Favourite toys growing up.

Slightly off topic but I collected one of these stupid compendium subscription things in the early 90s called WAR (I think). Did anyone else have this? I tried googling it recently but couldn't find anything. It was basically a monthly pack you would buy to fill up your folder with all sorts of military info about planes, guns and regiments.

22 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I thought you were going to invent a P&B board game. It could have Chance and Community Chest cards like Monopoly:

"You have been banned. Miss a turn while you think up a new alias"

"Go to the P&B equivalent of jail. The Juniors forum. Miss three turns while you try and stop your eyes from bleeding"

"You have suffered from Crispy pets. Collect £10 from each player"

"Professor Jason Leitch had come round for tea. Miss a turn while you kick him in the bollocks"

"It's Saturday night. Cowp the board if St Mirren have lost"

"You have won the Most Respected Poster Poll. Collect £100 from all other players.

Just kidding, no-one knows who you are. Sit there while all other players laugh at you"

To this day, every charity shop has to stock at least one copy of Master Mind by law. It must have sold like gangbusters back in the '70s.

11 hours ago, BFTD said:

To this day, every charity shop has to stock at least one copy of Master Mind by law. It must have sold like gangbusters back in the '70s.

My journey to/from school involved a lift share with two boys from other families. One Christmas we all gave each other a Mini Mastermind game, thus ending up with two copies each.

My parents also bought a copy of Deluxe Mastermind (5 colour code from 8 colours). It was consigned to the bottom of the board game pile within a week.

57 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Can't have a series of box covers on here without this old classic. 

"Your work's no finished hen.  Get they dishes done and train up wee Beatrix whilst you're at it"

battleship1-1280x736.jpg

That guy is definitely OFTW. 

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Can't have a series of box covers on here without this old classic. 

"Your work's no finished hen.  Get they dishes done and train up wee Beatrix whilst you're at it"

battleship1-1280x736.jpg

f**k sake Dean Martin you useless c**t. Pissed again no doubt.

Dean Martin Renaissance On Deck with New CD, DVD, Book Launches | Billboard

Was in a branch of Waterstones on Saturday and they had a Battleship re-release using that box.

Just to add to the oddness of that picture, son and father seem to be speaking out of their eyes and oxter respectively.