletic and Edinburgh City challenging for the title. Although they didn't play all that well against Brechin City, Kelty's starting XI is made up of a number of talented, experienced players and if they're intelligent with their recruitment, they could go on to have a successful campaign. I think the "Ferguson factor" is perhaps a little overwrought and he's learned a lot from his mistakes at Clyde. Forfar Athletic made a dreadful misstep in appointing Stuart Malcolm as manager but now they're able to flush his dreck out of the squad and start again, you'd fancy them to challenge for the top. If Edinburgh can retain the bulk of this season's team, they could compete for the title but teams in League 1 must be looking at Liam Brown and Liam Henderson; I think Gary Naysmith might be thinking about turning the squad over.

Stranraer have signed up a lot of last year's team, so too have Elgin City, and they should always be considered for a top-four place. I'm keen to see what Tam Muir can do at Stair Park and if Kane Hester can put his off-field problems to one side and focus exclusively on football, I've no doubt he'll finish as the league's top scorer.  Stirling Albion have disappointed since being relegated to this division in 2015 but Ray Grant could be one of the best signings of the summer. Is Kevin Rutkiewicz able to get the most of out of his team, though?

Who knows how Stenhousemuir will fare after making so many signings from BSC Glasgow (and BJ Coll)? They'll either be League 2's surprise package and finish in the top four or struggle to avoid last place. Cowdenbeath declined terribly over the last 18 months and there's a feeling that Gary Bollan has run out of ideas; Annan Athletic might make a couple of decent signings from non-league teams in the north of England but probably won't and end up in eighth; and if Albion Rovers can reprise their form from the latter part of the season and bring in some of their West of Scotland loanees on a permanent basis, they should have enough to keep them safe.

All to play for!

No predictions from me, but this does look like quite a fine league. Obviously not best pleased at Forfar being here, but this is hopefully the time for the Board to have learned some hard lessons and come out with a new outlook. Cannae wait to get back to Station Park and visit the other grounds. I'll probably be scoring pies out of ten (bridie's a class apart, obv). Kelty probably closest to Forfar? I'm going to have The Binos as my "derby" and catch up with friends there but Edinburgh and Stranraer for a weekend of things. Might give Elgin a miss, though but Stenhousemuir are good guys. Is Gilmours still the place for fine wine and dining?

35 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

No predictions from me, but this does look like quite a fine league. Obviously not best pleased at Forfar being here, but this is hopefully the time for the Board to have learned some hard lessons and come out with a new outlook. Cannae wait to get back to Station Park and visit the other grounds. I'll probably be scoring pies out of ten (bridie's a class apart, obv). Kelty probably closest to Forfar? I'm going to have The Binos as my "derby" and catch up with friends there but Edinburgh and Stranraer for a weekend of things. Might give Elgin a miss, though but Stenhousemuir are good guys. Is Gilmours still the place for fine wine and dining?

Elgin are good guys. 

not going to predict this season but it surely be competitive as hell i think even if the teams that finished near bottom previously improve with new signings or start to get some momentum could be hard one to call hopefully ourselves (elgin city) are up in the playoffs again or even pushing for the title but with us sometimes performances are chalk and cheese especially towards the end of the season

Guest mr_malcolm

Couldn’t possible comment on how we will be next season, we don’t even know who Gary irvines back room staff will be yet .