The robbery of Callum Davidson of manager of the year by Steven Gerrard

Davidson wasn’t robbed. At that point in time they decided Gerrard was deserving of it. If the vote was tomorrow it would without doubt be Davidson but it’s always been a stupid system to give a personal award without all the domestic trophies being decided.

Did I read this right? They decide the awards before the end of the season so folk will turn up to the fucking awards ceremony? 😂

Gerrard rightly won the award when it was given however if it was awarded at the end of the season as it really should be then Davidson should 100% be Manager if the year and only the most blinkered Rangers fan would disagree. What Gerrard achieved was outstanding, overturning Celtics 10IAR, doing well in Europe and winning the league without defeat and virtually every season that would guarantee MOTY but Callum Davidson won a cup double with St Johnstone! Let that sink in. A team who only won their first major honour in 2014, a new manager and an achievement only managed by two managers outside the Old Firm (SAF and JS) which were both when Aberdeen were a force in Scotland. I’m not taking anything away from Gerrard but winning a Cup Double with St Johnstone is an unbelievable achievement.

People need to understand that it's not just the newspapers' back pages which view the whole of Scottish football as nothing but a stage for the old firm, it's everything in the game. All the pundits. All the former pros. f**k's sake, most of the current players and managers openly support the old firm. There is nothing objective in the game and silly things like on-pitch performance come a distant second to which school somebody went to.

Edited by Thumper

11 hours ago, LiviLion said:

This isn't true.

So if it wasn't the SPFL MOTY it was the SFWA one or the one decided by the other managers. What's the issue? 

10 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Nope. Yogi Hughes won both awards in the 2014/15 season.

ETA - I thought European competitions didn’t have any relevance in these awards? Could be wrong on that though. 

Nope what? 

They probably do have relevance for the SFWA one and the player decided one even if they're not meant to, the cups will too but of course this was done before the Scottish Cup. 

I don't know what is so disagreeable, I've said if I could I'd have given it to Davidson, I've recognised their achievement was bigger than ours and I've pointed out that the awards are based on either personal opinion or SPFL performance, there are clearly flaws in the system with it being decided before the end of the Scottish Cup. Funnily enough not too many Saints fans have taken issue with my point, probably because they don't care and are enjoying it and soaking it up as they should be. Awards mean f**k all.

Edited by Stormzy

A season like no other. About 1,000 fans in total watch 228 Premiership matches, a not particularly spectacular Sevco win the league without losing a match, and St Johnstone win the Cup double and no regular fans gets to see either final live.

In a way, I'm glad as an Aberdeen supporter that I have nothing to reflect back on fondly for season 2020/2021. The supporters are the lifeblood of the game and personal memories of Saints Cup double season or Sevco's unbeaten season will be sparse. Few reflections to pass down the generations. 

I watched the Scottish Cup final yesterday and for the first time wasn't jealous that my club wasn't involved. *

The honours list will forever include your club's name as the winner's but even for Saints fans, I think this season will soon fade from memory. 

Nevertheless, well done to Saints. 

*EDIT, Actually I forgot about the 2020 final which I also wasn't bothered about. That didn't even feel like a Scottish Cup Final. Six months after and its been erased from my mind. The era of the empty cup finals... 

Edited by Bogbrush1903

12 hours ago, bennett said:

E2A87-SXIAIpKur?format=jpg&name=small

E2A88ACXsAIFcc5?format=jpg&name=small

E2A88FpX0Agsw4A?format=jpg&name=small

If anyone would care to zoom in and tell me which one he was robbed with? 

