A season like no other

A pictorial view of the post shutdown fixtures. This should never be allowed to happen again in my opinion, but greedy clubs are more to blame I suppose.

The last column has been cut off slightly, but I shows the number of games played with less than 48hrs recovery. 

I would really be interested in club-by-club injuries over this period if any fans of each club can be bothered? Also, I put this together quite quickly, so feel free to point out any mistakes.

AC183494-96B7-41BA-8473-8CC4504EB50B.jpeg

Edited by 7 Eleven

I still maintain the clubs got away with this relatively scot free. It's absolutely disgraceful that Clyde voted to put their players through that schedule. Averaging 2.8 days per game! It would have been worse if not for the EF postponement as well.

It's also disgraceful that the PFA didn't prevent it. 

I thought that Clyde had been impacted worse than anyone else by the compressed schedule but I didn’t think it quite that stark. 11 away games out of 17 and less than 3 days per game on average. A miracle we didn’t get relegated really. 

11 hours ago, David W said:

I still maintain the clubs got away with this relatively scot free. It's absolutely disgraceful that Clyde voted to put their players through that schedule. Averaging 2.8 days per game! It would have been worse if not for the EF postponement as well.

It's also disgraceful that the PFA didn't prevent it. 

I agree but have to offer that desperate times = desperate measures. I do however think that there must have been a better solution and had Thistle not been promoted I'd probably be seething so success can blind opinion. 

I know little to nothing about the internal workings and rules of association laws/regulations and those of UEFA and fifa so I have no doubt these laws prevented a common sense solution, but, I would have thought that when L1 and 2 was temporarily suspended in January why we didn't move to playing the remainder if the season through summer, even into June? 

I understand that has impact on clubs for play offs and retaining players and budgets for next season not knowing what league they would be in but am left wondering that in such desperate times extending the season into June to accommodate the shortened season wouldnt have been too difficult. just seem very unfair on players especially the clyde team. Done now I guess and the solution was agreed by all the L 1 and 2 clubs so you would hope the club chairs consulted the managers and players.

1 hour ago, sydney said:

I thought that Clyde had been impacted worse than anyone else by the compressed schedule but I didn’t think it quite that stark. 11 away games out of 17 and less than 3 days per game on average. A miracle we didn’t get relegated really. 

Maybe next year, eh?

You can understand why Lennon is saying it’s his greatest achievement in management by staying up. Although I’d argue to some extent it was avoidable, it we had recruited better at start of the season.

Suppose we were where we were so yes incredible that we avoided playoff place.

I actually quite enjoyed it. Was better getting hit by a shitstorm as we did over a short period than the football wasting 8 months of my year. Playing a full season over a couple of months could be the future.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

• 2 weeks later...