Favourite toys growing up.

23 hours ago, philpy said:

Was talking to a mate the other day about the toys we had in the younger  days, and what our favourites were. I used to love the M.A.S.K cartoons,  and had pretty much all the toys. What were everyone  else's  favourites??

14330131_1156111847761163_6847647694616790163_n.jpg

c9a6f8a7b6c38eb8d6f9c3f1d36f20dbe9da9bdd_hq.jpg

6c27cc9d045a7827d4130a1e9be6b6ebe1d9af0c_hq.jpg

38745.jpg

Loved M.A.S.K, theres been rumours of a big screen reboot. 
Loved the GI joe toys too and transformers. 

2 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

IMG_4846.jpg

These absolute shaggers

I remember one of my birthdays I had a group of 6 or 7 friends round for a party, two of the kids bought me the same one... Felt like chucking them out on the spot. 

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Au contraire, if anything it taught me that you don't really need any instructions to construct a masterpiece.

That said, I've yet to see a football stand that used bits of police station, castle and pirate ship in its construction.

If you played with  enough Lego then you don't need to do any more than glance at the Ikea Instructions

Just now, Mr. Alli said:

MM is/was a child bride.. 

Or his older sister got married. 

Thanks for clearing it up ;)I just found it weird that you can have in laws at the same age you are playing with a train set.

2 hours ago, Old Diamond said:

Talking of Football Games - I used to have this one - Penalty Football Cards it was actually one of the best football games I played.

Speaking of unusual football games, I had this for the spectrum 48k (or may have been the amstrad 464 depending on year): Brian Clough's Football Fortunes. 

It was multi-player only, and was a football management computer game board game hybrid. The computer rolled the dice (?!) and you moved around the board, buying and selling players in auctions, and getting injuries and suspensions and all sorts of shit that impacted on your match day squad.

Then on match day, you'd input the sum total of your def, your mids and your atts and the game would generate a vidi-printer result, league tables, fixtures etc

It was English leagues only, but had both cups as well (not sure about Europe.) Me and my mates used to spend many a rainy day when it was too mingin to actually kick a ball outside playing this, genuinely hundreds of hours poured into it. 

Never once have I spoken to anyone else who had it or even played it. 

brianspectrum.jpg

Edited by madwullie

10 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Speaking of unusual football games, I had this for the spectrum 48k (or may have been the amstrad 464 depending on year): Brian Clough's Football Fortunes. 

It was multi-player only, and was a football management computer game board game hybrid. The computer rolled the dice (?!) and you moved around the board, buying and selling players in auctions, and getting injuries and suspensions and all sorts of shit that impacted on your match day squad.

Then on match day, you'd input the sum total of your def, your mids and your atts and the game would generate a vidi-printer result, league tables, fixtures etc

It was English leagues only, but had both cups as well (not sure about Europe.) Me and my mates used to spend many a rainy day when it was too mingin to actually kick a ball outside playing this, genuinely hundreds of hours poured into it. 

Never once have I spoken to anyone else who had it or even played it. 

brianspectrum.jpg

I had it for the cpc464, used to be great fun putting in high points for the attacks & low points for the defences then sitting back to watch a 7-6 classic.

1 minute ago, Perkin Flump said:

I had it for the cpc464, used to be great fun putting in high points for the attacks & low points for the defences then sitting back to watch a 7-6 classic.

Honestly? Fucking hell mate, I've been looking for you all my life 

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Thanks for clearing it up ;)I just found it weird that you can have in laws at the same age you are playing with a train set.

Really easy with big families in the olden days. One of my best pals growing up had 7 siblings with a 23 year gap between him and his eldest sister. He was also a year younger than her daughter.

21 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I still build Lego models now, but it costs a fucking fortune.

Who'da' think it? A poster on here playing with Lego.

2 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

These things were the boys - 

76) Set of 3 Vintage 1950s Toy Field Guns, Dinky & Britains - World War  Wonders

Could fire a flaming cotton bud right across the living room, mowing down hunners o' these guys

71D%2BLJrRxDL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Did you go the Germans as well?

11 hours ago, RiG said:

I had the same ship. Loved it as it so many "hidden" things to play with be it the missiles, littles transport tubes or the thing that popped out of the middle of the spaceship. Loved that toy so much!

I had these as well and in fact I had the exact same ones that are in this photo! Still in decent nick (apart from the T Rex which I tended to chew for some reason). I always got one of these when my family took us to the museum in Edinburgh. Memories! I think my folks still have them in the garage boxed up so maybe something to give to my niece or nephew if they get into dinosaurs. 

My triceratops's horns got chewed as well. 🤣 I think mine got gifted to a young cousin, tempted to ask if she still has them.