Edited by Stormzy

A season like no other. About 1,000 fans in total watch 228 Premiership matches, a not particularly spectacular Sevco win the league without losing a match, and St Johnstone win the Cup double and no regular fans gets to see either final live.
In a way, I'm glad as an Aberdeen supporter that I have nothing to reflect back on fondly for season 2020/2021. The supporters are the lifeblood of the game and personal memories of Saints Cup double season or Sevco's unbeaten season will be sparse. Few reflections to pass down the generations. 
I watched the Scottish Cup final yesterday and for the first time wasn't jealous that my club wasn't involved. *
The honours list will forever include your club's name as the winner's but even for Saints fans, I think this season will soon fade from memory. 
*EDIT, Actually I forgot about the 2020 final which I also wasn't bothered about. That didn't even feel like a Scottish Cup Final. Six months after and its been erased from my mind. The era of the empty cup finals... 
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

38 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Gerrard rightly won the award when it was given however if it was awarded at the end of the season as it really should be then Davidson should 100% be Manager if the year and only the most blinkered Rangers fan would disagree. What Gerrard achieved was outstanding, overturning Celtics 10IAR, doing well in Europe and winning the league without defeat and virtually every season that would guarantee MOTY but Callum Davidson won a cup double with St Johnstone! Let that sink in. A team who only won their first major honour in 2014, a new manager and an achievement only managed by two managers outside the Old Firm (SAF and JS) which were both when Aberdeen were a force in Scotland. I’m not taking anything away from Gerrard but winning a Cup Double with St Johnstone is an unbelievable achievement.

JS ?

Not Alex Smith ?

24 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

So if it wasn't the SPFL MOTY it was the SFWA one or the one decided by the other managers. What's the issue? 

Nope what? 

They probably do have relevance for the SFWA one and the player decided one even if they're not meant to, the cups will too but of course this was done before the Scottish Cup. 

I don't know what is so disagreeable, I've said if I could I'd have given it to Davidson, I've recognised their achievement was bigger than ours and I've pointed out that the awards are based on either personal opinion or SPFL performance, there are clearly flaws in the system with it being decided before the end of the Scottish Cup. Funnily enough not too many Saints fans have taken issue with my point, probably because they don't care and are enjoying it and soaking it up as they should be. Awards mean f**k all.

Nope, the manager who wins the league doesn’t always win the manager of the year award. That was all.

Just now, PB1994 said:

Nope, the manager who wins the league doesn’t always win the manager of the year award. That was all.

Okay, there are 3 separate awards so I don't know which one you mean but I've never claimed that they always do for any of them. 

2 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Okay, there are 3 separate awards so I don't know which one you mean but I've never claimed that they always do for any of them. 

I know you never claimed it, you said you weren’t sure so I was just confirming it as the always the manager that wins the league.

It was the PFA Manager of the Year and the Writers awards he won. No idea what the third one is.

31 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

1273245362_giphy(24).gif.2d359f3bdf76d57cda46b44dfc7d1025.gif

40 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

This is top quality. Keep it coming.

24 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I know you never claimed it, you said you weren’t sure so I was just confirming it as the always the manager that wins the league.

It was the PFA Manager of the Year and the Writers awards he won. No idea what the third one is.

The third one is the SPFL one. So that's based on league performance. I'm unsurprised that people don't agree with the players or sports writers but I'm guessing they generally based their view on the SPFL anyway  

As I've said Davidson has done better overall imo but the issue seems to be with the scope of the award rather than some diddy conspiracy. 

54 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

An absolutely wonderful post, you can almost taste the salty tears.

7 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

The third one is the SPFL one. So that's based on league performance. I'm unsurprised that people don't agree with the players or sports writers but I'm guessing they generally based their view on the SPFL anyway  

As I've said Davidson has done better overall imo but the issue seems to be with the scope of the award rather than some diddy conspiracy. 

The only award the SFA gives out is the Scottish cup, it's never considered in these awards,strange thread for strange people. 

Edited by wastecoatwilly

I'm not here to suggest that Gerrard didn't perform outstandingly well under huge fan pressure, and leagues are harder to win than cups, but we all know it never has been a level playing field up here.

I doubt that any OF fan could ever understand the sheer extent or magnitude of the endeavour required by a non-OF club to win a major trophy up here ..... never mind two of them in one season. It's a helluva achievement.