The robbery of Callum Davidson of manager of the year by Steven Gerrard

7 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

I'm not here to suggest that Gerrard didn't perform outstandingly well under huge fan pressure, and leagues are harder to win than cups, but we all know it never has been a level playing field up here.

I doubt that any OF fan could ever understand the sheer extent or magnitude of the endeavour required by a non-OF club to win a major trophy up here ..... never mind two of them in one season. It's a helluva achievement. 

They reckon going undefeated against 11 other clubs, 10 of which have effectively zero money compared to them, is much harder.

Guest TheJTS98

People keep banging on about Rangers' unbeaten league season as if it's some outlandish achievement. They're the fourteenth club in Europe to do it in the last decade. Nineteen clubs in Europe did it in the decade before that. Red Star Belgrade have done it this season too. f**k me, it's the second time in five years it's been done in Scotland, never mind anywhere else.

With the constant widening of the financial gap between each nation's biggest clubs and the rest this is something we're going to see more of in lots of leagues. Wouldn't surprise me to see it again in Scotland within a few years.

What Davidson has done is genuinely incredible. I'd have been more willing to put money on Rangers going the season unbeaten than St Johnstone trebling their major honours list at the start of the season.

All that said, who gives a flying f**k who wins MOTY?

28 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

I'm not here to suggest that Gerrard didn't perform outstandingly well under huge fan pressure, and leagues are harder to win than cups, but we all know it never has been a level playing field up here.

I doubt that any OF fan could ever understand the sheer extent or magnitude of the endeavour required by a non-OF club to win a major trophy up here ..... never mind two of them in one season. It's a helluva achievement. 

Actually a lot of our younger fans have grown up without having experienced winning a major trophy but that's side tracking.

Won the league in early March against the quadruple treble winners by playing the best fitba that I've seen in Scotland since Advocaat's team. Unbeaten in 38 league games.

Unbeaten in the Europa group stages and through to the last 16.

Playing a huge part in upping Scotland's European coefficient rankings. 

1 hour ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

A season like no other. About 1,000 fans in total watch 228 Premiership matches, a not particularly spectacular Sevco win the league without losing a match, and St Johnstone win the Cup double and no regular fans gets to see either final live.

In a way, I'm glad as an Aberdeen supporter that I have nothing to reflect back on fondly for season 2020/2021. The supporters are the lifeblood of the game and personal memories of Saints Cup double season or Sevco's unbeaten season will be sparse. Few reflections to pass down the generations. 

I watched the Scottish Cup final yesterday and for the first time wasn't jealous that my club wasn't involved. *

The honours list will forever include your club's name as the winner's but even for Saints fans, I think this season will soon fade from memory. 

Nevertheless, well done to Saints. 

*EDIT, Actually I forgot about the 2020 final which I also wasn't bothered about. That didn't even feel like a Scottish Cup Final. Six months after and its been erased from my mind. The era of the empty cup finals... 

Nahki Wells What GIF by Bristol City FC

I think it does highlight how flawed the system is by giving out the awards prior to the season actually being completed. I’m not saying Gerrard didn’t deserve his award, but Davidson would also have been massively deserving of it had the awards been based on a complete season.

7 minutes ago, AJF said:

I was poking fun at the thread title, not the actual content to be fair 😂

It wasn’t in direct response to you in fairness. 

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

I think it does highlight how flawed the system is by giving out the awards prior to the season actually being completed. I’m not saying Gerrard didn’t deserve his award, but Davidson would also have been massively deserving of it had the awards been based on a complete season.

It makes no sense. Mcinnes got it in 2014 when we won the league cup, knocked Celtic out the SC and it looked like we would finish 2nd.

Then we fucked up 2nd to Motherwell and st Johnstone won the Scottish cup and suddenly it all looked a bit silly. 

21 minutes ago, bennett said:

Actually a lot of our younger fans have grown up without having experienced winning a major trophy but that's side tracking.

Won the league in early March against the quadruple treble winners by playing the best fitba that I've seen in Scotland since Advocaat's team. Unbeaten in 38 league games.

Unbeaten in the Europa group stages and through to the last 16.

Playing a huge part in upping Scotland's European coefficient rankings. 

They’ll see their team win about 40 league titles in their lifetime.