The robbery of Callum Davidson of manager of the year by Steven Gerrard

8 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

10000/1 is an attention grabbing headline from The Record but it would have required the Saintees to have been an unlikely 100/1 for both cups. More likely they would have been 50/1 for each (2500/1) or even 33/1 (just over 1000/1).

Still, good money if you were on it.

It's McBookie who said it would've been 10,000/1

Was this not Gerrard's 3rd season? He's had time and a ludicrous sum of money to build his own team. He paid circa £7M for just one player!

This is Davidson's first season as manager. He has not had 3 seasons to build his own team. He has not been able to sign any player for millions of pounds. In fact I think someone said he only signed one player where a fee was involved.

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Was this not Gerrard's 3rd season? He's had time and a ludicrous sum of money to build his own team. He paid circa £7M for just one player!

This is Davidson's first season as manager. He has not had 3 seasons to build his own team. He has not been able to sign any player for millions of pounds. In fact I think someone said he only signed one player where a fee was involved.

His signings this season are two loanees from Millwall, Craig Bryson, Craig Conway, a loaned from Rangers, then Guy Melamed.

Only players who cost a fee in our squad are Murray Davidson over a decade ago, and Jamie McCart in January 2020, for a fee under £30k.

11 hours ago, Henrik's tongue said:

The thread title reminds me of the film:

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.

For some reason.

Team CD all the way by the way. 

I think that every time I click on the thread.  Is that not @Savage Henry's favourite film?

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

His signings this season are two loanees from Millwall, Craig Bryson, Craig Conway, a loaned from Rangers, then Guy Melamed.

Only players who cost a fee in our squad are Murray Davidson over a decade ago, and Jamie McCart in January 2020, for a fee under £30k.

😢  Although I think his contract was up in the summer.

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

😢  Although I think his contract was up in the summer.

Yeah he'd already signed a PCA with us I think, we just used the money from selling Matty Kennedy to bring him in early.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah he'd already signed a PCA with us I think, we just used the money from selling Matty Kennedy to bring him in early.

And remember the uproar about selling Kennedy early? Almost impossible to contemplate.

2 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

And remember the uproar about selling Kennedy early? Almost impossible to contemplate.

I was one who didn't like it, and Kennedy was gone before McCart was even mentioned.

Matty Kennedy was a good player for us, it's only in retrospect that him leaving and (probably) letting us get McCart turned out to be genius. At that time I don't think any Saints fans were dancing round the living room because we'd signed McCart, he seemed like a solid but unspectacular option at the time. 

McCart had a loan spell at us on 16/17 in the Premiership and wasn't great, he was probably only 19 or 20 then.  He then went on loan to Alloa in League One and was superb, then we signed him and he was superb for 1.5 seasons for us in the Championship and he's just got better and better every year.  A really good defender.

Just a shame his dad has a mad hard on for the OF colts joining the league.

25 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I think that every time I click on the thread.  Is that not @Savage Henry's favourite film?

I was going to post something like “The Assassination of Callum Davidson by the Slippery Steven G”…. And yes, it is.  An absolute masterpiece.  

2 hours ago, Yflab said:

It would have better just to say “Enjoy your night pal!” ala Kevin Bridges.

Aberdeen have been serial underachievers since Fergie left despite the amount of money they have spent. 

Remember “toastergate”? https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12184138.aberdeen-on-breadline-as-savings-include-club-toaster/

Aberdeen also bought second hand urinals from St Mirren when we left Love Street.

They also voted in favour of keeping the 10-2 top league voting structure when The Rangers were in the bottom tier. 

Shameful behaviour. 

Hoi, stop dredging up all of our misdemeanours because of one poor soul who says he’s an Aberdeen supporter. (I’m sure I’ve pished on these porcelain units)

Just now, kingjoey said:

Hoi, stop dredging up all of our misdemeanours because of one poor soul who says he’s an Aberdeen supporter. (I’m sure I’ve pished on these porcelain units)

Stainless steel no less.

30 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

What do you mean ”says he's an Aberdeen supporter"? 

28 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

What do you mean ”says he's an Aberdeen supporter"? 

You’ve got “My Team: Aberdeen”, so you say you’re an Aberdeen supporter, same as I say I’m an Aberdeen supporter.

This thread is just a glorious smorgasbord of end of season tit for tat squabbling.

We've done the double and are the greatest team with the greatest manager in the history of Scottish football.

Now we've put that to bed, let's forget about the MOTY thing, and just go all out on what annoys you about some other random club...

I'll start. Aberdeen's club crest is shite. It looks like it was designed by a 5 year old.

7 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You’ve got “My Team: Aberdeen”, so you say you’re an Aberdeen supporter, same as I say I’m an Aberdeen supporter.

Just be honest with him and say what everybody else does "Because you're clearly a follower of Glasgow Celtic, pretending to support Aberdeen." 

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

What a depressing life you must have.

There's absolutely zero chance I'm forgetting anything about the cup runs simply because we'll inevitably lose a game we shouldn't/get relegated at some point in the next 40 years.

It's a really odd thing to do m8, and it's not as normal you seem to be thinking it is.

As the Indian proverb goes, don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his moccasins.

I'm scarred by supporting Aberdeen. My first memories of Aberdeen we were winning most of the trophies domestically and being one of the best club sides in Europe. Within 12 years, we were fighting relegation and getting pumped by Stenhousemuir.

I'm wary of success, all that glitters is not gold and all that.

Certainly nothing against the Saints. I like to go down to Perth on the European nights and give them my backing. Although, that won't happen this summer with Covid cutting the gate to around 20% of capacity.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Just be honest with him and say what everybody else does "Because you're clearly a follower of Glasgow Celtic, pretending to support Aberdeen." 

Is this just a generic quote or are you directing at me? I dislike the both sides of the duopoly but it's more intense with the Unionists if my words against Sevco are upsetting you...I know Dundee are pals with your Govan cousins.

3 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I know Dundee are pals with your Govan cousins.

Dundee voted for Celtic to win the league last year (which you no doubt celebrated). 

Anyway, this topic isn't about you being a Celtic fan or Aberdeen fans pishing into pieces of metal once in Paisley.